Banned from Sevenstring.org for a month...

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Well, I guess somebody saw this thread and wasn't happy about it.

"You have been banned for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

"JoshuaLogan is getting his ban bumped up to permanent.

If you've got an issue with your ban, get a hold of a mod and maybe you can work something out. Running to another forum and trying to stir up {censored} is not the way to get off the hook. There's a lot of retaliatory forum flaming that goes on unnecessarily when that stuff get's drudged up, and it's drama that the people here who do follow the rules don't need."

Wow. That actually pisses me off considering the amount of times I've helped people on that forum and the fact that I've used the classifieds there to buy/sell/trade things quite a few times. Unbelievable.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well hey, since they're watching:idk:

SS mods are complete and utter cunts that enjoy circle jerking each other over who is the biggest dick cheese mod. Why don't you guys go rub {censored} on each other, bunch of human colostomy bags. :thu::lol:

• Members

No reason was specified.

If you've got an issue with your ban, get a hold of a mod and maybe you can work something out.
Running to another forum and trying to stir up {censored} is not the way to get off the hook. There's a lot of retaliatory forum flaming that goes on unnecessarily when that stuff get's drudged up, and it's drama that the people here who do follow the rules don't need."

Wow. That actually pisses me off considering the amount of times I've helped people on that forum and the fact that I've used the classifieds there to buy/sell/trade things quite a few times. Unbelievable.

Yeah, cause this totally fits with their "no questioning mods EVAR" policy. What a crock of {censored}....

• Members

No reason was specified.

If you've got an issue with your ban, get a hold of a mod and maybe you can work something out. Running to another forum and trying to stir up {censored} is not the way to get off the hook. There's a lot of retaliatory forum flaming that goes on unnecessarily when that stuff get's drudged up, and it's drama that the people here who do follow the rules don't need."

So your ban was increased to permanent for a thread you made on another forum?

How utterly gloriously retarded.

• Members

Gotta love this; I was curious to see which mod made (or at least publicised) such an egregious decision, and saw that there was a thread at the top of that page that was made then locked by a mod about 'new rules'

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/announcement.php?f=&a=12

1: 25 rules? WTF. Though a lot of them are quite reasonable (but a lot of the things that people got banned for in the 'Look! We ban people!' thread arent there, which is not on in and of itself)

2: Rule 25 = there are no rules, we make it up as we go along :lol:

• Members

Speaking of internet drama, I've actually had things I've said on here come back to hurt me in real life in a serious way. You have 6 degrees of seperation in real life but when it comes to internet forums it's more like 3 degrees.

Things I said made it from here to a trashy off-topic forum site. :idk:

If you talk {censored} on forums it's gonna make it's way around

• Members

No reason was specified.

This is why I didn't say anything bad about SS. :o:cop:

• Members

No reason was specified.

Of course they were going to ban you. Enough people do read HC threads, and that was enough to get the mods butthurt.

What did you expect? That they were going to be able to stand up for themselves using words and their wit like an adult? Yeah that is a likely possibility :lol:

The only thing they know how to do when somebody talks crap about them is to make them go away by banning them. I'd be surprised if most of them can actually function in real life where you can't click a button to make the awful meanies disappear. :lol:

• Members

While I definitely don't agree with their stance and frequency on banning people, it's their forum, their rules, etc. I'll never post there, because I would call someone out for stupidity and be banned within the hour. BUT, that being said, that "Public Ban List" thread is one of the worst things I've seen mods do on a forum. Nothing screams "power trip" like a bunch of zit-faced dicknosed mods fapping maniacally over their multiple bannings. It's like they're competing over who can ban the most people. It's {censored}ing nauseating.

• Moderators

While I definitely don't agree with their stance and frequency on banning people, it's their forum, their rules, etc. I'll never post there, because I would call someone out for stupidity and be banned within the hour. BUT, that being said,
that "Public Ban List" thread is one of the worst things I've seen mods do on a forum
. Nothing screams "power trip" like a bunch of zit-faced dickfaced mods fapping maniacally over their multiple bannings. It's like they're competing over who can ban the most people. It's {censored}ing nauseating.

We played with doing that here for a bit (way back, CP and I discussed it). The purpose would have been to avoid the "Where is so and so/why were they banned/How long are they banned?" questions we get.

However, in the end, we decided the negatives outweighed the positives.

That being said, I've never been to SS.org and doubt I will go, as I am not in to SS's at all, so I cannot comment on their implementation.

• Members

wow somebody should seriously consider developing another 7 string site to compete with that {censored}hole and bring some sanity back to the interwebz. I would be happy to help any way i can.

7's are so 90's, arnt most kids using 8-9 strings now ?

they should just open a "we are giutar players that should be playing bass" site.

• Members
We played with doing that here for a bit (way back, CP and I discussed it). The purpose would have been to avoid the "Where is so and so/why were they banned" questions we get.

However, in the end, we decided the negatives outweighed the positives.

That being said, I've never been to SS.org and doubt I will go, as I am not in to SS's at all, so I cannot comment on their implementation.

Well see, JC, even IF that was implemented, at least it would have served a practical purpose. It would save threads/bandwidth from another "Where is Deathmonkey?" thread, etc. I guess my problem with it is not necessarily the existence of that thread, but the fact that they appear to be straight out gloating about banning so many people. Especially that one guy over there who said that he would have to start banning random people to catch up to the ban count, or whatever. If such a thread existed here, I know that you wouldn't conduct it in that matter...it would be more matter-of-fact. You don't gloat when you ban people, you explain why you did it. Although you should be granted a pass for how you sent 9ball packing, that was winnage on epic levels. :D

• Moderators
Well see, JC, even IF that was implemented, at least it would have served a practical purpose. It would save threads/bandwidth from another "Where is Deathmonkey?" thread, etc. I guess my problem with it is not necessarily the existence of that thread, but the fact that they appear to be straight out gloating about banning so many people. Especially that one guy over there who said that he would have to start banning random people to catch up to the ban count, or whatever. If such a thread existed here, I know that you wouldn't conduct it in that matter...it would be more matter-of-fact. You don't gloat when you ban people, you explain why you did it. Although you should be granted a pass for how you sent 9ball packing, that was winnage on epic levels.
:D

:D

Seriously, I don't LIKE to ban people. Well, most people. :p

• Members
^ sorry to even bring this up, but when JC called you an unmitigated piece of {censored}, i never laughed so hard in my life. THat was probably the most epic line ever outside of the 9ball sendoff.

LOL, I've started my own board since then (for teh locals). If he EVAR shows up there, he will deeply feel the nuances of my sandstoned cyberdildo. :cop:

• Members

Just because this needs to be revisited: :D

Wow... ya know... sometimes things can just be going {censored}ty... just can't catch a break, ya know?

And then something like this comes along and... man... I don't even know where to start.... I guess I

• Moderators
LOL, I've started my own board since then (for teh locals). If he EVAR shows up there, he will deeply feel the nuances of my sandstoned cyberdildo.
:cop:

No no, you're totes right, amigo. You SHOULD hold a grudge against me for you repeatedly saying how you would kidnap, torture and murder some guys child after a bad online deal, getting yourself banned permanently in the process and then me letting you come back, trying to be cool to you.

I could see why you would love for me to come to your board (which no chance that will happen, I have enough forums in my life, no offense, sir) so I could "deeply feel the nuances" of your "sandstoned cyberdildo". Only then, will e-justice be served. :thu:

Archived