WHo are some metal guitarists who play Strats?

MuyLoCo444

• Members

I'm trying to convince myself to keep my Strat, even though I play more metal now. Stuck a JB Jr in the bridge the other day and the Duncan picks up everything! I know Kirk Hammett and Ritchie Sambora played Strats at some point, but who are some others?

• Members

The guys from maiden and preist, if your talking real strats.

If your talking superstrats, just about every metal guitarist in the 80's at some point....

Isn't Adrian Smiths strat a Jackson? Or are you talking about the style?

• Members

Isn't Adrian Smiths strat a Jackson? Or are you talking about the style?

It is but its based on his fender.

Not really metal but a lot of punk and grunge[sick] bands use strats. I used a strat in my punk band and we hit a few metal riffs now and again.

Strats can do metal and with a mini Jb in the bridge no problem, well mind does.

• Members

Yep, an old LP Deluxe a lot, but occasionally you'd catch him with a Strat.

hmm, i have never seen him use Strats early on, may be mistaken though. It was the Goldtop Les Paul, Ibanez Destroyers and Gibson Explorers. Later on he used Deans, Lados and Jacksons. As far as i know he didn't start using Fenders until he rejoined Maiden

• Members

One of the guys from Dark Tranquillity played a strat back in the day... not sure if he still does. The early albums have pictures of them playing a strat. Single coils and all.

I believe Niklas played a Heartfield Talon (made by Fender) and the old second guitarist played a Charvel.

• Members

hmm, i have never seen him use Strats early on, may be mistaken though. It was the Goldtop Les Paul, Ibanez Destroyers and Gibson Explorers. Later on he used Deans, Lados and Jacksons. As far as i know he didn't start using Fenders until he rejoined Maiden

Yes, but now he plays his Jackson (essentially a Fender super-Strat with a Jackson logo - owned by Fender - on the Strat headstock) almost exclusively, with an occaisional SG sighting being the only exception.

Mikael Akerfeldt is also a Strat-lover who actually uses them quite a bit in the studio.

Archived