16 year old girl that would destroy 99% of the guys here on electric guitar...

dreamspace

• Members
+1.

"Elevator music"

"Weather channel"

"Write a song"

She's 16. she has plenty of time to write, but she's at a taste/ability level waaaaaaaay beyond a lot of older men.

LOL Seriously, Elevator music or not, the OP is right, shes technically and musically better than 99% of the guys here. Im not a fan of her vibrato but shes only 16.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL Seriously, Elevator music or not, the OP is right, shes technically and musically better than 99% of the guys here. Im not a fan of her vibrato but shes only 16.

True, but just because she is 16 doesn't mean she hasn't been playing for at least 5-6 years already.

• Members
True, but just because she is 16 doesn't mean she hasn't been playing for at least 5-6 years already.

but that makes it even more impressive dont you think? Lets say that she started at 10 or 11, to become that good, that quick, especially at that age is crazy. Theres no way I would have been able to do that...

• Members

but that makes it even more impressive dont you think? Lets say that she started at 10 or 11, to become that good, that quick, especially at that age is crazy. Theres no way I would have been able to do that...

I think it depends on certain things such as knowing someone who plays (such as a parent), being dedicated to learning, having access to resources (such as YouTube), natural aptitude, etc.

When I started playing in the '80s at age 15 I didn't know a single person that played to lead by example. There wasn't a zillion videos around to give me any inspiration. Plus, I was definitely not a natural and not the most focused person so I was kind of a slow learner. Kids today have so many resources even if they don't know anyone else that plays.

It would have been a big help just to be able to watch all these YouTube videos of other people playing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

its awesome someone can play elevator/ dentist office/ weather channel music at such a young age.

...and next, your local forecast...

but no, shes technically very good.

qft

crap i didnt start playing til 17 good on her :thu:

Archived