ZZounds.com - NEVER AGAIN!!

doomsdaymachine

• Members

They've managed to screw up my order this week, and cause SERIOUS problems...

I ordered a Dean Soltero on closeout, Monday, for $369 - HELL of a deal. They were $650 last year..I added 2 3-packs of D'Addarios.

Tuesday, they bill my card, yet everything shows "backordered". Wednesday, I pick up the phone, and ask what the story is..Well, 3 calls later, it's shipping today, (Wednesday), and I'll receive tracking information today. Today rolls around, nothing... I call, nothing. I wait, call again, and now I'm told they had a cluster fuck of some sorts, and they will ship it today. At this point, I'm livid, and get a manager on the phone. He said they'd upgrade to 2nd day air, will ship today, and he'll PERSONALLY make sure I get a tracking number this evening...

I get home from work, do some online banking to pay some bills, and much to my dismay, I'm -$18 IN THE HOLE in my checking account, because ZZounds billed me AGAIN, for $134, for a 500' spool of 20-gauge speaker cable, THAT I NEVER ORDERED! Back on the phone, get the same manager, (we're on a first name basis at this point), and I'm REALLY pissed at this point. He had absolutely NO CLUE why they billed, & shipped $134 worth of cable, and will work on getting it resolved. He agreed to pay any overdraft fees I may incur, and refund my card ASAP, when he's able to locate the stupid fucking roll of speaker cable I never ordered..

I will NEVER order from these people again. EVER. He offered me 15% off on my next order, and apologized profusely - but, I'm at a loss for words. This company could fall in a barrell of titties, and come out sucking their thumbs. :mad:

• Members

...Well, 3 calls later, it's shipping today, (Wednesday), and I'll receive tracking information today. Today rolls around, nothing...

Uh, today is Thursday :confused:

This company could fall in a barrell of titties, and come out sucking their thumbs.
:mad:

:lol:

At least it sounds like they're willing to make things right again, could be worse.

• Members

Uh, today is Thursday
:confused:

:lol:

At least it sounds like they're willing to make things right again, could be worse.

They told me Wednesday, it was shipping that day. All they've done to make it right, has only made it worse. I should have known better - I tried to order a Laney TT50 head they were blowing out at one time. Took them 4 days, after billing my card, to tell me they had none in stock. Same shit - nobody knew anything, monkey's fucking a football-kinda thing.

• Members

ZZsounds and AMS are okay...

I've only ordered one thing from ZZ and it went fine...

AMS has been dropping the ball on the price matching thing recently and not doing a few things they've told me they would do...

But they're extremely close to me and I get everything I order the next day if I pay by 2PM...

In general...any company that has internet based ordering will have {censored}-ups at some point...they happen less frequently (I assume) to the smaller online retailers because they also have less volume to deal with...but computers will eventually {censored} something up and most of the people that work at these joints actually want to help (unlike the majority at MF/GC/WWB)...but they still aren't necessarily experts in any particular field...they're just friendly and give a {censored}...

I know the guys at Sweetwater are pretty knowledgable and I've heard nothing but good things...will probably throw some business their way soon...

Sorry to hear about your experience...

• Members

They've managed to screw up my order this week, and cause SERIOUS problems...

I ordered a Dean Soltero on closeout, Monday, for $369 - HELL of a deal. They were $650 last year..I added 2 3-packs of D'Addarios.

Tuesday, they bill my card, yet everything shows "backordered". Wednesday, I pick up the phone, and ask what the story is..Well, 3 calls later, it's shipping today, (Wednesday), and I'll receive tracking information today. Today rolls around, nothing... I call, nothing. I wait, call again, and now I'm told they had a cluster fuck of some sorts, and they will ship it today. At this point, I'm livid, and get a manager on the phone. He said they'd upgrade to 2nd day air, will ship today, and he'll PERSONALLY make sure I get a tracking number this evening...

I get home from work, do some online banking to pay some bills, and much to my dismay, I'm -$18 IN THE HOLE in my checking account, because ZZounds billed me AGAIN, for $134, for a 500' spool of 20-gauge speaker cable, THAT I NEVER ORDERED! Back on the phone, get the same manager, (we're on a first name basis at this point), and I'm REALLY pissed at this point. He had absolutely NO CLUE why they billed, & shipped $134 worth of cable, and will work on getting it resolved. He agreed to pay any overdraft fees I may incur, and refund my card ASAP, when he's able to locate the stupid fucking roll of speaker cable I never ordered..

I will NEVER order from these people again. EVER. He offered me 15% off on my next order, and apologized profusely - but, I'm at a loss for words. This company could fall in a barrell of titties, and come out sucking their thumbs.
:mad:

Sorry to read of your woes. Honestly? This is the kind of shit I used to deal with when I'd order from Musicians Fiend [sic] I mean like, nearly to the book.

Sweetwater FTW :thu:

• Members

Why were you buying a Dean in the first place? Doesn't even seem worth it with all the {censored} they put you through, and the 15% should be off THIS order! If they want to try and keep a customer that is.

Anyways, hope it works out for you, and they should refund the spool of speaker wire regardless of if they find it, you get it in the mail and keep it or wtfever happens.

And just for the record: Who isn't MF with a different name?

EDIT: DEFINITELY throw business Sweetwaters way. If I didn't get the Sig:X, I would've got a Mark V from them, and not only are Sweetwater knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful, but the "sales representative" or wtfever I talked to was a big MesaBoogie fan, which led me to believe that their reps specialize in certain brands. Dunno how truthful that is across the board, but it was with the person I chatted with.

• Members

OP- I empathize with you. For real.

Manager you are on 1st name basis with- I feel for him.

ZZounds..................PHUCK 'em.

I say this because I used to work in financial services for a huge company, and when {censored} went wrong that had absolutely nothing to do with me or even my manager, the customer would (rightly so, I might add) be enraged at me and poop all over my face.

I no longer work at that {censored} job. If I make a mistake, that's on me. But I couldn't deal with apologizing on a daily basis for mistakes and corporate phuckups that I had nothing at all to do with.

Sometimes companies get so big and bloated (kinda reminds one of government) that one end doesn't know what the other is doing. And then the poor saps on the phone have to apologize and take getting screamed at by unsatisfied (rightly so, in most cases) customers.

Welkommen to da zentury 2010 sir.

• Members

At the warehouse level, they have a bunch of cavemen working there.

I ordered a guitar case, but sent it back because it was damaged. The 2nd they sent was even more smashed up than the 1st.

{censored} them.

It's a mega corporate world. Customer loyalty to any buisness is retarded. It's all about who has the best price and in stock inventory.

• Members

I buy most high-dollar items from them... the 4 payment plan is hard to beat! They have yet to screw anything up and I've bought from them around 20 times.

{censored}-ups happen. I work in retail, I'm a manager, I apologize for other peoples {censored}-ups, and my own, a lot. It happens.

Sounds like it's going to get taken care of.

Sweetwater has, by far, the best customer service but I can't always afford things without a payment plan. I refuse to go into long term debt over gear. Therefore I use American Musical or ZZsounds most of the time. 3-5 payments, no interest ftw

• Members

Sorry to hear that man. Like Billy said, at least it sounds like they've been trying to fix the issue.

I've only had two problems with MF that they fixed right away, otherwise they've been really great, as well as Sam Ash and Music123's online sites.

Been tempted to buy what ZZ had in their clearance section for years...

• Members

sucks, but atleast the manager is trying. What are ya gonna do, people {censored} up, computers {censored} up, the guy is trying to make it right, no big deal. Are you going to die if you don't get your precious dean the next day? No. Lay off the guy

• Members

You damn sure might not get the service you want if your real {censored}ty with'em.

You should of asked for 20% (if cool bout it)

They can credit the account as fast as they billed it.

Your bank will probably waive any fees.

I know it's a pain in the ass (i'm sure) but atleast they are trying to fix it right. I was nice about a arrivel date that keeped changing on a item with MF and the lady sraight up told me this

"it's in a container trailor on our lot from China and when it hits the dock and unloaded it will get shipped. to be honest management round here is clueless"

• Members

Same thing happened to me with Dell around christmas time. I ordered a TV, they billed me. I cancelled the order (because I found a better deal and after I placed the Dell order, they said it wouldn't ship for 3 weeks), they refunded my money.

I went out and bought a different TV.

Two days later, I get an email saying my TV has shipped from Dell. The one I cancelled.

They hit my card again.

Bam. Negative $300 in the bank.

"Oh I'm sorry sir, we can't possibly refund any of your money until we receive the TV back. You should have it in two to three business days and then we can provide you with a return label"

Umm....so how am I supposed to buy food and gas to get to work while you "figure this out"?

Cocksuckers, the lot of them.

Archived