16 year old girl that would destroy 99% of the guys here on electric guitar...

dreamspace

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Definately good..... but the music is terrible, and a lot of times you see these young kids playing great covers a few years later you still just see them playing covers on youtube, maybe sometimes being able to mimic other guitar players well kills their own creativity? One thing I can bet is that she took lessons...... I was about as good at 16 as I am now and I am not too bad of a hack, but I started playing at 7 and it took me 2 years just to figure out how to strum the damn thing.

• Members

Great sweep picking. Bad vibrato. I guess I am also a little bit old school and believe that unless you are in the studio trying to get a really clean take, you should learn how to control string noise without the hair thing on the strings. The first chick has a better grasp on phrasing also. That could be argued though since both are very different styles.

• Members

Great sweep picking. Bad vibrato. I guess I am also a little bit old school and believe that unless you are in the studio trying to get a really clean take, you should learn how to control string noise without the hair thing on the strings. The first chick has a better grasp on phrasing also. That could be argued though since both are very different styles.

Very different styles and I respect both as they both destroy me. The girl playing mea culpa has gotten much {censored}ing better since that video and I like that she's using a cheap cam, a schecter, and a line 6 in the videos... no studio and pro gear.

• Members

Ya know, that just got me thinkin'

Why isnt there like a big time instrumentalist guitarist that is well known, such as Vai or Satch, out there that is a woman?

AmIwrong?

Um.... did you ask something?

I'm too busy staring at that purple space vagina in your avatar to focus.

• Members

{censored}...99% of this forum IS better than me. Why the {censored} should I give care that this girl can play better than them too??? I don't. Why not just start a thread that says "WOW, THIS YOUNG WOMAN IS A PHENOMENAL GUITAR PLAYER!!!" No need to measure dicks where dicks don't exist.

• Members

Absolutely amazing! Definitely the best female guitarist I've seen. It blows me away that she was able to do Guthrie's tapping lick of death in WST and only used her right hand to tap ONCE on that whole run!
:eek:
Just incredible.

Pretty sure I've seen it notated by Guthrie it's not really a crazy tapping thing like you'd expect. There's only I think two taps in there, and in the video the girl I think just bailed on the 2nd one. That's not to say it's an easy thing to play though and she no doubt got closer to nailing it than I would.

• Members

Having grown up in a very physical and metally abusive alcoholic home getting beat within an inch of my life alot, i think my parents would have more liked to see me dead than play guitar.

Thats great that kids can play "Cliffs of Dover" by age 10, but for me at that age, i was just trying to stay alive.:mad:

Archived