Serious question: how the fark do you guys not like Load?

bullhead

• Members

Can you play it on Lars' head repeatedly?

NO! :mad:

It will ruin the tone :lol:

• Members

Awww, {censored} chad. Just noticed your sig. They're making you pay for that damn water line they broke?
:(

I sort of figured they would cause water companies tend to be assholes about that sort of thing. Sucks man.
:(

Well, it's a little more complicated than that. I have to pay for it if the "certified plumber" I have to hire finds that the 8 foot trench they dug in my (and all my neighbor's) property didn't "disturb" the curb box. So...he said "You deal with everything, and maybe we'll pick up the tab."

So, I gotta have some cash to cover just in case they make me pay for it.

• Members
Load is like Little Caeser's pizza. If you go to Little Caeser's when you're in the mood for pizza, you'll think, "What the hell is this crap? This isn't real pizza. Yuck." But if you just treat Little Caeser's like it's its own thing--not like it's pizza--it's pretty decent. Same with Load. If you think of it as a Metallica album, you'll be disappointed. If you think of it as its own thing, its pretty good.

• Members

Well, it's a little more complicated than that. I have to pay for it if the "certified plumber" I have to hire finds that the 8 foot trench they dug in my (and all my neighbor's) property didn't "disturb" the curb box. So...he said "You deal with everything, and maybe we'll pick up the tab."

So, I gotta have some cash to cover just in case they make me pay for it.

Well, ok, at least that's a maybe you're about to get raped by the water company instead of YOU ARE getting the shaft.

I'm sure it was 100% coincidence they did all that work right in front of your house and then your water line just up and cracked. :rolleyes:

Hope it goes your way on that man.

• Members

Load
is like Little Caeser's pizza. If you go to Little Caeser's when you're in the mood for pizza, you'll think, "What the hell is this crap? This isn't real pizza. Yuck." But if you just treat Little Caeser's like it's its own thing--not like it's pizza--it's pretty decent. Same with
Load
. If you think of it as a Metallica album, you'll be disappointed. If you think of it as its own thing, its pretty good.

like button = clicked

• Members

Load
is like Little Caeser's pizza. If you go to Little Caeser's when you're in the mood for pizza, you'll think, "What the hell is this crap? This isn't real pizza. Yuck." But if you just treat Little Caeser's like it's its own thing--not like it's pizza--it's pretty decent. Same with
Load
. If you think of it as a Metallica album, you'll be disappointed. If you think of it as its own thing, its pretty good.

Excellent comparison man. :thu:

• Members

I thought so too, but the guy at the PW Department says they didn't change the curb box. Which I find is odd given that they dug out the grand canyon on my entire street. I've learned my lessons though. 1. Take tons of pictures. 2. Ask a {censored} load of questions.

• Members

Load was the album that got me into Metallica.. only due to when I was born. This was before I started to learn guitar.. yes, I actually appreciated music without it being related to who it was or how it was played.. or how technical it was. Who knew that it was possible?

Once I learned guitar, MOP and RTL shot up the charts and MOP is probably my favourite album. But Load has some great riffage and great tones/production. Load and Black would be my fave albums if I never picked up a guitar to play.. MOP is my fave overall. Pretty much love every song. Disposable Heroes, Leper Messiah, Orion, Damage Inc, all of them.

For Load, Outlaw Torn and Bleeding Me are great songs. King Nothing is like a poor mans Sandman. I like alot of the lesser ones like 2x4, Ain't My Bitch, Thorn Within etc. Not great songs but I enjoy them regardless.

Your not a real man unless you can play MOP, Disposable Heroes, Damage Inc, Dyer's Eve and Blackened back to back.

A sad fact is RTL/MOP/Justice = 80's. Black and Load = 90's. The 80's couldn't last forever.. and both are better then 00's. "Metallica are supposed to be this or that". No Metallica can be whatever the {censored} they want, we get to choose if we like it though. And there's no right answer. The same way all those "great guitarist lists" are bull{censored}. No one will ever agree on a top 100 because no one has the same taste or an equally open mind to every style of music.

• Members

Old school metallica fans, who used to have Ride the Lightning glued to their ears from first thing in the morning are the types that hate {censored} like Load (i'm one of those btw). I queued up for four hours outside HMV in London when Black Album came out, despite constant rants by security/police to send most of us home. {censored} off, I'm going nowhere ya cunts!

The guys who only first heard of Metallica when Load came out are the ones who proclaim Load as their best.

No harm in either, I'm just of the former type. Their older stuff still resonates with me now as much as it did when I was 15. The newer disks hold very little for me. But I'm good with it... I'll still check out whatever they put out...

Archived