16 year old girl that would destroy 99% of the guys here on electric guitar...

dreamspace

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In high school I used to play in the classical orchestra (as a percussionist - it got me free drum lessons) and there were loads of girls in the orchestra who were classical musicians that were easily as good as the young ladies in this thread on a variety of instruments. I think these girls are great musicians, it's just youtube gives us a medium for them to show their playing to the world and that it's become more socially acceptable for them to like "male targeted music", and for them to choose "electric guitar" as an instrument.

Regardless of whether they're able to play it I hope they actually ENJOY playing,

• Members

:lol:
what are you talking about?
:lol:
you think they could devote the hrs reqd to develop that skill without enjoying it?

Yeah, quite easily, I've known a lot of folks have to take music lessons and develop incredible talents on an instrument only to give it up when they left their parent's influence and went away to college. As a small child I was allegedly fantastic at the piano (won scholarships and so on) I HATED playing that instrument. Gave it up as soon as I could.

• Members

on an unrelated note, as i have still not watched the video:

in advertising when they have girls holding guitars trying to look cool, youd think at least one photographer would say "hmm...her hand looks retarded. no one plays guitar like that, with all 5 fingers outstretched as if the strap broke, or limply flailing together like a retarded seal's flipper.... and i could swear a lot of guitar players use little plastic thing..."

but would that sell as many trapperkeepers? :cop:

in the same complaint: who the {censored} let those perfect pitch ads in the back of guitar world to ever be published? but then again, that magazine glorifies people like trivium :idk: *shudder*

• Members

Ed

She plays it better than me & I got it down tight (so I thought) - {censored} {censored}. What is that touch pad looking thing behind the bridge that drops pitch like a wammy bar ?!?!?!?! Seriously, WTF is that - I gotta know - never seen anything like that.

Archived