Banned from Sevenstring.org for a month...

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Metalguitarist isn't much better. Me and a bunch of other people were perma-banned from there just because we were from SS.Org and Metalguitarist didn't want SS.Org people coming to their site. They consider themselves refugees from SS.Org who are working to make Metalguitarist like SS.Org "used to be"..whatever that is. Ah well

That doesnt add up with what I've seen. Which includes an SS.org mod with a >1000 post count. Hes not a mod there, but he hasnt been kicked out. And if I know hes from SSorg, then you can be damned sure they do, because I barely go to SSorg.

(Barely might well become never after seeing the pathetic reasons they ban people and how much pride they take in it).

• Members

That doesnt add up with what I've seen. Which includes an SS.org mod with a >1000 post count.

Personally I didn't get it but didn't feel like pushing the issue for a dead forum I never really went to often anyways. But there were a bunch of us who were all perma-banned because we came from SS.Org. The general feel of MG.org at the time was they were somehow superior from the "HCAF style" forum that SS had become. This is also why the SS mods are so damn trigger happy. They are also on some campaign to return SS to its "glory days", whatever they may be.

The owner of MG was annoyed because a bunch of people from SS came to MG after SS kept getting shut down and had technical issues. Since they didn't want that, they perma-banned all of us.

• Members

Personally I didn't get it but didn't feel like pushing the issue for a dead forum I never really went to often anyways. But there were a bunch of us who were all perma-banned because we came from SS.Org. The general feel of MG.org at the time was they were somehow superior from the "HCAF style" forum that SS had become. This is also why the SS mods are so damn trigger happy. They are also on some campaign to return SS to its "glory days", whatever they may be.

The owner of MG was annoyed because a bunch of people from SS came to MG after SS kept getting shut down and had technical issues. Since they didn't want that, they perma-banned all of us.

Sounds a bit like what happened with Ultimate guitar once.

I used to be active there years ago, and when I was there it was ignorant and heavily moderated. A couple of people went to an offshoot called, iirc, The Tavern, or the Guitar Tavern or something.

Thing is, a 'forum war' of some sort (I missed it) started, and everyone from the tavern that was also on UG was banned. Only time I've ever been banned, actually. I just happened to still be registered in both, and one day I thought, for no good reason 'lets go see what utter {censored}e is being pedalled over at UG these days!', and found myself in their purgatory Forum for the Banned (they have a forum that only the banned and mods can access). I said 'Hi' and 'bye' to a couple of fellas I remembered from when I was on UG went on my merry way.

• Members

Mostly because people were signing up to whine about ss.org being down, and not to be a part of the forum. :lol: 99% of the people banned were sitting in one thread, the ""sevenstring.org is down" thread. Since (a)ss.org was exceeding it's bandwidth every other month, that would get {censored}ing annoying.

I don't agree with banning people, but it's not my call.

• Members
Mostly because people were signing up to whine about ss.org being down, and not to be a part of the forum.
:lol:
99% of the people banned were sitting in one thread, the ""sevenstring.org is down" thread. Since (a)ss.org was exceeding it's bandwidth every other month, that would get {censored}ing annoying.

I don't agree with banning people, but it's not my call.

At first people started going to MG because of SS..that's how people knew about it. It was dead usually as SS was the most popular but people started to check it out more since MG was down. It makes little sense to perma-ban the people visiting your site, who haven't done anything wrong, after you let everyone else know about your site via SS and you're just pissed that they weren't instant regulars.

• Members
At first people started going to MG because of SS..that's how people knew about it. It was dead usually as SS was the most popular but people started to check it out more since MG was down. It makes little sense to perma-ban the people visiting your site, who haven't done anything wrong, after you let everyone else know about your site via SS and you're just pissed that they weren't instant regulars.

They weren't banning people for being ss.org members, otherwise I'd have been banned as well. The only people getting the ban hammer were the "Hey! Let's hangout here while ss.org is down" crowd.

But whatever, might as well hate on everyone. :facepalm:

• Members
They weren't banning people for being ss.org members, otherwise I'd have been banned as well. The only people getting the ban hammer were the "Hey! Let's hangout here while ss.org is down" crowd.

But whatever, might as well hate on everyone.
:facepalm:

Once again..if MG is seen as the sister site to SS...the people of SS know about MG solely due to others, including the owner himself telling people about it..and people go there, for whatever reason to check it out, what sense does it make to change their posts, avatars and ban them just because they decided to check out the forum when SS was down. I could see if a bunch of people were there trolling and starting trouble, but seeing as though there was none, what's with the selective mentality in regards to who can visit the site? Who cares where they came from and why? It was a slow forum to begin with and people who had accounts there didn't go often because it was dead AND a lot of the threads were copied from SS.org. If there was a problem (whatever it could be) with SS people coming over only when their site was down, why not let them know it's not appreciated so they get why instead of trolling and banning? Not to mention it wasn't even explained to people why they were banned.

• Members

Once again..if MG is seen as the sister site to SS...the people of SS know about MG solely due to others, including the owner himself telling people about it..and people go there, for whatever reason to check it out, what sense does it make to change their posts, avatars and ban them just because they decided to check out the forum when SS was down. I could see if a bunch of people were there trolling and starting trouble, but seeing as though there was none, what's with the selective mentality in regards to who can visit the site? Who cares where they came from and why? It was a slow forum to begin with and people who had accounts there didn't go often because it was dead AND a lot of the threads were copied from SS.org. If there was a problem (whatever it could be) with SS people coming over only when their site was down, why not let them know it's not appreciated so they get why instead of trolling and banning?

Hey, I never said I agreed with the banning, I'm just saying I understand it. Some people are less forgiving, and as it's Chris' site, he can do whateverthe{censored} he wants. There are other places to go on the 'net.

• Members

Hey, I never said I agreed with the banning, I'm just saying I understand it. Some people are less forgiving, and as it's Chris' site, he can do whateverthe{censored} he wants.

True. More power to him. If that's how he runs it, it's how he runs it, however I think it's retarded and the MG Vs. SS mentality on both sides is sad at best. People take websites way too seriously.

• Members

I got banned for neg reping djphallus. supposedly I was "abusing the rep system". How does neg reping someone constitute abuse of the system? Neg reping is 1/2 the system! {censored} that site. Sucks though cause they have the best classified adds.

Archived