Anyone besides me excited about The Darkness getting back together?

EricJohn

• Members

They are? Awesome! I loved their first album but the second one sucked donkey scrotum.

Yes I would agree with that. Permission to Land was awesome! The 2nd album, I liked One Way Ticket and Is it Just Me. Everything else was lame-o.

They're supposed to be working on a new album.

• Members

Wow! i hadn't heard, but this is great news. Such a sad day when they broke up -- and neither Stone Gods or Hot Leg were all that great.

They are? Awesome! I loved their first album but the second one sucked donkey scrotum.

this This THIS!!!

HATED the 2nd album! :mad: PTL was an awesome album -- they need to do another one just like it! :thu:

• Members
Dan's tone was always wicked man. I didn't even get the second album...but the first one sometimes gets a spin if I'm feeling silly!

Yeah I still listen to that album when I'm feeling like some good-time-don't-have-to-think-much-about-it rock and roll :)

• Members

Was watching some videos from the Download festival. What was interesting to note was - in this latest 'incarnation' of The Darkness, how much more guitar duties Dan Hawkins is handling now. Back circa 2003-2004, Dan was pretty much relegated to Rhythm, while Justin played most of the leads, and copious amount of 2nd guitar.

Now, it seems, Justin is focusing more on being a "front man," leaving the lionshare of the guitar playing to Dan.

Just an observation. Carry On... :phil:

• Members

Was watching some videos from the Download festival. What was interesting to note was - in this latest 'incarnation' of The Darkness, how much more guitar duties Dan Hawkins is handling now. Back circa 2003-2004, Dan was pretty much relegated to Rhythm, while Justin played most of the leads, and copious amount of 2nd guitar.

Now, it seems, Justin is focusing more on being a "front man," leaving the lionshare of the guitar playing to Dan.

Just an observation. Carry On... :phil:

Yeah I noticed that too, pretty cool imo, not that Justin isn't interested in guitars obviously but his brother always seemed in interviews to be more into gear and {censored}.

Archived