What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what rye do you like the most? ive been doing old overholt a lot lately too - that {censored} is instant chest hair but i dig it

I really like Old Overholt, regardless of price, but when you factor that in it's a clear winner.

Probably Whistle Pig, but the regular Sazerac and their Thomas H Handy variety are up there.

• Members

Costco brand.

They don't actually MAKE anything, so you know it's just another brand, relabeled. I wonder which one it is?

Right, but it may not be simply a bottle of so & so; they probably contracted a distiller to do something. Its much better than a common bottle of standard white label whatever. Anyhow.. give it a try if ur inclined, u might like it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Mrs. IHJ and I tried a sample of Willett Family Estate 8 year old bourbon at a local liquor store on Tuesday. Neither of us are big whiskey drinkers but we ended up buying a bottle, even though it's pricy stuff for us. Our bottle is #55 from a batch of 180 bottles, I think. Even though it's 138 proof, it's a very smooth, flavorful whiskey that is perfect for sipping. Maybe a splash of water is all it needs, but we drank it straight at the store.

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1055712#moreinfo

• Members

Today, I found a bottle of my Dad's favorite liqueur, Irish Mist. Haven't seen it in years and am sitting knocking it back from Dad's favorite glass for drinking it: A miniature mug made of crystal that holds about two ounces. I gave it to him when I guess I was 10 or 12. Now it's come back to me after about 45 years and now it's my favorite glass, too. Just for grins, Dad used to lift his pinky while he sipped his Irish Mist--those big meaty machinist's hands! He was one hell of a man and this September will be 10 years since he passed. Thanks, Dad!

Archived