eBay during the Holidays = facepalm

guitarbilly74

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Again, you're a better man than I am, Billy. After painting over the portion of the headstock declaring the fiddle to be a Slammer model, selling it under false pretenses, and THEN have the rotten vag enough to claim that YOU were in the wrong? I'd have his username plastered over every forum on this {censored}ing website. Truth.

• Members

here's the headstock of the guitar I got, clearly painted over the logo, holy {censored} I am pissed. I HOPE eBay helps me with this one.

hamerheadstock.jpg

Was this pic there when he listed this ad? Looks like he'll say that you didn't see that he had painted over the Slammer part below the logo. It still doesn't make it right that he FAILED to mention it.

• Members

Again, you're a better man than I am, Billy. After painting over the portion of the headstock declaring the fiddle to be a Slammer model, selling it under false pretenses, and THEN have the rotten vag enough to claim that YOU were in the wrong? I'd have his username plastered over every forum on this {censored}ing website. Truth.

I'm not being that better man, just avoiding anything that can be influence eBay's decision like harassment etc...

He claims I'm in the wrong because:

1- I had to change bank accounts on PayPal. His payment was still pending when I had to do it so I asked PayPal to stop payment from my old account and put it on my new debit card instantly. He got paid anyway. He says I attempted to "cancel payment" on him by doing that :confused: . Thankfully eBay and PayPal are the same company and can verify my story, I even gave them the trnsaction IDs so I am not concerned about that accusation at all.

2- he says I should have asked if the guitar was a Slammer. How would I even think of doing that if it didn't say Slammer anywhere on it? I will concede that I didn't notice the painted headstock in the auction picture when I looked at it. I was not looking for paint over the headstock ann I have an anti-glare screen on my monitor which makes small details hard to see. Once I got the guitar it was BLATANT though. I then reviewed the pictures on the auction and noticed it but it's the kind of stuff you may not see if you're not looking for it. I also JUST noticed he scratched the "Made in xxxx" off the back of the headstock. :rolleyes:

Not too mention that floyd is stripped and the tone knob is damaged.

Worst deal ever, {censored} this guy. The more I research about him the more I am convinced he knew EXACTLY what he was doing. I'm sure he was just hoping he would get a noob that wouldn't notice/care about these things. Unfortunately, he got me :lol:

• Members

Was this pic there when he listed this ad? Looks like he'll say that you didn't see that he had painted over the Slammer part below the logo. It still doesn't make it right that he FAILED to mention it.

Yes, it was. And I did not noticed that before I bid. That's my share of responsibility I guess. But I was not looking for it and I have an anti-glare screen on my monitor. I took it off to look at it (after I saw the guitar in person) and yes it was there.

But still, this is stuff that should be described in the text of the auction. You just DON'T paint over a logo, scratch the "Made in xxxxx" off the back and just "fail to mention" that in the description. That's just ridiculous.

I'm asking this {censored}er to give me $40 back of the total price to make things right and call it a day and he won't even do that. So {censored} him.

• Members

Yes, it was. And I did not noticed that before I bid. That's my share of responsibility I guess. But I was not looking for it and I have an anti-glare screen on my monitor. I took it off to look at it (after I saw the guitar in person) and yes it was there.

But still, this is stuff that should be described in the text of the auction. You just DON'T paint over a logo, scratch the "Made in xxxxx" off the back and just
"fail to mention"
that in the description. That's just ridiculous.

I'm asking this {censored}er to give me $40 back of the total price to make things right and call it a day and he won't even do that. So {censored} him.

Okay. Spitroast time on behalf of guitarbilly. Who is this assbag? I think I might know, but want to reserve that until I'm certain...

• Members

But still, this is stuff that should be described in the text of the auction. You just DON'T paint over a logo, scratch the "Made in xxxxx" off the back and just
"fail to mention"
that in the description. That's just ridiculous.

You do have a right for a partial imo because he FAILED to mention the Slammer part. That's pretty misleading.

• Members

You do have a right for a partial imo because he FAILED to mention the Slammer part. That's pretty misleading.

That's not just misleading, that's scamming. Billy specifically stated that he would never have bid on the thing if he had known what it actually was.

• Members

That's not just misleading, that's scamming. Billy specifically stated that he would never have bid on the thing if he had known what it actually was.

Exactly. It's scamming and coming from someone with a considerable post history here and other forums. He know what he was doing. It was deliberate. It's unfortunately from him the guitar wasn't bought by a noob so he couldn't get away with it.

• Members

That's not just misleading, that's scamming
. Billy specifically stated that he would never have bid on the thing if he had known what it actually was.

However you put it, it is obvious that this seller is dishonest from how he conducted himself. I do hope this gets resolved.

As much as evilBay hosts crooks, there are still some reputable and honest folks out there.

• Members

So, sitting around here bored I was looking through his feedback and stumbled upon the auction where he bought the guitar in question. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=280580308261&si=odrF82il3m1CJQ6vQAQVfEDFjHA%253D&viewitem=#ht_609wt_1139

The logo was already painted and the "made in XXX" stamp removed at that point, so he may have had a case that he didn't know what was up. That is until you see that the negative feedback he left the first seller reads "Too much. You painted over the "Slammer" logo, tone pot and Floyd arm nut busted". :cop:

• Members

So, sitting around here bored I was looking through his feedback and stumbled upon the auction where he bought the guitar in question.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=280580308261&si=odrF82il3m1CJQ6vQAQVfEDFjHA%253D&viewitem=#ht_609wt_1139

The logo was already painted and the "made in XXX" stamp removed at that point, so he may have had a case that he didn't know what was up. That is until you see that the negative feedback he left the first seller reads "Too much. You painted over the "Slammer" logo, tone pot and Floyd arm nut busted".
:cop:

WHOA!!!!! Shane, I {censored}ing love you, man!!!! Can I hug you in a totally brotherly, heterossexual manner??? :love:

• Members

Daaaaaammmn, he sure did leave negative feedback for that guy for the SAME thing he did. Wow, what an absolute complete total asshat. He has 100% feedback too. Unreal someone would be this blatantly dishonest, absolutely knowing the problem and even chastising someone else for it. Out this assclown...

This. Tell us who he is, Billy. He's way past earned it at this point.

Archived