Photo of White House Situation Room DURING bin Laden assault

Murdoch

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a big moment. It ain't THAT big a moment. It's an important pic, though.

This. It's no Iwo Jima or anything like that, or the picture taken right when Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald, but they'll be referencing this picture for a lot of years, I think.

• Members

:lol:

Also, I wonder what that picture is on Hillary's laptop that's been pixellated? It can't be the compound, there are pictures of that floating around all over the news sites. It looks like an aerial view of something, but I can't tell what it is...

If you squint at the full size picture link posted here, you can tell that it is a picture of two men shaking hands. Your eyes will fill in the gaps in the pixels and complete the picture for you. A cool little trick our brains play...

• Members

If you squint at the full size picture link posted here, you can tell that it is a picture of two men shaking hands. Your eyes will fill in the gaps in the pixels and complete the picture for you. A cool little trick our brains play...

Your brain lays it's own interpretation on it when there isn't enough data. It's like seeing images in the clouds. To me it looks like an overhead satellite photo of the compound.

• Members

This. It's no Iwo Jima or anything like that, or the picture taken right when Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald, but they'll be referencing this picture for a lot of years, I think.

yeah my thoughts exactly. It'll make a text book in a couple decades. Wasn't indicating it was iconic by any means.

• Members

How long before a movie is made? I'd watch it.

They're already making one. Same director who made "The Hurt Locker". Bigelow, I think?

The project was already underway, with the working title of "Kill bin Laden", and then they actually do. Pretty sure it's going to be a big, big movie when it comes out.

• Members

How long before a movie is made? I'd watch it.

Only a matter of time. I just hope they base it on facts and not dramatize it too much. Love those kinds of movies.

I wouldn't be mad if they changed it to be based on a sniper mission though :lol: Snipers rule. :lol:

• Members

i'm really disappointed...
that's
the situation room? what a {censored}ty place. where's the giant map and dramatic lighting?

Pretty sure that's what they're looking at, and I'm also pretty sure that all of that stuff and its capabilities are highly classified.

• Members

Pretty sure that's what they're looking at, and I'm also pretty sure that all of that stuff and its capabilities are highly classified.

well, the situation room in 24 and in Dr. Strangelove were way better. Even the Austin Powers situation room was cooler.

• Members

They're already making one. Same director who made "The Hurt Locker". Bigelow, I think?

The project was already underway, with the working title of "Kill bin Laden", and then they actually do.
Pretty sure it's going to be a big, big movie when it comes out.

Oh it'll be EPIC! I nominate this guy to play Obama

dj-lance.jpg

Archived