What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Marc G

View Post

lol...yeah...I just checked the bottle I have!! 10 years it is.... good stuff... I really love it..

I, like Benjamin, am a huge fan of the HP 12 year, if Im buying within this price range, it is either the HP 12 or the Glenmorangie 10, without a doubt. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

View Post

100?

Or 21yr?

Just the 100; seems very good in the bang-for-the-buck area

View Post

I also drank this yesterday:

Screen-shot-2011-01-03-at-7.01.33-PM-791

It's good but I'll never drink more than 4-5 fingers at a time, of it again.

huh, madison, WI - that's my home town. nice to see a small distillery opening up there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Bushmills 10 Year Old Single Malt. Saw this at the lickastoe and thought I'd give it a shot. I know I like single malt Scotches, after all, and I know I prefer regular Bushmills and Black Bush to Jamesons, so how could I go wrong?

Interesting whiskey. It's light, sweet, and clean even compared to the lightest, sweetest and cleanest SM Scotches I've tried. I don't know if I'll buy it again, but it would make a great gateway whiskey to the more complex stuff. At $35, not horribly priced either.

7317377412_8f94fbf0da_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Sweet -- I was looking for this thread the other day and couldn't find it. Just got these two the other day from DrinkupNY.com

2012-06-23_09-50-08_675.jpg

2012-06-10_16-39-20_838.jpg

The Rowan's Creek is quite excellent and at 100.1 proof it's pretty smooth. Kinda got a carmel/brown sugar thing going on,...citrus, slight floral,..taste some rye in there too. Oh, chocolate hints as well.

The Whistle Pig rye -- holy {censored},...it's amazing stuff. My favorite right now -- so many flavors going on, wood, leather, mint, pecan pie, slight pepper, sliht cotton candy and licorice. Never had anything quite like it -- I ordered another bottle just to have because they only produce 1,000 cases a year. Ridiculously tasty whiskey.

Also got a bottle of this at the ABC store:

2012-06-10_16-39-49_395.jpg

This whiskey got some mixed reviews but I think it's damn good. A little heavy on the oak side but not overdone IMO. Good sweetness, some smoke, toasty nuts,... really good after dinner, sipping bourbon.

• Members

Me too, actually. My wife surprised me with a liter bottle this past Tuesday, after what she knew was an extra {censored}ty day at work for me. I don't think I've ever had Jameson in my home before, just because it's such an easy standby to find at the bar. It's good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Riffraff12571

View Post

jameson.jpg

• Members

View Post

Whistle Pig is what started this thread. Make it in a Manhattan and thank me later...

I haven't had the Woodford Double Oaked but I did get a bottle of this last weekend:

prichards-double-barreled.jpg

Looks tasty -- will have to purchase and try. thumb.gif

Archived