THE "What's for Dinner?" Thread! (Mods? Sticky? Please???)

LoopQuantum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

View Post

Food. Post about food. Just goddamn food.

YEAH BUDDY!

First post- I just put this in the fitness thread, but I'm gonna post it here to get things back on track. thumb.gif

These are my lunches for the next 2 days. Cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder salt and pepper for my chicken. Carrots have dill in the steamed water.

My Rice:

photo1-1.jpg

My Carrots:

photo2.jpg

My Chicken:

photo-2.jpg

Chicken Cooked:

photo3.jpg

In my little lunch trays:

photo4.jpg

love.gif

• Members

Samich that happened today...

Good Vons Bakery french bread, cut in half & browned in the iron skillet with butter & garlic.

Thin cut ham browned up a little in the skillet, cheese melted upon the heap.

Then tomatoes, avocado, seasalt.

Another time I added an egg over easy. Seriously.. I dont compliment my OWN cooking much, but it was.. very.. good.

IMG_20111221_125526.jpg

• Members

i should have been posting in this thread forever, but somehow never opened it. i may not be as committed as lewp, but have been trying to raise the bar in my kitchen with the ms for a while. so far we have about a 95% sucess rate.

tonight was mongolian BBQ beef. was delicious.

last night was grilled sweet chili salmon with lime and cilantro, pintos.

christmas was a beef rib roast, which at the time wasn't the best. cut was really fatty and sort of tough.

but sandwhiches on asiago bread with mozzarella with au jous? {censored}ing brilliant.

appetizers on xmas were cold cilantro lime avacado shrimp skewers, asiago crustinis with honey-drizzled goat cheese rounds.

we always take pics, but i dont have them on hand.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rizza

View Post

I'm making french toast! love.giflove.gif No pics because I don't have my camera.

Ahh.. I've got a great love for french toast. GREAT Bread is key Imo, but your Toppings are your immagination, and are unlimmited.

The special french toast: chedar & bacon melted on top, with a good maple syrup... oh man.. what could beat that!?

Another favorite is cream cheese & your favorite preserve Or jam.

love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

your bread. i want it.

Ah yeah, dude I'm tellin ya, bread is key in your "bread" recipes, & I find my best to be that heavy, simple reallly good stuff from the bakery at the bakery at the grocery store since I don't make my own... love.gif

Look forward to seeing some of yor future posts!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd

View Post

How hard is this to make?

Not. Can easily be done in less than 30 min.

The curry is just shrimp, red/yellow peppers and eggplant cooked in coconut milk with a package of green curry paste, served on top of rice with some sprigs of basil.

The wraps are basil leaves, carrot, cucumber and rice noodles rolled up in rice paper.

• Members

2nd attempt with my christmas smoker .....

Bacon-wrapped venison - smoked for about 3.5 hours. venison had a 24hour marinade first. light apple smoke used.

venison is very lean so it was firm, but tender. bacon really held it together well.

iphone pic is yellow heavy - maybe florescents caused it.

smokedvenison.jpg

side was oven-roasted cubed sweet potato with a savory seasoning.

chowski. mmmmmmmmmmm.....

Archived