eBay during the Holidays = facepalm

guitarbilly74

• Members

and they would be right. if you sell someone a fake chinese lpc for 2k, you can't just blow it off as "well, i didn't know it was fake. and he didn't ask."

That's not comparable. I made it clear it is Asian. I never said it is an XT, unlike a fake LPC where the seller says "it is a Gibson". I didn't even know there's a XT Diablo. I posted a high-resolution picture of the headstock. Show me a fake LPC with a clear headshot picture.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BTW, has anybody ever seen a XT Diablo?

This is Billie's link:

http://www.vintageguitar.dreamhosters.com/1877/the-history-of-hamer-part-four/

All I can see in here is one American Diablo and one Asian Diablo, the one with the US Dimarzio pickups. The latter is what I sold Billie.

Am I blind or is what I originally thought true, that there is only one Asian Diablo.

• Members

If I had spotted the paint, why would I post a picture like that on the auction?

I only had the guitar to take the pickups out.

But Billie isn't asking for $40, unless I miss something. In fact I can't figure out what he wants. He never asked for a refund.

Last time I heard he was asking to buy a whole Floyd to replace the nut. I'm not making this up. Just look at how he's posting here right now. There are no concrete demands that I could agree to if I wanted. All I see is him causing more and more trouble.

I specifically asked for $40 this morning. What's stripped on my tremolo is the whole nut/assembly that holds the tremolo bar in place, NOT the locking nut at the headstock I already told you that.

I did some more research after I sent you the message and found out that this part CANNOT be bought separately for that particular import floyd version. I NEED to replace the whole tremolo. I did not know that was the case when I first sent you a message this morning. So I adjusted my request with eBay to $80, as follows:

$35 for THE CHEAPEST tremolo I could find

$5 for a new pot

and $40 for the guitar being a lesser model than represented, which is actually less than the price difference the 2 models normally go for.

You're not losing anything. You bought this guitar for $200 and got about $100 in pickups out of it (about $50 each, used) .

So you got this guitar for $100 pretty much. Sold it for $180, broken and misrepresented. By asking for $80 back, I am getting the parts and the refund I deserve and you are still getting $100 and BREAKING EVEN on your end!!!

How the {censored} that's not reasonable?? I think that's VERY reasonable and makes it right for both parts. Do you think I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass to get a refund?? I'm not that type of person!!! I calculated this carefully to be FAIR to all. Check my reputation here on this forum, I would NEVER take advantage of anyone and I'm just asking what's FAIR so I get compensated and you lose NOTHING!!!

You, on the other hand, don't want to take responsibility for ANYTHING, got what you want from your dealings and are pretty much telling me to go {censored} myself. That is SHAMEFUL on your part!!!!!!!!

• Members

BTW, has anybody ever seen a XT Diablo?

This is Billie's link:

All I can see in here is one American Diablo and one Asian Diablo, the one with the US Dimarzio pickups. The latter is what I sold Billie.

Am I blind or is what I originally thought true, that there is only one Asian Diablo.

You're blind:

"The Import Diablo, too, was similar to its forebear, with maple body and neck."

" 96 Indonesian-made models began coming in with “Slammer by Hamer” logos – “by Hamer” small underneath, Slammer in block letters. By 1998 these logos had changed to a more stylized, italicized typeface. As the Korean-made Hamers made their transition to become the Import Series around ’98, the logo simply read Hamer, in Hamer block type, no “USA.”"

• Members

There is no way to get $50 out of used Dimarzio pickups that were body-mounted. In any case that is not the issue, you had the freedom to bid whatever you want on the auction. It was no reserve and started low.

At this point I have to ask you to provide us with better evidence that there ever was more than one Asian-made Diablo. Now that I studied your link in more detail (I know, I should have done it before instead of taking your word for it) I only see one Asian-made Diablo. And the one I sold you was the model with the US Dimarzio pickups.

I think this hoppla might all be about nothing now.

• Members

I did not notice the paint

There's something wrong here.

And you keep saying that you didn't care about details of the guitar. That's irrelevant. You're a seller. You're supposed to say everything that the customer cares about.

I think a more accurate description rather than the fake LPC scenario is if somebody sold a Mexican Strat with the serial sanded off and another back plate and the buyer thought it was American. That's essentially what is happening here.

On a lighter note, I never thought I'd see this much drama over a Hamer.

• Members

There's something wrong here.

And you keep saying that you didn't care about details of the guitar. That's irrelevant. You're a seller. You're supposed to say everything that the customer cares about.

I think a more accurate description rather than the fake LPC scenario is if somebody sold a Mexican Strat with the serial sanded off and another back plate and the buyer thought it was American. That's essentially what is happening here.

Yes exactly. Hopefully eBay will see that as well. This guy is a scammer and keep trying ways to get out of it. First he claims I did not want to pay, I proved him wrong with the screenshots and transaction IDs I sent to eBay. Now he says he didn't know it was painted, yet his pictures clearly the paint - that he did not see (WTF???? )

Now he says there is no Import Series Diablo, which the text clearly says there is. There is also a Slammer Diablo and the evidence of it is what he painted over.

He is doing what scammers do. Borrowing time and making this thread as confusing as possible on purpose and saying " I didn't know" as if that excuses anything.

• Members

I'm sorry but I can read it as often as I want, I can only see one Diablo made in Asia, with US-made Dimarzio pickups. That is what I sold to Billie.

At this point I want more than that link that has neither pictures nor specific lists of what model was made where before I even believe that there is both a XT Diablo and a Slammer Diablo.

I have never seen a XT Diablo and if there is one I would be very thankful if somebody could post better information, in particular pictures.

• Members

Sorry, I just can't make it past that statement. Are you totally blind or something?
:rolleyes:

I only bought the guitar to take the pickups out and flip it without the pickups so no, I didn't notice. Again, why would I then go and point a camera to the bad paintjob? And what about the serial number? It's intact, it's in the photos. Why didn't Billie check that?

Still looking for any evidence whatsoever about the existence of a XT Diablo. The link doesn't even have a list of what models ran where.

And if there were two models, why would the "worthless" one be equipped with US made Dimarzios like the one I sold? That doesn't make any sense.

• Members

This is pretty ridiculous. Man the f**k up. Take responsibility for your obvious screw up. You'd think with all the effort you've put into arguing lame/distractive points you would try to salvage some user cred.

Guitarbilly has always been one of the first to offer awesome insight on threads i've started. He's 100% a stand up dude.

• Members

This is pretty ridiculous. Man the f**k up. Take responsibility for your obvious screw up. You'd think with all the effort you've put into arguing lame/distractive points you would try to salvage some user cred.

Guitarbilly has always been one of the first to offer awesome insight on threads i've started. He's 100% a stand up dude.

Responsibility how? He never asked for a refund, neither here nor on Ebay. But he wants me to buy him a complete Floyd to replace one stripped nut.

• Members

... I didn't notice. Again, why would I then go and point a camera to the bad paintjob?

Again. This just doesn't seem right.

I don't understand how you took a picture directly at that paint without noticing it. I don't understand how you can blame a customer for not noticing the paint that you didn't notice from the picture that you took.

• Members

I only bought the guitar to take the pickups out and flip it without the pickups so no, I didn't notice. Again, why would I then go and point a camera to the bad paintjob? And what about the serial number? It's intact, it's in the photos. Why didn't Billie check that?

So you don't even have to look at a guitar you have in your hands carefully before you sell it , yet I have to ran a serial number check before I buy it??

Keep going. Eventually you will run out of excuses.

Scammer.

• Members

top notch thread :thu: would read again. hearing both sides of the story now i can see how it appears to be a misunderstanding on both sides, but ultimately it is up to the seller to make sure the item is properly listed with accurate description and then to make it right if anything goes wrong. and how can you say billy never asked for a refund???

and i still dont believe you didnt see the black paint out, as it appears that it is clearly visible in real life. and even if you somehow didnt, as the seller it is your responsibility

looks like it'll be up to the ebay/paypal ppl to figure it out, im excited for the ruling of the arbitration :snax:

• Members

As to this particular post of yours:

If I had spotted the paint, why would I post a picture like that on the auction?

I only had the guitar to take the pickups out.

But Billie isn't asking for $40, unless I miss something. In fact I can't figure out what he wants. He never asked for a refund.

Last time I heard he was asking to buy a whole Floyd to replace the nut. I'm not making this up. Just look at how he's posting here right now. There are no concrete demands that I could agree to if I wanted. All I see is him causing more and more trouble.

1. Probably in case some noob got it, wondered why it had that painted over you could say "it was in the picture." However, you got someone that knows a bit (or a lot) about gear. Sucks to be you.

2. He has stated he asked for $80 and a new FR. OK. That's between you and him.

3. See #2. It really doesn't change that much.

All I see is someone who was trying to pull a fast one on someone. You might not have known the level of deceit, but that's exactly what you were trying to do. And now you've fallen into deny and deflect mode. I don't know what PMs you've exchanged here. I don't know the messages on eBay.

If if this is 100% "innocent" ignorance on your part that still is your responsibility as a seller. If for no other reason than it would be the right thing to do. But hey, some people don't care about that sort of thing.

EDIT: Changed due to Billy's post below.

• Members

Well, there is Billy asking for $40. I may have missed where he asked for you to pay for a new Floyd, but I don't think I did.

As to this particular post of yours:

1. Probably in case some noob got it, wondered why it had that painted over you could say "it was in the picture." However, you got someone that knows a bit (or a lot) about gear. Sucks to be you.

2. See above. Yes he is asking for $40 back.

3. Again, see above. All I see is someone who was trying to pull a fast one on someone. You might not have known the level of deceit, but that's exactly what you were trying to do. And now you've fallen into deny and deflect mode. I don't know what PMs you've exchanged here. I don't know the messages on eBay. I would suggest you offer Billy a $40 refund and see if he accepts.

If if this is 100% "innocent" ignorance on your part that still is your responsibility as a seller. If for no other reason than it would be the right thing to do. But hey, some people don't care about that sort of thing.

I did end up asking for $80 and asking for a new floyd, because there are NO aftermarket parts for that type of Floyd trem, it has a screw-in bar and the bar holder is stripped. That part is not sold separately anywhere, so the whole tremolo is ruined.

I am not asking for a {censored}in OFR though, just a $35 floyd, which is the cheapest I've found.

Archived