I'm done with my rack. DONE!! :mad:

guitarbilly74

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

get a peavey rockmaster preamp

I was actually thinking this for Billy. I'm the same way, I've had different incarnations of the rack/modeling thing for a long time now, currently a GSP1101, I do find myself tweaking it once in a while, and honestly, I hover around the '77 Marshall master volume model for most of my tones anyway, so, I've often thought of just simplifying too.

• Members

:lol:
lol, here we go again
:snax:

I deleted my post because there's a few things I did wrong there. My bad.

However..... I think...no...I KNOW...there are things you can do to prepare for a live gig. Some things can be done in practice...and other things can ONLY be done live. But these things can be addressed....if you know you're gear and you know what you need to hear live.

• Members

Speak for your own map. :poke:

Indeed.

As I said.....Would love a MK IV.....Roadking, Triamp/Trilogy, Steve Morse,....they all have my attention.

But you still can't do 5 sounds with the effects at the press of one button. Need An expensive switching system and rack... or cheap RP 1000/other.

RP has a great amp interface.

• Members

I deleted my post because there's a few things I did wrong there. My bad.

However..... I think...no...I KNOW...there are things you can do to prepare for a live gig. Some things can be done in practice...and other things can ONLY be done live. But these things can be addressed....if you know you're gear and you know what you need to hear live.

Awesome. See what you did there? Rephrased what you wanted to say so you didn't sound like such a condescending ass? Do that more often. :thu:

Subtitle: I am not disappoint.

• Members
Indeed.

As I said.....Would love a MK IV.....Roadking, Triamp/Trilogy, Steve Morse,....they all have my attention.

But you still can't do 5 sounds with the effects at the press of one button. Need An expensive switching system and rack... or cheap RP 1000/other.

RP has a great amp interface.

Been there, done that. ADA MP2, Marshall Dual Monoblock, Alesis & TC Electronics rack user for years.

It's all subjective, of course, but give me a head, cab and pedals any day, ALL day. :thu:

I can get at least 6 great sounds out of my head with the click of one button, btw, and clicking just one more gives me access to most of the effects I prefer to use. :cop:

• Members

I'm just frustrated with the endless programming and tweaking lol

Wow, I find there's more tweaking involved with a head setup, because every time the sound needs to be changed the knobs require manual setting, and then the ears always feel different about the sound each time and endless tweaking ensues. With a rack, I just hit the handful of presets I have and my minds overwrites my ears in knowing that it's dead-on with what it was last time.

• Members

Look into a basic preamp, or if you're going for a head, just ditch the preamps and power amps you have, buy the amp you want, along with a switcher for all your effects units.

I've been eying the Recto Preamps for a while, but not sure if thats the tones you're going for. Look into options, Soldano makes preamps as well, there's a ton of Mesas, I think Peavey made a few, also ENGL, check your options, and find the one that works best for you!

• Members

I'm just frustrated with the endless programming and tweaking lol

Just get a head and a nice floor stomp to run in the loop.

The only people I know who stick with racks are touring pros and bedroom wankers.

Archived