I like Gibson but they're pushing their luck...

guitarbilly74

• Members
Thats quite simply not the truth.. Most guitars are glue-ups. I'd say at least 90% of guitars from all price ranges will probably be a glue up of 2 or more pieces. THis isnt anything new or frowned upon. And dont tell me the glue is hampering resonance because the glue used after clamping and drying is going to be insanely thin and the strength of glue bond is stronger than the wood itself. Multiple piece solidbody electric guitars will resonate just as much as a single piece, they are more stable too.. IN fact one could make the argument of multiple piece guitars having possibly a wider tonal range due to the slight differences ALL different pieces of wood will have, but even then I doubt the differences could ever be judged..

So what you're telling me is you've never tested a 1 piece body strat against a 3 piece body?

Alright, i'll just smile and nod then. You can live in your fantasy world :rolleyes:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll never buy a Gibson, at least not without actually physically checking it out. Why? One of my buddies recently received his Les Paul Custom he ordered and upon inspection one of the tuning heads is {censored}ed and won't stay in tune. The bridge says Epiphone on the bottom of it, why? Tuning and intonation was horrible. Now I know these are minor things but for 4,500 {censored}ing clams I find that unacceptable. Rant over, csb.

• Members

The bad thing about the dusk tiger is that the wood and finish look sweet, but the trim and tech make it horrendous. The ZV is just terrible. That would be like trying to breed an elephant and a pot belly pig to get a pot-belly elephant and just ending up with a gigantic, ugly as {censored} pig. I love Vs and SGs.

• Members
So what you're telling me is you've never tested a 1 piece body strat against a 3 piece body?

Alright, i'll just smile and nod then. You can live in your fantasy world
:rolleyes:

What Im saying is I've built guitar's from one piece and from glue-ups.. SO now you can continue to nod your head, and understand you think you know what you are talking about, but dont have any real world experience or understanding on the subject... :thu:

• Members
I'll never buy a Gibson, at least not without actually physically checking it out. Why? One of my buddies recently received his Les Paul Custom he ordered and upon inspection one of the tuning heads is {censored}ed and won't stay in tune.
The bridge says Epiphone on the bottom of it
, why? Tuning and intonation was horrible. Now I know these are minor things but for 4,500 {censored}ing clams I find that unacceptable. Rant over, csb.

Really?
$4,500 for an epi bridge wonder? :facepalm:

:rolleyes:

Me thinks your telling a fib :poke:

Archived