Banned from Sevenstring.org for a month...

JoshuaLogan

• Members

So, I got banned from sevenstring.org for a month...

"You have been banned for the following reason:

:kiss:

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-24-2010, 12:00 AM"

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the mods there? It seems like most people I've talked to about it all complain about them & agree that that forum is WAY too uptight recently, but the mods still do whatever they want whenever they want. I see people getting banned all the time there just for disagreeing with a mod's opinion or questioning why others were banned. I hope whoever owns the site realizes that having insane mods only irritates people and gives off a really negative impression of the forum.

This is the thread http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/general-music-discussion/133719-new-atb-on-november-23rd-9.html

Some guy got banned for posting this:

"Quote:

Originally Posted by troyguitar

Does more melodic mean it's got less lame breakdowns?"

I don't even know or talk to the guy and I responded to the mod with this post:

"Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy

And before I start getting PMs about troyguitar being banned, no it's not over this last comment, it's about this:

How was that comment at all worthy of a ban? I seriously wonder what's up with the mods here sometimes..."

And I get banned until Christmas. Seriously, what the {censored}?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

let's see, I've been banned on HCGC for calling someone fat (he is/was fat and would admit it, but he was butthurt about it and didn't want the obvious attention), and for posting a picture of the wangcaster in a worst guitar thread, or some such shit. Not crazy, but it goes to show ya :facepalm:

Wear the badge with honor, if you don't ever get banned you're not doing it right:thu:

We all have our good days and bad and sometimes on those bad days you say things that piss off the masses, is it wrong that you say them? No, but you might catch a ban if you :poke: the wrong guy. :lol:

• Members

So, I got banned from sevenstring.org for a month...

"You have been banned for the following reason:

:kiss:

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-24-2010, 12:00 AM"

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the mods there? It seems like most people I've talked to about it all complain about them & agree that that forum is WAY too uptight recently, but the mods still do whatever they want whenever they want. I see people getting banned all the time there just for disagreeing with a mod's opinion or questioning why others were banned. I hope whoever owns the site realizes that having insane mods only irritates people and gives off a really negative impression of the forum.

This is the thread

Some guy got banned for posting this:

"Quote:

Originally Posted by troyguitar

Does more melodic mean it's got less lame breakdowns?"

I don't even know or talk to the guy and I responded to the mod with this post:

"Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy

And before I start getting PMs about troyguitar being banned, no it's not over this last comment, it's about this:

How was that comment at all worthy of a ban? I seriously wonder what's up with the mods here sometimes..."

And I get banned until Christmas. Seriously, what the {censored}?

Wait, Troy got banned after making that epic 36-fret 9-string out of $300-ish worth of parts? I kinda thought such a feat of awesomeness would've made him unbannable.

• Members

I had my original account banned for debating over what the term "hardcore" implies, after I had been on the website for 3 years. I got IP banned for making another account to argue against the action.

I came back years later to be banned for saying that the mods were uptight after they repeatedly locked active and interesting conversations. I laughed about it and came back a few weeks later, and got banned for neg-repping someone who made a rude comment, failing to realize it was a mod. So, I made another account to evade the ban again and see what exactly the mod said about me, which landed me another IP ban.

I have yet another account on there, and I'm just going to refuse talking to the moderators whatsoever since they seem to be crybabies about everything and ban/close anything they don't agree with on sight.

The majority of the posters there are chronic bandwagoneers anyway, but it's still a great source of information for those of us who play 7-strings, and the trade subforums are decently active.

• Members

I had my original account banned for debating over what the term "hardcore" implies, after I had been on the website for 3 years. I got IP banned for making another account to argue against the action.

I came back years later to be banned for saying that the mods were uptight after they repeatedly locked active and interesting conversations. I laughed about it and came back a few weeks later, and got banned for neg-repping someone who made a rude comment, failing to realize it was a mod. So, I made another account to evade the ban again and see what exactly the mod said about me, which landed me another IP ban.

I have yet another account on there, and I'm just going to refuse talking to the moderators whatsoever since they seem to be crybabies about everything and ban/close anything they don't agree with on sight.

Fuck man!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Members

let's see, I've been banned on HCGC for calling someone fat (he is/was fat and would admit it, but he was butthurt about it and didn't want the obvious attention), and for posting a picture of the wangcaster in a worst guitar thread, or some such shit. Not crazy, but it goes to show ya
:facepalm:

Wear the badge with honor, if you don't ever get banned you're not doing it right:thu:

We all have our good days and bad and sometimes on those bad days you say things that piss off the masses, is it wrong that you say them? No, but you might catch a ban if you :poke: the wrong guy.
:lol:

Yeah, but the mods are supposed to be there to keep things civil... not to ban people left and right for trivial bullshit. Why is it that a mod can say "Spot on. Fuck the haters." and we get banned for asking harmless questions? That place has become a haven for ignorant 16 year old fanboys and uptight, power hungry mods. I guess you're only free to express your opinions as long as your opinions match those of the ridiculous moderators? lol

• Members

The majority of the posters there are chronic bandwagoneers anyway, but it's still a great source of information for those of us who play 7-strings, and the trade subforums are decently active.

That's the exact kind of retarded bull{censored} I'm talking about. You basically have to act like a sheep with no opinions of your own whatsoever to avoid getting banned... As far as I know, these guys don't own the website. So, I don't really understand why such stupid {censored} like this happens there all of the time

• Members

Yeah, but the mods are supposed to be there to keep things civil... not to ban people left and right for trivial bullshit. Why is it that a mod can say "Spot on. Fuck the haters." and we get banned for asking harmless questions? That place has become a haven for ignorant 16 year old fanboys and uptight, power hungry mods. I guess you're only free to express your opinions as long as your opinions match those of the ridiculous moderators? lol

preaching to the choir, my friend.

I'm not going to get into my "Mod hate" it's a :deadhorse: situation, I will say this though. You're going to always deal with individuals that may or may not share your view point and the only thing that makes that relevant is their ability to correct your shit (banning you). Best advise to you, if you like that forum, conform, if not, fuck'em, they're not worth your knowledge and influence. You choose.

• Members

I don't know what happened to the build thread, disappeared somehow. There are a bunch of photos here though:

http://picasaweb.google.com/troyguitar/HD9#

The body shape was determined by 3 things: I wanted it to balance nicely, I had one piece of wood at home already, and I was too lazy to go buy more :lol:

Yeah they banned me for a week for asking if the new After The Burial CD had less breakdowns... someone said it was more melodic than their previous CD which was super melodic everywhere except during the damn breakdowns so I figured it was a legit question. Randy there just loves his core music and bans everyone who dares to insult it. I'm still debating what to do about it, if anything.

• Members

Yeah they banned me for a week for asking if the new After The Burial CD had less breakdowns... someone said it was more melodic than their previous CD which was super melodic everywhere except during the damn breakdowns so I figured it was a legit question. Randy there just loves his core music and bans everyone who dares to insult it. I'm still debating what to do about it, if anything.

Welcome to HCAF my ERG brother! Feel free to stick around and ask all the breakdown questions you'd like :thu:

Also, that was a sweet ass guitar you built man :)

Archived