UPS vs the 6505+ 112 combo... PICS of the carnage.

NixerX

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They aren't gentle with their boxes, but 99% of the time when I see something with a beat up box, the contents are fine (as long as they are packed properly). but with UPS, I see a lot, what appears to be, deliberate damage. You look at something like this and you think "There is no {censored}ing way this happened on accident".

• Members

A few years ago. I ordered a cherry media cabinet for my wife. It came via UPS and arrived crushed and broken. I could hear the glass rattling around inside so I knew it was f$cked. I called the company and they shipped out another one with FedEx and it arrived just fine. The packing was EXACTLY the same. GO FIGURE.

-Mike

• Members

Just curious how it was packed. Was it double boxed like- bubble wrap/box more bubble wrap and a second box? It's pretty hard to damage the contents of a package like that without major destruction to the exterior of the box, which in this case, besides the water is not obvious. Not saying you didn't pack it right dude just wondering how it was packed.

• Members

Just curious how it was packed. Was it double boxed like- bubble wrap/box more bubble wrap and a second box? It's pretty hard to damage the contents of a package like that without major destruction to the exterior of the box, which in this case, besides the water is not obvious. Not saying you didn't pack it right dude just wondering how it was packed.

Bubble wrap isn't going to do much to lessen any crushing blows/falls sustained by something as heavy as a tube amp combo. All you guys really need to learn how to use packing peanuts when shipping amps. Especially when shipping UPS.

• Members

It wasn't brotha...... UPS will stack packages and sometimes other packages are HEAVY.... Other times, forklift incidents occur etc...... Lemme give you an example.

I use to build and assemble high performance racing engines...... CAST IRON, ALUMINUM, BILLET...... UPS somehow cracked a block, indented a cylinder head and destroyed the steel brackets which were gusseted holding the engine in place.......... How?

It was stabbed with a forklift and then, that broke the frame, when they lifted it afterwords thinking "OOPs"... the engine shifted inside because the cradle was damaged, unbalanced itself and then fell 20 feet off the forklift after they lifted it.....

Next one, ON my DOORSTEP! They dropped my jcm800 in a headcase onto the package with my Custom Made Dean guitar and the corner of the amp heads flight case crushed the floyd rose post, cracked the top etc.... they drove away.

• Members

Part of it largely depends on your local courier too. I have better odds with UPS than FedEx. Had a guitar shipped to me in a picture box once (picture as in wall art). The Fedex person who sold the box to seller told them it would be just fine. Just fine with a neck crack at the 7th fret when it arrived that is.

Honestly, I have yet to have an issue with a UPS shipment personally. I have also learned that if what's being sent is that important I pay the extra for signature confirmation and $1000 insurance. The delivery people always are happy to bring the package into the house for me without fail.

• Members

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

and not to be racist, but lashauwnda or louqwueesha seem to ALWAYS be there when i do anything like running errands. the dmv, post office, you name it, some {censored}ing ignorant, apothetical bitch is there giving me that {censored}ing "mmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmm" look. GODDAMNIT

Archived