eBay during the Holidays = facepalm

guitarbilly74

• Members

what's going on with eBay recently? I have had one buyer that bid and didn't pay, another one who kept delaying payment and now I recently bought a guitar that I though it would be a MIK Hamer Diablo and when I receive it it's a Slammer series Hamer and the dude painted over the "Slammer Series" part of the logo :facepalm:

Anyway, I had 5 transactions this month, 3 of them ended up in open dispute cases. What the hell???

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

eBay is full of crooks, scammers, cocksuckers, and retards. I stopped buying there a LONG time ago. Last thing I bought on there was a Dual Recto, and the only reason I did THAT was because it was from an artist signed on a major label who stood to lose a bit on his rep if the deal didn't go straight.

• Members

i love ebay :idk: im sitting in my room full of enough gear for five people and most all of it came from ebay, only real problem i remember is someone didnt pack a little 1x10 cab i bought enough and the corner got dented. i find parts for my cars that used to take literally years of going to swap meets to find. id be bummed without ebay

• Members

here's the headstock of the guitar I got, clearly painted over the logo.. holy {censored} I am pissed. I HOPE eBay helps me with this one.

hamerheadstock.jpg

Dude, seriously, that would piss me off to the point of quite seriously contemplating burning a couple of vacation days to hunt somebody's ass down. That's {censored}ed up! :mad:

• Members

Billy, I'm not at all familiar with the value of Hamers, so forgive the question, but I'm just curious here. How much difference in approximate value is there between what you THOUGHT you were getting, and what you actually received? How badly did you get hosed on this one?

• Members

Billy, I'm not at all familiar with the value of Hamers, so forgive the question, but I'm just curious here. How much difference in approximate value is there between what you THOUGHT you were getting, and what you actually received? How badly did you get hosed on this one?

well I bought this guitar without pickups as a project so it can be hard to assess value.

I say a regular import Diablo would go for about $275-300 while a Slammer would go for about $150-200. That's for the whole guitar with pickups.

I bought this for $182.50 without the pickups. So all in all, I didn't do THAT bad, I can add some cheap pickups for around $30-40 and try to resell to break even on the deal.

That's not the point though, the point is I would not have spent ANY money on a Slammer series because I have no interest in it and the seller should have said that's what it was in the first place.

• Members
well I bought this guitar without pickups as a project so it can be hard to assess value.

I say a regular import Diablo would go for about $275-300 while a Slammer would go for about $150-200. That's for the whole guitar with pickups.

I bought this for $182.50 without the pickups. So all in all, I didn't do THAT bad, I can add some cheap pickups for around $30-40 and try to resell to break even on the deal.

That's not the point though, the point is I would not have spent ANY money on a Slammer series because I have no interest in it and the seller should have said that's what it was in the first place.

Oh, definitely agreed. It's a totally {censored}ing underhanded thing to do. The problem is that most musicians, at least in my experience, operate on an unspoken honor system...and more and more people these days have no sense of honor. It pisses me off. :mad:

• Members

Not cool. I hate Ebay too, but it is so hard to sell anything right now on the forums...as far as that guy who ripped you off, file significantly not as received, Paypal will freeze his money. Ship it back, you get your money back.

• Members

The Paypal buyer protection BS is just that...BS.

I will offer this advice tho...if you buy more than one item via "buy it now" make sure you make payments through paypal seperately.

Otherwise if you fail to recieve one the seller can make you send the ones you did recieve back for a refund (minus the postage).

• Members

The Paypal buyer protection BS is just that...BS.

I will offer this advice tho...if you buy more than one item via "buy it now" make sure you make payments through paypal seperately.

Otherwise if you fail to recieve one the seller can make you send the ones you did recieve back for a refund (minus the postage).

I really don't want to ship it back because it was a project and I already bought a {censored}load of parts for it so at this point there is about $300 invested on this guitar. I am asking eBay to give me a partial refund to make this more fair.

Seller is being a complete dick and basically blaming ME for not asking beforehand if that was a painted over Slammer guitar.How would I even think of asking that??? WTF is wrong with people?

• Members

Oh, definitely agreed. It's a totally {censored}ing underhanded thing to do. The problem is that most musicians, at least in my experience, operate on an unspoken honor system...and more and more people these days have no sense of honor. It pisses me off.
:mad:

I just did some further investigation. This guy not only is a musician, but he's also a HC forum member. :snax:

Archived