Anyone besides me excited about The Darkness getting back together?

EricJohn

• Members

Meh. They were funny for a bit, but really they never had much to offer that Spinal Tap hadn't done better already. For me, the joke wore out long before they split up - round about the time they started taking themselves seriously. Don't see the point of a comeback..... but then given quite a few folks on here are keen on it, obviously there is a market for them again - good luck to them.

• Members

Was watching some videos from the Download festival. What was interesting to note was - in this latest 'incarnation' of The Darkness, how much more guitar duties Dan Hawkins is handling now. Back circa 2003-2004, Dan was pretty much relegated to Rhythm, while Justin played most of the leads, and copious amount of 2nd guitar.

Now, it seems, Justin is focusing more on being a "front man," leaving the lionshare of the guitar playing to Dan.

Just an observation. Carry On... :phil:

I noticed the same thing too. From my own experience, it's REALLY difficult to be a frontman/lead guitar player. Very few guys pull it off. I think having another great guitarist really helps the frontman concentrate on vocals and entertaining.

• Members

Was watching some videos from the Download festival. What was interesting to note was - in this latest 'incarnation' of The Darkness, how much more guitar duties Dan Hawkins is handling now. Back circa 2003-2004, Dan was pretty much relegated to Rhythm, while Justin played most of the leads, and copious amount of 2nd guitar.

Now, it seems, Justin is focusing more on being a "front man," leaving the lionshare of the guitar playing to Dan.

Just an observation. Carry On... :phil:

Not sure you're right there really mate, there always were "Dan" solos and "Justin" solos...pretty much 50/50 as I can gather? I dunno about how it was split on the second album but I know there were tunes on the first album like Get your hands Off my Woman and Black Shuck where Justin didn't play at all (live anyway)

• 9 months later...

Archived