OT: Portnoy tries to come crawling back to DT

madrigal77

• Members

Back in 1994, in one of the first dates on the Awake tour, DT played at their old stomping grounds -- the
Berklee Performance Center
. Our Lady Peace opened the show. 5 songs into their set, OLP's lead singer stopped to yell at the audience; a full house of discerning and over-analyzing Berklee students....

"WTF are you all staring at? Can't you guys let loose and rock out to our music?

This sucks! I feel like I'm playing to a {censored}ing wall mural !!"

:lol:
Boos ensued. OLP left the stage shortly thereafter, and nobody was all that upset about it.
:wave:

... And then Dream Theater came out and played a raucus set full of 13 minute long Lawrence Welk metal songs. The crowd clapped politely and then discussed how JP's playing was good, but not quite as technically adept as some other shred guy at which point an actual female walked by stopping the conversation... Soon after the crowd returned to their D&D games and Star Wars collections with nothing but happy feelings at seeing an actual female... Oh and having been at that awesome Dream Theater concert.

The End.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

... And then Dream Theater came out and played a raucus set full of 13 minute long Lawrence Welk metal songs. The crowd clapped politely and then discussed how JP's playing was good, but not quite as technically adept as some other shred guy at which point an actual female walked by stopping the conversation...

In the contrary, the place totally blew up when DT took the stage. On that tour, 4/5 of the members were Berzerklee alumni, and those early Prog classics had folks frothing at the mouth

drool2.gif

• Members

... And then Dream Theater came out and played a raucus set full of 13 minute long Lawrence Welk metal songs. The crowd clapped politely and then discussed how JP's playing was good, but not quite as technically adept as some other shred guy at which point an actual female walked by stopping the conversation... Soon after the crowd returned to their D&D games and Star Wars collections with nothing but happy feelings at seeing an actual female... Oh and having been at that awesome Dream Theater concert.

The End.

Accurate story is accurate. Meanwhile, during Dream Theater's set, the members of Our Lady Peace were bulldogging a dozen or so groupies in their tour bus.

• Members

Once upon a time, young pamackie was way into Dream Theater. At some point during this time, young pamackie nailed his first girlfriend. Dream Theater subsequently lost its appeal.

Correlation doesn't imply causality, but I'm just saying, only virgins like Dream Theater.

• Members

It's quite ironic how many of you who "couldn't care less about DT" or don't like them, care *just* enough to come in and comment about them, and you probably do it every time a thread comes up.

There are lots of threads I don't care about or things/gear I don't like, I don't even open or read them because I truly don't care, but some of you guys . . . :lol:

• Members

It's quite ironic how many of you who "couldn't care less about DT" or don't like them, care *just* enough to come in and comment about them, and you probably do it every time a thread comes up.

There are lots of threads I don't care about or things/gear I don't like, I don't even open or read them because I truly don't care, but some of you guys . . .

It's fun to come into a DT thread and call DT fans nerds. It's fun to call DT's music boring and watch nerds through up walls of text and videos trying to defend the honor of their band.

It's boring posting in some thread about some band you already like where everyone just agrees with you.

• Members

There are lots of threads I don't care about or things/gear I don't like, I don't even open or read them because I truly don't care, but some of you guys . . .

Posting in a thread does not imply "caring". It is as effortless as breathing.

And stop misusing the word "ironic".

• Members

Back in 1994, in one of the first dates on the Awake tour, DT played at their old stomping grounds -- the
Berklee Performance Center
. Our Lady Peace opened the show. 5 songs into their set, OLP's lead singer stopped to yell at the audience; a full house of discerning and over-analyzing Berklee students....

"WTF are you all staring at? Can't you guys let loose and rock out to our music?

This sucks! I feel like I'm playing to a {censored}ing wall mural !!"

Boos ensued. OLP left the stage shortly thereafter, and nobody was all that upset about it.
:wave:

DUDE I WAS THERE!~

It was some {censored}ing band called I Mother Earth not OLP. I was the guy that yelled play some {censored}in Metal just before DT started playing.

• Members

Okay, I can see this:

Posting in a thread does not imply "caring". It is as effortless as breathing.

And stop misusing the word "ironic".

1. It's not as effortless as breathing, it's more conscious than breathing is.

2. That's like watching a TV show for a segment that you KNOW you don't like, because it doesn't take any energy to turn to that channel. Do you do that?

• Members
Agreed. Body functions like breathing and blinking are automatic. Even if you stop breathing, you'll pass out, and guess what? You start breathing again.

Posting on an internet forum, however, is not the same.

Did you look at his post count? It might be! :cop:

• Members

I don't care about DT's music but I love bashing them.

The reactions are fun... it's like "Nerds Go Wild" or something...

• Members

Did you look at his post count? It might be!
:cop:

Don't think so. :D

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_times_does_an_average_person_breath_in_a_year

He's been posting for 3 years, so in order for it to be the same, he would need to have nearly 20,000,000 posts.

:cop:

• Members

We DON'T care about Dream Theater, or at least I don't. I DO, however, care about mocking Mike Portnoy. That's a cause I can get behind.

• Members
see what I mean???? Only in a DT bashing thread you will see a posts x breath per year comparison as a rebuttal to a post... hahahahaha

Careful not to ever piss off a DT fan in person.. they might hurl a pocket calculator at you

And billy brings teh lulz again. :lol:

• Members
see what I mean???? Only in a DT bashing thread you will see a posts x breath per year comparison as a rebuttal to a post... hahahahaha

Careful not to ever piss off a DT fan in person.. they might hurl a pocket calculator at you

f(x) = 3x(y) + 1(z) -x((y^8.984)-y/x) = Petrucci's tuning on Awake

• Members

Hey now, I'm not THAT big of a DT fan (anymore :o). Just here to troll the responses like anyone else. :cop:

(that being said, I'm glad Portnoy is out of the band and hopefully the rest of the guys won't {censored} up the next album) :)

• Members

Once upon a time, young pamackie was way into Dream Theater. At some point during this time, young pamackie nailed his first girlfriend. Dream Theater subsequently lost its appeal.

Correlation doesn't imply causality, but I'm just saying, only virgins like Dream Theater.

I refuse to let this post go unreplied to. Such poetry should not be allowed to slip into obscurity.

Also, I like DT. Shoot me.

• Members

Correlation doesn't imply causality, but I'm just saying, only
virgin GUYS
like Dream Theater.

fixed. Virgin girls go for the Bieber.

Archived