PETITION - Keep Legacy 1.0 open

Engl Kramer

• Members

Wow... just WOW.

I'd embrace change for the BETTER, but anyone confusing the slower, more cumbersome, headache-inducing, counter-intuitive interface that is 2.0 for any sort of improvement (and remember, you've already contradicted yourself as to whether it was an improvement or not) is simply swallowing a line of arrogant bull{censored} perpetrated by the corporate side of HC like a blind, sycophantic lemming who lacks either the desire or ability to think for himself.

This is all that was left after the first switch, and it's all that will be left after the second. Considering that the ultimate goal for the switch has nothing to do with anything other than improved marketing opportunities for advertisers, and the net result is DRASTICALLY less potential marketing traffic, how can you honestly sit there and say with a straight face that this is a "change" for anything but the worse?

Because you might not be here to chant your little socio-political diatribe.

Have you taken a look around the internet?

It's nothing but commercials and advertisements trying to get you to buy {censored}.

Wanna search google? Check the adds on the right pane.

Wanna whack your ding dong? Holy {censored} is that a lot of adds.

Wanna watch some tv on hulu? Every ten minutes.

If you want news, information, advice, or just a picture of Mr. Crabs, you are going to be bombarded by advertising.

That is the purpose of the internet.

You just have to sift through it and find what you need without getting robbed.

No matter what it's not your decision, or mine, how Musician's Friend will conduct their business. I'm sure their motives are geared towards business but that should be assumed...they are conducting business.

I'm not catering to the business, since I really don't give a {censored}. They'll switch it again, or they won't. It won't effect my life either way.

Why are your panties twisted? Couldn't find the quote button?

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You're almost getting the point, E/K. It's not about signatures; it's about you pissing up a rope. If you had taken the time to read all the information the admin folks have posted regarding the situation, you'd know that.

The best that you can do is to enjoy this format while it's provided for you, and when the big switch comes you can go along or you can go somewhere else. The bottom line is that HC/GC doesn't really give a {censored} how many petition threads you start in the meantime, and I for one am getting tired of hearing everyone bitch.

You don't mind giving UncleJam a little slam, but have you taken the time to realize that he's done what you're not quite driven enough to do? He's started his own forum rather than spend his time complaining about this one, and I'm willing to bet he gets a lot more respect from those in the know around here than a guy who just wants to complain.

Think about it. You are accomplishing nothing on H/C with your petition, no matter how many people agree with you.

:wave:

So far you win the prize for missing the point.
I am trying to help save the community that exists on Legacy (albeit smaller than before the split).
It means a lot to me and many of the people who post here.
How is starting other forums going to help that?

Please try to read and digest what I write before bashing it.

This is the most reactionary place I've ever been to on the net by far.

• Members

I am trying to help save the community that exists on Legacy (albeit smaller than before the split).

Community, here on HC Legacy? HC is not a "community". It is a city, and like any city, it is made up of a plethora of communities, each with a vernacular of its very own.

My forum, as well as a few others, predate the HC fiasco by years. They are spinoffs of some of the communities here at HC. Each was an effort to save a community existing here at HC, at a time when the forums were blacked out, almost as often as they were at full power.

You've missed the point. The city is going to die, and there is little you, myself, or anyone else can do to stop it. HC's incompetent attempt at moving the city gave us a respite. The feedback forum at HC 2.0 more than adequately represents the wish to keep the legacy forum. Further attempts here are futile. Starting another forum is one of the few options left to anyone wishing to save their community, anywhere outside of HC 2.0 Another would be to find another forum that more closely satisfies one's expectations of what a community should resemble. Of course, if you wish, keep at it, but be forewarned, no one ever put out a forest fire by pissing on it.

• Members

E/K, who has to tell you that, no matter how much you want HC 2.0 not to happen, it's still going to happen before you believe it? There's nothing you can do to stop it! Nobody's arguing how much we all like it here.

It's going to help because only by being proactive and actually creating your vision of the "perfect forum" will it ever happen. It's been done by several and it's working.

I've actually been pretty nice about not bashing you. You think I'm bashing you because I'm not agreeing with you and I'm trying to point out why. Your passion exceeds practicality and you don't want to hear it, so you react poorly to anyone with an opposing viewpoint. It's not uncommon.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

:)

:wave:

• Members

That is funny, since I am a well-known liberal pinko-commie, Obama-loving, tree-hugger, which you would know if you had ever posted here before a few days ago, and I seem to do OK here! :thu:

• Members

IamBurnout...just cut it out man. Sheik has a valid point about this sites users and the traffic. I work in the industry that brings you internet, and no, things will not always be the same, but pulling it off like facebook is essential, slowly PROGRESS the look of your site...they could have done just but instead opted for a glitchy format that works best in GPON neighborhoods, not with the ADSL bunch like the rest of us.

Bottom line, offering two options is a good thing. Which is why I'm here playing the good cop...though having read your arguement with the Sheik, and brother, it's like watching a one armed man fighting a man with a bat...and lets just say you're not playing the part of Mark MacGuire, {censored}wad.

-Curtis

• Members
Come on dudes, please sign the petition, also supplying, your social security number, driver's license number, place of birth, date of birth, and bank account numbers (so that I may verify the authenticity of said petition
:thu:
). . .

Forgot: sexual orientation

• Members

Community, here on HC Legacy? HC is not a "community". It is a city, and like any city, it is made up of a plethora of communities, each with a vernacular of its very own.

My forum, as well as a few others, predate the HC fiasco by years. They are spinoffs of some of the communities here at HC. Each was an effort to save a community existing here at HC, at a time when the forums were blacked out, almost as often as they were at full power.

You've missed the point. The city is going to die, and there is little you, myself, or anyone else can do to stop it. HC's incompetent attempt at moving the city gave us a respite. The feedback forum at HC 2.0 more than adequately represents the wish to keep the legacy forum. Further attempts here are futile. Starting another forum is one of the few options left to anyone wishing to save their community, anywhere outside of HC 2.0 Another would be to find another forum that more closely satisfies one's expectations of what a community should resemble. Of course, if you wish, keep at it, but be forewarned, no one ever put out a forest fire by pissing on it.

hmmmm, stickin' your nose in a thread that didn't apply to you. Seems like I've heard about that before. And as for your "MY FORUM" ...... a great little place as long as you agree with your bull{censored} completely, never step out of "your" unprinted rules, and you don't have an admin.that holds a {censored}ing grudge for five years against you ....... for reasons he made up. Yeah, great forum. {censored} YOU, UJ. You are a prick.

Archived