What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Members

I'm enjoying some Woodford Reserve tonight -- fantastic, fantastic Bourbon.

woodford.jpg

They're coming out with a Rye selection this year, one in a new cask and one in a used cask, might try to pick them up if they aren't too pricey. Which they will be, and who am I kidding I'll probably pick them up anyway.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're coming out with a Rye selection this year, one in a new cask and one in a used cask, might try to pick them up if they aren't too pricey. Which they will be, and who am I kidding I'll probably pick them up anyway.

Rye,...nice. I recently bought a bottle of this,...very interesting stuff:

Bulleit%2BRye.jpg

• Members

I'm going to drink bourbon with coke and ice, so I don't usually go much more high end than Jim Beam or Wild Turkey. That said after a recommendation, I've been drinking the regular Evan Williams which is a pretty good tasting whiskey for the cost (it's a couple bucks less a bottle than Jim around here). Tastes like a Jack and coke when mixed but it's easier straight than Jim.

• Members

For someone who usually likes smooth or sweet drinks and is unfamiliar with American whiskey, what would you guys recommend if the choice stood between Maker's Mark and Buffalo Trace? I usually go for on the rocks or basic mixed drinks.

• Members

For someone who usually likes smooth or sweet drinks and is unfamiliar with American whiskey, what would you guys recommend if the choice stood between Maker's Mark and Buffalo Trace? I usually go for on the rocks or basic mixed drinks.

As a better starting point, Id recommend Jim Beam (black or standard), its actually a good smooth Bourbon.

• Members

I've gotten to try Johnnie Walker Blue Label scotch whiskey recently. My buddy recently got married and three different co-workers each bought him a bottle of the Blue, each! eek.gif We cracked open a bottle during the wedding shower (at least the guy side of it in the garage icon_lol.gif) and tried it out. Me and him smoke a good cigar while drinking it and damn, that is the absolute smoothest scotch I have ever tried! Smooth and smokey without smoking with it and very velvety with a caramel quality to it while smoking. At $240 a bottle, you won't see me buying it soon, but damn, it has ruined some scotches for me now facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FuelGTRX

View Post

I've gotten to try Johnnie Walker Blue Label scotch whiskey recently. My buddy recently got married and three different co-workers each bought him a bottle of the Blue, each! eek.gif We cracked open a bottle during the wedding shower (at least the guy side of it in the garage icon_lol.gif) and tried it out. Me and him smoke a good cigar while drinking it and damn, that is the absolute smoothest scotch I have ever tried! Smooth and smokey without smoking with it and very velvety with a caramel quality to it while smoking. At $240 a bottle, you won't see me buying it soon, but damn, it has ruined some scotches for me now facepalm.gif

The Blue rocks - my uncle got a bottle as a business gift a while back. I was 19 at the time and asked to try it on Christmas Eve and he said, "You can have the whole bottle if you want...I don't really drink much."

Then my mom saw it and told him how much the bottle costs and told him about what he was giving away. frown.gif

Archived