What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Members
Nice.. must be the lack of cutting, and or some good aging then..

Must be, I visit a local Irish pub in Duluth Mn called Dub Linns Irish Pub, with a very large single malt scotch selection. I have on two different occasions had a glass of Aberlour A'Bunadh which is right around there as well. I drink it with a bar straw or two full of water, and it numbs my gums and cheeks, its awesome. :)

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a really good Speyside over the weekend, Glenrothes '94 that was great. I might branch out and try more Speysides. Also if you don't have it yet I highly recommend Dave Broom's The World Atlas of Whisky.

I have a bottle of the Glenrothes '94 -- not my favorite but a unique flavor.

Dood,...I gotta pickup a bottle of the Woodford Rye.

• Members

Damn! None! Not Bourbon (the only whiskey I like), not Rum (my fav spirit), not Tequila (my 2nd fav), not Grey Goose, not Ramazotti, nothing. Too damn many drugs in my system for/from the hip replacement so I've not touched a drop for 2 1/2 weeks and I don't know know long it will be till I can touch it again.....Maybe I'll go "cold turkey" on Saturday so I can lift a glass for New Year's!

Drink up, lads and lasses!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by newholland

View Post

happy new year bill! damn... we oughter set down with some whiskey!

Dan,..my Bro,....Happy New Year to you too.

I'll contact you soon,...we need to hang out and sip some nectar of the Gods soon.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by almightycrunch

View Post

Now I may be a bit of a strange bird when it comes to scotch I guess. My first introduction to single malts was a bottle of Laphroaig 10 year, and I loved it instantly. So obviously Im a big fan of the "bold" scotches.

I have taken a tour around the regions via bottles, and my first stop with Highlands that caught my fancy was the Glenmorangie original 10 year. What a wonderfully complex and fan-frickin-tastic scotch. After the 10 year, I tried the Quinta Ruban and the Lasanta, and being a fan of the bolder scotches I prefer the 10 year original over either of these as well.

Laphroaig is just too peaty for me... Lasanta is great as well and so is the Nectar D'or.... but the Original to me is I guess a more pure Scotch... the others are nice but my default will always be the Original...

I also REALLY like Macallan 12 year old

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cibyl

View Post

I have a bottle of the Glenrothes '94 -- not my favorite but a unique flavor.

Dood,...I gotta pickup a bottle of the Woodford Rye.

I was taken aback by the overt salt water taste it had, I really dug that. The Woodford's is an interesting experiment I can get behind both styles of aging for very different reasons.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rizza

View Post

It's not great, a bit overpriced, but it works well as a 'party' whiskey; ie. for shots and with coke, I reckon.

This.

Definitely don't waste anything good if you're doing that with it! cop.gif

In other news though, I managed to eke out enough remaining Christmas money to fund a bottle of this. There shall be no whisky famine in my house after all... love.gif

12_year.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JRBain

View Post

This.

Definitely don't waste anything good if you're doing that with it! cop.gif

In other news though, I managed to eke out enough remaining Christmas money to fund a bottle of this. There shall be no whisky famine in my house after all... love.gif

12_year.jpg

My pops got that for me for Christmas a few years ago, great stuff!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

View Post

My pops got that for me for Christmas a few years ago, great stuff!

Nice, isn't it? My first Balvenie. I know next to nothing about the Scotch I enjoy drinking so much, but I don't like this quite as much as my Aberlour favourites (A'bunadh,and the 16yo). With that said, I knew that I wouldn't, and I haven't tried the Aberlour 10 or 12 for a fairer comparison.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JRBain

View Post

Nice, isn't it? My first Balvenie. I know next to nothing about the Scotch I enjoy drinking so much, but I don't like this quite as much as my Aberlour favourites (A'bunadh,and the 16yo). With that said, I knew that I wouldn't, and I haven't tried the Aberlour 10 or 12 for a fairer comparison.

Well seeing that you like Balvenie and Aberlour I'd say you like the Speyside region a lot ha. I'd check out the Glenrothes I mentioned earlier, they'll have similar characteristics though Glenrothes is a lot like the A'bunadh where it's made a little different every time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived