Serious question: how the fark do you guys not like Load?

bullhead

• Members

my guess is that it went against the preconcieved notions of what a Metallica record should be... but this is the only one of their records i still listen to.

i don't see what's wrong with a fairly blues-oriented hard rock record with ridiculous production. does anyone else? :idk:

• Members

Because they kept the name Metallica while putting out a kickass hardrock album.

Its got some great songs on it. Its just...the name says "Metallica" and.....that has certain, non-Load like connotations.

Great album though once you get past that :freak: effect.

Also......how does this question come up monthly on an album that came out like 15 years ago? :lol:

• Members

Because it's rather generic.

I don't think there's much that is horrid about Load or Reload, but there also isn't anything there I ever feel like going back and listening too. To a similar degree, I never really listen to And Justice For All or the black album because IMHO, while good, they ain't great. If I have Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets to listen to, why listen to albums I don't like as much.

There is way, way too much music out there these days...too much music...and I have too little time to bother with anything that I don't consider cream of the crop. And for "blues-oriented hard rock" there are a hell of lot better choices that either an album like Load or a band like Metallica.

• Members

No, it's because it goes against the preconceived notions of what a metal album should be.

There's no accounting for taste.

See above.

Awww, {censored} chad. Just noticed your sig. They're making you pay for that damn water line they broke? :(

I sort of figured they would cause water companies tend to be assholes about that sort of thing. Sucks man. :(

Archived