ZZounds.com - NEVER AGAIN!!

doomsdaymachine

• Members

They've managed to screw up my order this week, and cause SERIOUS problems...

I ordered a Dean Soltero on closeout, Monday, for $369 - HELL of a deal. They were $650 last year..I added 2 3-packs of D'Addarios.

Tuesday, they bill my card, yet everything shows "backordered". Wednesday, I pick up the phone, and ask what the story is..Well, 3 calls later, it's shipping today, (Wednesday), and I'll receive tracking information today. Today rolls around, nothing... I call, nothing. I wait, call again, and now I'm told they had a cluster fuck of some sorts, and they will ship it today. At this point, I'm livid, and get a manager on the phone. He said they'd upgrade to 2nd day air, will ship today, and he'll PERSONALLY make sure I get a tracking number this evening...

I get home from work, do some online banking to pay some bills, and much to my dismay, I'm -$18 IN THE HOLE in my checking account, because ZZounds billed me AGAIN, for $134, for a 500' spool of 20-gauge speaker cable, THAT I NEVER ORDERED! Back on the phone, get the same manager, (we're on a first name basis at this point), and I'm REALLY pissed at this point. He had absolutely NO CLUE why they billed, & shipped $134 worth of cable, and will work on getting it resolved. He agreed to pay any overdraft fees I may incur, and refund my card ASAP, when he's able to locate the stupid fucking roll of speaker cable I never ordered..

I will NEVER order from these people again. EVER. He offered me 15% off on my next order, and apologized profusely - but, I'm at a loss for words. This company could fall in a barrell of titties, and come out sucking their thumbs.
:mad:

All I can say is "chill dude!" I've done lots of business with zZounds and they've always come through. It sounds like they are going out of their way to make it right. If not, you'd have a case to be pissed but I don't see it here. Shit happens.

• Members

All I can say is "chill dude!" I've done lots of business with zZounds and they've always come through. It sounds like they are going out of their way to make it right. If not, you'd have a case to be pissed but I don't see it here. {censored} happens.

Chill? Their mistake forced a negative balance, (and $35 overdraft charge), they billed me for stuff I didn't order, and I should be fine with all that? Then, as of today, guess what - the guitar STILL didn't ship (was ASSURED it would ship Thursday).! It did today, however, 2nd day air, ath their expense.

FWIW, I've been very cordial with the manager, giving him every opportunity to make it right, (and even watched my language). He's been a champ about it. Guess what? They billed my card a 3rd time today. I should chill, and be happy?

• Members

oops.
:facepalm:

We have TS9s. I'm not sure why they're not on the site. My mistake.

Not on the site, because you DON'T have them. Atleast, that's what my "Sweetwater Senior Sales Engineer" told me...

I know your service is great and all, but you don't carry ALOT of stuff. I do like that I could buy an OCD on 3-payments, but you also charge $10.95 for a "handling fee" on your 3-pay orders. AMS charges $3.95, as does ZZounds. $10.95 is kinda steep.

In addition, your fly-by-night free shipping takes a week. Fed Ex has the package a few days, then they dump it off at the post office, then I gotta wait for the postman to bring it..Unless I pay for expedited shipping, it's a week. From you in Indiana to Florida, it takes 5 days. I get in 3, (sometimes 2), from New Jersey, (AMS).

• Members

Not on the site, because you DON'T have them. Atleast, that's what my "Sweetwater Senior Sales Engineer" told me...

I know your service is great and all, but you don't carry ALOT of stuff. I do like that I could buy an OCD on 3-payments, but you also charge $10.95 for a "handling fee" on your 3-pay orders. AMS charges $3.95, as does ZZounds. $10.95 is kinda steep.

In addition, your fly-by-night free shipping takes a week. Fed Ex has the package a few days, then they dump it off at the post office, then I gotta wait for the postman to bring it..Unless I pay for expedited shipping, it's a week. From you in Indiana to Florida, it takes 5 days. I get in 3, (sometimes 2), from New Jersey, (AMS).

Sorry if it was a bad experience, Doug. There are ways around these issues in most cases, and I and others here are empowered to make that happen for you.

This isn't a Sweetwater thread, so I'll politely duck out now, but if you have any questions, or would like a hookup, PM me whenever. :thu:

EDIT: I also see that we now order the TS9s case by case. Forgive me if I miscommunicated. I also just checked lead time, and we get them quickly. As in, 2-3 days. I can see where the confusion came from now. There are LOTS of things we sell, or have access to, that aren't on the website.

• Members

Sorry if it was a bad experience. There are ways around these issues in most cases, and I and others here are empowered to make that happen for you.

This isn't a Sweetwater thread, so I'll politely duck out now, but if you have any questions, or would like a hookup, PM me whenever.
:thu:

I never had a bad experience with Sweetwater, ever. So, I don't want you to think that I'm unhappy with them. I'll continue to buy from them, I'm sure.

I ALMOST bought a PRS SE singlecut from you just this weekend, but you don't carry Vintage Natural, or Sunburst. I went with the Dean Soltero, because I wanted a singlecut "beater", and $369 blowout was an excellent deal. These were $650 when they were in production. If it's junk, I'll sell it for $300, and look again at the Korean PRS's.

• 9 years later...

Archived