I'm done with my rack. DONE!! :mad:

guitarbilly74

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Been there, done that. ADA MP2, Marshall Dual Monoblock, Alesis & TC Electronics rack user for
years

It's all subjective, of course, but give me a head, cab and pedals any day, ALL day.
:thu:

I can get at least 6 great sounds out of my head with the click of one button, btw, and clicking just one more gives me access to most of the effects I prefer to use.
:cop:

Thing is with pedals is...you can't have multiple settings (IN GENERAL). I can have a different delay setting for clean/chorus and hi-gain lead and low gain...etc. This makes a BIG difference...to me. It's why pros have 2-3 rack delays in the rig. Same with chorus...I can have more chorus on one patch...and a different, lesser-effected chorus on another.

Yes...I fully understand that for some, a delay is a delay, and chorus is chorus and any of it will do. But for me...it makes all the difference in the world.

I also can't WAIT to check your amp at the FLAF. I'll be first in line for that. (bonER!)

• Members
Thing is with pedals is...you can't have multiple settings (IN GENERAL). I can have a different delay setting for clean/chorus and hi-gain lead and low gain...etc. This makes a BIG difference...to me. It's why pros have 2-3 rack delays in the rig. Same with chorus...I can have more chorus on one patch...and a different, lesser-effected chorus on another.

Yes...I fully understand that for some, a delay is a delay, and chorus is chorus and any of it will do. But for me...it makes all the difference in the world.

I also can't WAIT to check your amp at the FLAF. I'll be first in line for that. (bonER!)

:cry: I'm not attending. I'm on-call with my job and can't get that day off! :mad: :arg:

Unless I get lucky enough to find a new job before then, and believe me, I'm looking!

• Members
well my auction for the JMP-1 just ended and I got $541 for it
:cool:
yesyerday I sold the Marshall power amp for $350 but then I spent $100 on something else.

So that leaves me with $800 for buy a nice head without having to sell my rack
:cool:

:)

I gotta put mine on the bay. I couldnt move mine for 425.

• Members
yeah say what you want about ebay but it's still the best place to sell gear. Not to mention my JMP-1 is going to Billy {censored}in Gibbons!!!!
:love:

That alone is worth the eBay fee LOL

When I maxed on the gain on the clean channel first thing I said was this sounds like zz top hahah

• Members

Like the mesa studio:idea:

Yeah I thought about that and frankly I am still considering getting one. That would solve my problem with the programming. What's holding me back is that I would need an even bigger rack to fit the Mesa Studio the 295 and a fx-processor and I don't know if I want to deal with that. I would also need to get a fx-processor like the g-major with relays to switch the channels. So I'd be looking at:

Mesa Studio - about $400

G-Major - about $200 used

8-space rack - about $100 used.

So another $700 to invest in this rack. Not sure if I want to do that.

• Members

So let me get this straight,

You sold the MP-1 and got the JMP-1 now sold the JMP-1 and have an MP-1 again? Or you never sold the MP-1 in the first place?

Sell it all, get a MK III again and be done with it...............

yeah that's what I really should do.

as far as the preamps go, I traded the MP-1 and a multifx unit for the JMP-1. Then I had the chance to buy the MP-1 back so I kept both preamps to see which one I liked the best. Ended up deciding I like the MP1 better so the JMP-1 went to eBay and was purchased by Billy {censored}ING Gibbons :love:

• Members
yeah say what you want about ebay but it's still the best place to sell gear. Not to mention my JMP-1 is going to Billy {censored}in Gibbons!!!!
:love:

That alone is worth the eBay fee LOL

It's good enough for Billy Gibbon's but it wasn't good enough for you?:confused:

I know. I understand.:thu:

• Members

How do you know it was Billy Gibbons that bought it? Just curious.

I heard ZZ Top on Crossroads with Brooks and Dunn. His guitar tone sucked bad. Super fizzy and muddy with no balls and no definition. Too bad because I've always liked their music.

Archived