THE "What's for Dinner?" Thread! (Mods? Sticky? Please???)

LoopQuantum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

check this, easy, cheap and quick, good for parties.

but i had it for dinner last night redface.gif

egg roll wrappers

chicken breast

buffalo sauce of choice

bleu cheese

celery if youre ghey

boil chcicken til done, throw it in mixer for a few secs = pulled chicken

stir in buffalo suace = pulled buffalo chicken

place dollop on bottom right corner of eggroll wrapper, top with bleu cheese, maybe some ghey {censored} if you ghey...roll that bitch up.. wet finger with water and push to seal.

fry (or bake if you tryin to keep you fitness right, son).

buffalo chicken eggrolls. dip that {censored} in some ranch or bleu cheese, maybe even more buffalo sauce if you a baller.

• Members

also the other night:

steakhouse pizza=

pizza dough (get dough ball form local pizza joint and hand toss that {censored}. HEB (represnt!) also has some garlic naan bread in pizza shapes that works killer in a pinch)

flank steak

fresh mozz

other assorted delicious cheese

red ERRNIONs

bbq sauce/pizza sauce/steak sauce

slice red onions, throw em in a pan with some butter and get your top chef simmer on.

when those hoes are candy, set aside. great time to let the bitches in, because your kitchen smells boss right now, homie.

let the flank steak get sloppy seconds in that pan.

spoon sauce of choice on pizza crust. i used 2 parts bbq, 1 part steak sauce. do what you want.

dollops of mozz 1-2" appart. dont make the mistake of loading up on the mozz, kid. youll hotbox your kitchen and have to find a stool to reach the smoke detector cuz you a lil bitch.

sing an italian pizza making song

sip that box wine

throw steak and errnions on

top with special cheese blend. get fancy if you have a chick over, or just get the bag mix if youre wearing sweatpants

torch that bitch til the cheese gets brown spots

burn your tongue and roof of your mouth. hard.

wallow in ecstacy.

• Members

I made mapo tofu tonight.

Often called grandma tofu in mainland China.

Flavors are chilli bean paste, Shao Hsing wine, szechuan pepper (which I love) and the usual garlic, ginger etc.

Since I often enjoy green beans with pork mince, and mapo tofu is tofu with pork mince, I decided to combine the two with noodles to make it a full meal.

It was delicious.

mapo.tofu-1.jpg

mapo.tofu-2.jpg

mapo.tofu-3.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by futurism

View Post

I made mapo tofu tonight.

Often called grandma tofu in mainland China.

Flavors are chilli bean paste, Shao Hsing wine, szechuan pepper (which I love) and the usual garlic, ginger etc.

Since I often enjoy green beans with pork mince, and mapo tofu is tofu with pork mince, I decided to combine the two with noodles to make it a full meal.

It was delicious.

mapo.tofu-1.jpg

mapo.tofu-2.jpg

mapo.tofu-3.jpg

love.gif

• Members

You've got STYYYLE my friend! thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

check this, easy, cheap and quick, good for parties.

but i had it for dinner last night redface.gif

egg roll wrappers

chicken breast

buffalo sauce of choice

bleu cheese

celery if youre ghey

boil chcicken til done, throw it in mixer for a few secs = pulled chicken

stir in buffalo suace = pulled buffalo chicken

place dollop on bottom right corner of eggroll wrapper, top with bleu cheese, maybe some ghey {censored} if you ghey...roll that bitch up.. wet finger with water and push to seal.

fry (or bake if you tryin to keep you fitness right, son).

buffalo chicken eggrolls. dip that {censored} in some ranch or bleu cheese, maybe even more buffalo sauce if you a baller.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ahole

View Post

Speak a little of the detail here.....

Zuchinni ( shredded on a box grater, salted and then squeezed like a mofo using cheesecloth ) + egg + scallion and a little bit of seasoned flower ) fried in a cast iron pan until brown. Finished in the oven ( as to not overcook the outside but make sure the innards are set ... and served with home-made Tatziki ( greek cucumber/yogurt/dill ) sauce.

In the spring whenever Zuchinni goes on sale I go nuts making these. Crispy ... herby ... yummy

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chirpy_72

View Post

Zuchinni ( shredded on a box grater, salted and then squeezed like a mofo using cheesecloth ) + egg + scallion and a little bit of seasoned flower ) fried in a cast iron pan until brown. Finished in the oven ( as to not overcook the outside but make sure the innards are set ... and served with home-made Tatziki ( greek cucumber/yogurt/dill ) sauce.

In the spring whenever Zuchinni goes on sale I go nuts making these. Crispy ... herby ... yummy

sounds amazing. love.gif

I made pizza a couple of days ago but way too lazy to post pics right now. It was nothing out of the ordinary, bacon and pepperoni. Find me on facebook, pics are there icon_lol.gif

• Members

Made loose meat sliders for dinner.....80% ground, mix in onion soup mix and some worcestershire in, drain and add some mayo and shredded cheddar, cut rolls and place mixture on, replace tops and bake in oven for 20 mins.....tasted alot like white castle burgers. love.gif

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Made loose meat sliders for dinner.....80% ground, mix in onion soup mix and some worcestershire in, drain and add some mayo and shredded cheddar, cut rolls and place mixture on, replace tops and bake in oven for 20 mins.....tasted alot like white castle burgers. love.gif

IMG_0259.jpg

Ohhh yeahhhhhh !

Looks great !

• Members

Ive got this ideal situation right now.. Some friends moved in next-door, and shes a very good cook. Me & her split dinners, me one night, her another. Between us we keep some decent vittles going.

I need to start posting pix, but its usually the last thing on my mind.... love.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Members

{censored}, what the {censored}?!?!? It's been over a month since anyone's posted in this thread?!?!?

I did a Chili Colorado this week that turned out awesome & spicy.

New Mexico chili's...prior to rehydrating:

photo15.jpg

Lot's of beef to cube:

photo18.jpg

Once those peppers were soft, I food-processed them, strained out the seed/skins....browned the meat, sweated the onions, added the sauce, jalapenos, garlic and a some habaneros. Let that {censored} simmer for nearly 4 hours. This was the result:

photo17.jpg

Made some big ol' burritos with fresh guac, spanish rice, pico de gallo, sour cream and cheese. Awesome.

• Members

Damn, thread fell HARD.

Some recent stuff from me:

Fried Bluegill with Sriracha mayo:

576719_4173348058528_1790350688_n.jpg

Seared Tuna:

165901_4126683731949_1185830431_n.jpg

Kebabs, chorizo stuffed pasillo chiles, and brie/cremini puff pastry:

182312_4125815070233_1560682651_n.jpg

Spicy tuna rolls:

553560_4125803189936_1304215872_n.jpg

Fontina/prosciutto/arugula/basil oil flatbread:

487310_4125797909804_1979850756_n.jpg

Baked nachos... I made the chips too. Meat is venison:

522376_4047034420766_1230300808_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Been awhile since I posted stuff....we need to keep this rolling in Loop's absence.

Tonight was fish tacos. Grilled some cod, added a pesto made from jalapeno/cilantro/pine-nut/garlic/olive oil, cabbage, guac and fresh pico de gallo.

photo19.jpg

Here's a mushroom risotto I did recently....not a huge mushroom fan but this turned out awesome:

295263_3825930359552_1564420208_n2.jpg

Linguine Carbonara. Broke out the pasta maker and made some fresh pasta, dropped it into some pancetta fried in olive oil. Took it off the heat and whipped in a couple raw eggs and parmesan:

photo21.jpg

And then a good old fashioned stir fry. Chicken marinated in soy, teriyaki, sugar, green onion, ginger, garlic and a little vinegar. Red/green peppers and onions and peanuts:

photo20.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived