eBay during the Holidays = facepalm

guitarbilly74

• Members

Ok, (being serious here)

Then offer him his money back for the guitar, apologise & tell him you did not intentionally decieve him.

If Billy refuses, then he doesn't have a comeback. You can honestly say you tried to make it right, but alas...

It is so easy for {censored} to become {censored}ed up on the internets...

Sounds fine to me. I didn't know I'm dealing with a forum member.

From my communication with that buyer so far I had to doubt that he would be able to ship the thing back in a reasonable manner. It came without a case, so it needs careful packaging. After the episode with the paypal chargeback even before receiving the guitar I had to assume that the buyer is 100% jackass. For all I knew until the forum thing he frieded the pot himself, stripped the nut by fatfingering and then wants cash from me. I even offered free cash for pot and nut, an offer that wasn't taken.

In any case, I have not received a request to revert the deal. All I ever got is demands for cash that looked like feedback blackmail to me.

If people here can vouch that Billie is reasonable and can be trusted to send the thing back intact that would change things.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What about the stripped nut, painted headstock, and other stuff. Are you saying you did not notice that when you had it, and Billy pointed it out, then the feedback was left? Like I said you have 100% feedback.....seemed way out of line....

I did not notice the paint and unlike Billie I didn't care about the XT versus Slammer thing so I didn't look. I also never mounted the trem arm. As I said, I bought the guitar to take the pickups out and then pass it on. I thought that there's only one Asian made Diablo and I pointed out clearly that it is Asian-made (unlike the jackass who sold it to me, BTW). I don't remember the tone pot, it might have been broken and I might have forgotten, but for that I offered compensation.

I left the feedback for the guy who sold it to me just a couple hours ago, after Billie had proven to me that there even *is* a XT Diablo. I didn't take into account that Ebay doesn't put a date on the feedback.

If this is getting a hot topic here I can see whether I can provide proof of me leaving the feedback today.

• Members

I did not notice the paint and unlike Billie I didn't care about the XT versus Slammer thing so I didn't look. I also never mounted the trem arm. As I said, I bought the guitar to take the pickups out and then pass it on. I thought that there's only one Asian made Diablo and I pointed out clearly that it is Asian-made (unlike the jackass who sold it to me, BTW). I don't remember the tone pot, it might have been broken and I might have forgotten, but for that I offered compensation.

I left the feedback for the guy who sold it to me just a couple hours ago, after Billie had proven to me that there even *is* a XT Diablo. I didn't take into account that Ebay doesn't put a date on the feedback.

If this is getting a hot topic here I can see whether I can provide proof of me leaving the feedback today.

The date the feedback was left is there, it is obvious you posted the feedback today.

• Members

Sounds fine to me. I didn't know I'm dealing with a forum member.

From my communication with that buyer so far I had to doubt that he would be able to ship the thing back in a reasonable manner. It came without a case, so it needs careful packaging. After the episode with the paypal chargeback even before receiving the guitar I had to assume that the buyer is 100% jackass. For all I knew until the forum thing he frieded the pot himself, stripped the nut by fatfingering and then wants cash from me. I even offered free cash for pot and nut, an offer that wasn't taken.

In any case, I have not received a request to revert the deal. All I ever got is demands for cash that looked like feedback blackmail to me.

If people here can vouch that Billie is reasonable and can be trusted to send the thing back intact that would change things.

Billy really is a good dude. This is a guy who gave someone a guitar that people had really picked on here. There is a thread here for best guy of the year, and his name is mentioned a lot. I can now see both sides. I have been on both sides of it, and people have tried to scam me, and also had some dishonest crap sent to me. I think we all have been scammed by bad people, and we all know Billy is a stand up guy, so immediately a lynch mob rises up. I bet you guys can work it out. I will step back, and sorry I got into it. Bet it will work out...

• Members

Billy really is a good dude. This is a guy who gave someone a guitar that people had really picked on here. There is a thread here for best guy of the year, and his name is mentioned a lot. I can now see both sides. I have been on both sides of it, and people have tried to scam me, and also had some dishonest crap sent to me. I think we all have been scammed by bad people, and we all know Billy is a stand up guy, so immediately a lynch mob rises up. I bet you guys can work it out. I will step back, and sorry I got into it. Bet it will work out...

There's no reason to step back. In fact your PM made me come here and realize Billie is not the jackass he looked like on Ebay (I'm sorry but he did). Whatever the outcome of this drama, that's a good thing.

I'm open to both compensation and taking it back but I assure people that Billie hasn't worked in this direction ever since the conflict started.

BTW, I don't just have 100% positive feedback. I have 400+ feedback and never got a single negative in 7 years, and I have many successful forum deals, too. I didn't get there by painting headstocks.

• Members

I don't like getting involved in desputes between others... life is easier if you just troll....

But I can understand both POVs here.

I can believe that uOpt was not trying to be dishonest, and I can understand why Billy has the {censored}s.

i think it would be best if you two spoke to each other & try to reach a fair conclusion for both of you.

{censored} it, mistakes happen. What matters is that you try to fix them as best you can after they happen.

I suggest you both sit back take a deep breath & start over again.

• Members

After the episode with the paypal chargeback even before receiving the guitar I had to assume that the buyer is 100% jackass.

Stop lying. There is no PayPal chargeback episode.

The transfer failed on 16DEC to an issue in my bank account, notification was sent to me close to midnight:

paypalsc1.jpg

I woke up the next morning and resent the payment from credit card at 6:36A - FIRST THING IN THE MORNIN!!!! That's why PayPal reverted the funds to you, because they were replaced IMMEDIATELY!!!

paypalsc2.jpg

Stop lying. I have everything properly documented. You're the jackass. Stop blaming me for misrepresenting guitars online. Grow a {censored}ing pair and make it right. If I get a refund who the {censored} is going to pay for shipping back to you? Because I certainly wont!

This is not a "shipping" issue. It's a SCAM. You're a SCAMMER!!!! Stop lying!!!!

• Members

There's no reason to step back. In fact your PM made me come here and realize Billie is not the jackass he looked like on Ebay (I'm sorry but he did). Whatever the outcome of this drama, that's a good thing.

I'm open to both compensation and taking it back but I assure people that Billie hasn't worked in this direction ever since the conflict started.

BTW, I don't just have 100% positive feedback. I have 400+ feedback and never got a single negative in 7 years, and I have many successful forum deals, too. I didn't get there by painting headstocks.

That is obvious now, it is clear you got cheated, and were unaware because it looks like you just wanted the Dimarzios. It looked really bad, clearly miscommunication, and misundersndings caused this.

• Members

paypalsc2.jpg

Stop lying. I have everything properly documented. You're the jackass. Stop blaming me for misrepresenting guitars online. Grow a {censored}ing pair and make it right. If I get a refund who the {censored} is going to pay for shipping back to you? Because I certainly wont!

This is not a "shipping" issue. It's a SCAM. You're a SCAMMER!!!! Stop lying!!!!

Very well.

You know what? Why don't we just see how this works out on Ebay. Clearly all you really want is trouble.

• Members

That is obvious now, it is clear you got cheated, and were unaware because it looks like you just wanted the Dimarzios. It looked really bad, clearly miscommunication, and misundersndings caused this.

This is why you never take {censored} on the internets seriously.

It is the ulimate Chinese whisper :)

• Members

How is it my fault that you didn't have enough cash to pay for the things you buy?

All I know is that I had to call Paypal to get my funds.

Very well.

You know what? Why don't we just see how this works out on Ebay. Clearly all you really want is trouble.

It has NOTHING to do with not having the cash!! It was a glitch on my bank account that was solved immediately and you DID get paid. It's none of your business, you got your money before the guitar was shipped!

Grow a pair dude. Stop trying to pin this on me. Seriously, if you bought a guitar with a logo painted over you NEED to disclose this when you re-sell it, not stay quiet and hope no one will notice on the picture.

Wait for the eBay resolution for me is fine. Clearly you have no honor whatsoever.

• Members

Well, the big difference between me getting cheated and Billie is that I didn't blindly assume it is an XT. I didn't care (obviously, since I wanted the pickups), didn't even now about a XT Diablo. And if I cared I would find ways to tell from photos and not rely on logos alone.

I gave my seller the negative feedback for doing the paint job which now got me in trouble with my buyer. My seller is also living 10 minutes away from me and didn't let me pick it up in person, for now obvious reasons. He also forgot to send the trem arm which I now think might have been an attempt to disguise the stripped nut. Another reason why I smacked him now.

Billie doesn't look much better for now, though.

• Members
Seriously tho,

You would be better off just sending the POS back & gettting a refund.

There are {censored}loads of guitars out there to use your parts on...

Life is too short to waste on shonks.

However if the {censored}er refuses to take it back...you know where he lives
:)

Sure, if he pays for shipping. Why should I get stuck with paying to ship this back when HE misrepresented it and lied about it?

• Members

Grow a pair dude. Stop trying to pin this on me. Seriously, if you bought a guitar with a logo painted over you NEED to disclose this when you re-sell it, not stay quiet and hope no one will notice on the picture.

I didn't know about the paint. All I knew is that it is an Asian Hamer and I didn't even know there are two of them. So I tell people it's Asian to sort out the dorks who think they get a cheap American Hamer. From my perspective at the time that is more than enough.

Ask yourself, why would I take a professional camera, aim it directly at the paint and then post the shot in the auction at that resolution?

Just look at the auction that I bought it in. Now that dude carefully avoided exposing the paint in his so-called pictures.

What do you want at the end of this, anyway? You never asked for a refund. Just more and more cash.

• Members

Well, the big difference between me getting cheated and Billie is that I didn't blindly assume it is an XT. I didn't care (obviously, since I wanted the pickups), didn't even now about a XT Diablo. And if I cared I would find ways to tell from photos and not rely on logos alone.

I gave my seller the negative feedback for doing the paint job which now got me in trouble with my buyer. My seller is also living 10 minutes away from me and didn't let me pick it up in person, for now obvious reasons. He also forgot to send the trem arm which I now think might have been an attempt to disguise the stripped nut. Another reason why I smacked him now.

Billie doesn't look much better for now, though.

Dude I don't care what your seller did to you. That's between the 2 of you. It's YOUR job to test and clearly describe any and all issues with the guitar YOU sold to me.

• Members

Dude I don't care what your seller did to you. That's between the 2 of you. It's YOUR job to test and clearly describe any and all issues with the guitar YOU sold to me.

I didn't even know there is both a XT and a Slammer Diablo. Nor did I care. So I post the best pictures I can and let the buyer sort it out. Just to make sure I state clearly it's Asian made.

• Members

I didn't even know there is both a XT and a Slammer Diablo. Nor did I care. So I post the best pictures I can and let the buyer sort it out. Just to make sure I state clearly it's Asian made.

You know now. What are you gonna do about it? Just tell me to go screw the next unsuspecting buyer???

Open a case with your seller if you feel like you were scammed too.

But as far as I am concerned, YOU sold a misrepresented guitar to me. So you owe me something. If you want to recover it from your seller that's your problem. I have to recover it from MY seller, which is YOU.

I am sure as {censored} not going to pass this problem to the next buyer. If you want back it's ALL YOURS, but shipping is on you.

• Members

You know now. What are you gonna do about it? Just tell me to go screw the next unsuspecting buyer. Open a case with your seller if you feel like you're scammed.

But I never claimed it is an XT. The idea that it is an XT is yours. You never asked either.

I put it on Ebay the way I got it and made sure that the pictures are sufficient to see every detail. It's you who failed to do his research.

• Members

But you did have the guitar and you could've checked it over.

Billy is pissed, perhaps maybe over the top pissed, but you're not taking responsibility for the item you sold. You had it in your possession, you could've checked everything over to make sure it was all ok. Pictures or no pictures, you're being a dildo.

Man up, give him the $40 he wants or wait for the eBay case and you'll lose, sellers NEVER win.

eBay will likely say that it's seller misrepresentation.

• Members

But I never claimed it is an XT. The idea that it is an XT is yours. You never asked either.

I put it on Ebay the way I got it and made sure that the pictures are sufficient to see every detail. It's you who failed to do his research.

I did not say anything about XT. I said XT is what the line is called now, that'st all.

I assumed it was a IMPORT SERIES Hamer please see link below:

http://www.vintageguitar.dreamhosters.com/1877/the-history-of-hamer-part-four/

This is how Hamer Import series are identified:

"Since Korean manufacturers have dramatically improved their quality in recent years, these are high-quality guitars, designed in the U.S. and made overseas. Hamer’s Korean Imports carry the Hamer logo (no “USA,” see the sidebar on logos)."

That's what the pictures you posted depict. A guitar with a Hamer logo and NOTHING else. I did not see the paint on the pictures until I specifically looked for it after I saw the guitar in person.

You really want me to believe that YOU didn't see the paint while you had the guitar IN YOUR {censored}ING HANDS but *I* should have seen it in the pictures? Come the {censored} on!! Did you look at the pictures before you posted them???

You just keep lying. There is NO WAY you will convince me you did not know what you were doing, having the guitar in hand, but I should know just by looking at internet pictures!!!

• Members

Man up, give him the $40 he wants or wait for the eBay case and you'll lose, sellers NEVER win.

eBay will likely say that it's seller misrepresentation.

But Billie isn't asking for $40, unless I miss something. In fact I can't figure out what he wants. He never asked for a refund.

Last time I heard he was asking to buy a whole Floyd to replace the nut. I'm not making this up. Just look at how he's posting here right now. There are no concrete demands that I could agree to if I wanted. All I see is him causing more and more trouble.

Archived