THE "What's for Dinner?" Thread! (Mods? Sticky? Please???)

LoopQuantum

• Members

I have been meaning to post on this for ages. Got a few!!

Tonights dinner, home made burgers. Mince was 50/50 Dry aged sirloin and chuck steak. The buns were the Heston Blumintal recipe (very very good) with thousand island dressing, american cheese and quick fried chips.

2cdu33d.jpg

Breakfast this morning (ok fat {censored} day today) Mc Muffins home made style with poached egg, {censored} bacon and american cheese.

107068n.jpg

24 hour roast sirloin, Medium rare!! Found it hard to cut it was so {censored}ing tender.

t8x947.jpg

Pork and peas with hollandaise

i69udx.jpg

Winter lasagna (brown the mince first for winter)

pq7b6.jpg

Are dinners you have had in restaurants included? Ive had some stunners recently!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks mang. I'm sure my misses is marrying me for that very reason! We have fresh home cooked food every day. I bake bread every night and never use any but fresh ingredients. I even make my own stocks. It's fcking hard work as I also run a business on top of that but very worth it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ke2

View Post

Yep, Chris!

That looks downright amazing! Do you have sous vide equipment? I'm thinking of the 24 hour sirloin. Which looked nothing but fantastic! biggrin.gif

I don't at the moment but have used in the past. The 24 hour sirloin has been trial and error to be honest. You really do need a good thermometer as no oven is actuate with temps. Plus they fluctuate temps so you have to keep your eye on it.

I sear the meat off first to get the caramelisation going as you get almost none roasting at such low temp. Then I roast at 59deg uncovered. This temp is for rare but always comes out medium rare. Half way through cooking I put the thermomiter in the middle of the meat and make sure it's not going over 59deg. Doing it for 12 hours produces good results but 24 is amazing. I wanted to try hestons 48 hour roast beef in his restaurant in London but they had just ran out!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.novak

View Post

I have been meaning to post on this for ages. Got a few!!

Tonights dinner, home made burgers. Mince was 50/50 Dry aged sirloin and chuck steak. The buns were the Heston Blumintal recipe (very very good) with thousand island dressing, american cheese and quick fried chips.

2cdu33d.jpg

Breakfast this morning (ok fat {censored} day today) Mc Muffins home made style with poached egg, {censored} bacon and american cheese.

107068n.jpg

24 hour roast sirloin, Medium rare!! Found it hard to cut it was so {censored}ing tender.

t8x947.jpg

Pork and peas with hollandaise

i69udx.jpg

Winter lasagna (brown the mince first for winter)

pq7b6.jpg

Are dinners you have had in restaurants included? Ive had some stunners recently!

Thats enough calories a normal person eats in a week eek.gif

• Members

Epic mealtimes were had the past two nights. Only time I cook like this anymore is if I'm entertaining...had a get together Sunday night where I made these beauties:

dinner21912.jpg

Spinach and bacon quiche love.gif

And last night we had our neighbor over for dinner, and I seasoned some filets with salt pepper minced garlic olive oil and rosemary. Cooked in bacon drippings and cabernet, which I made a gravy out of and sauteed mushrooms for it. Had a little bacon fat and cabernet left for the spinach and mushroom, and baked some yellow squash with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, and oregano.

dinner22012.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

planned for this week:

lasagna (tonight. success)

chimichangas

steakhouse pizza (sounds awesome, but gf got the recipe, so i havent looked into exactly what it is yet. it better involve some mother{censored}ing steak)

buffalo chicken spring rolls

calzones

Archived