Photo of White House Situation Room DURING bin Laden assault

Murdoch

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it's like 100 feet tall?

Well {censored}, build it up from one of those lower basement compound levels, this is 'Murrica, dammit, with all the situations we get ourselves into, we need a REAL Situation Room, dammit! {censored} we got now looks like a converted broom closet! :o

• Members

See, now THAT'S a goddamn situation room! How the hell is that room not in the freaking White House?!

I didn't really even take notice until you guys brought that up. The real situation room looks like the meeting room you get stuck in when all the good meeting rooms have already been booked. What a letdown.

• Members

I didn't really even take notice until you guys brought that up. The real situation room looks like the meeting room you get stuck in when all the good meeting rooms have already been booked. What a letdown.

The wall they don't show is the awesome one, with the real-time holographic satellite imagery. ;)

• Members
The wall they don't show is the awesome one, with the real-time holographic satellite imagery.
;)

Pretty much this. I'd say that room is MUCH larger than that photo indicates, and even more classified.

• Members
I'm still disappointed they made him sit in the little pull up chair, instead of the big boy head of table chair
:(

Actually, ZT is mostly correct. The President only gives the authorization, the Military controls the actual proceedings. It's particularly refreshing that the President didn't feel the need to make himself the center of attention in this photo, but to give credit to those actually orchestrating the ground movements. Quite the change from the 'warrior sporting a codpiece' photo from several years ago.

• Members

You gotta hand it to the current administration for taking the ******** out, but he was there for maybe 6 years. Maybe the USA should review it's support/funding of the Pakistani nuclear program? PS sitrep rooms are usually small and in basements.

• Members

Someone should develop this technology

Once that's done, just hook it up to Hillary Clinton and make her sit in the same room as Sarah Palin, Monica Lewinsky, and Linda Tripp. Infinite energy.

• Members

Here ya go, fellas...

obama_sit_room_04.jpg

Still pretty disappointing. Most of the meeting rooms in our office look a bit like that except bigger with much nicer screens.

But of course I work for ExxonMobil so I guess it is normal. After all we have been giving orders to the US presidents for decades ;-)

• Members

Actually, ZT is mostly correct. The President only gives the authorization, the Military controls the actual proceedings. It's particularly refreshing that the President didn't feel the need to make himself the center of attention in this photo, but to give credit to those actually orchestrating the ground movements. Quite the change from the 'warrior sporting a codpiece' photo from several years ago.

weak. is he going to let Pakistan raise it's flag above ours in his next meeting?

I've got a fever and the only cure is COD PIECE.

• Members
Still pretty disappointing. Most of the meeting rooms in our office look a bit like that except bigger with much nicer screens.

But of course I work for ExxonMobil so I guess it is normal. After all we have been giving orders to the US presidents for decades ;-)

I'm trying to laugh. :cry:

Archived