Customer service so bad you'd never buy from said company again.

EricJohn

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel that one buying junk american autos can expect their junk american service :)

Ive dealt with alot of BS service in my days here in the US, but the BBB always seems to help mitigation's move along efficiently. Or, at the least, make said company listen to you. I give the company the benefit of the doubt 1 time, then in a couple days if nothing happens, proceed to file a report. The way these work is that their bosses bosses must work down through the chain to the rep and fix the situation. Its a much "bigger deal" and really makes your rep sweat when his super-boss is breathing down his neck :)

• Members

ansgear.com

They are the biggest online store for paintball and airsoft {censored} in the USA. I play paintball as another hobby.

The company is run by a bunch of asshat aretards. Customer service tends to be insulting and they insist on {censored}ing up your order. Or they backorder {censored} to infinity and hold your money hostage. Issuing a refund takes 3 weeks, if you need to return something to get it replaced because they are incompetent with their shipping expect to wait for them to get it (even if you have given them a tracking #) take 3 days processing it and another 2 days packing up the replacement.

I'm not talking out of my ass, this is my experience with this company. Un {censored}ing believable right? :lol:

Auburn Musician (Auburn NY):

The owner is completly out of {censored}ing touch on how to sell instruments, his stock is garbage and I have gotten the run around EVERY time I'm in that scum hole. He is a clueless old {censored}.

Here are his gems, every time I should know better but I keep telling myself "maybe" :lol::

example 1:

me "what drum heads do you carry"

him "have the white ones and the clear ones with the black dot in the middle" :facepalm:

example 2:

me

him "are you going to buy that"

me "maybe"

him "well we don't sell used gear here so put it back" :facepalm:

example 3:

(he is a peavey dealer)

me "can you order me a 5150 foot switch?"

him "yes but I need the serial of the amp and peavey doesn't make them that often so it will be like an 8 month wait and it will be $60" :lol::facepalm:

example 4:

me "do you have any direct boxes (bearing in mind he has PA {censored} all over his store)?"

him: "no sorry" :facepalm:

example 5:

EVERYTHING is marked at list, and yes he expects to get that price. :lol:

I'm convinced the only way he has stayed a float is due to the fact that he is a fixit place for gear like Behringer and the like because otherwise I don't get how he stays in business.

• Members

This year we purchased a Toyota minivan. The experience has been so terrible that my wife and I have decided we're trading it in for something that's not a Toyota. At this point I'd drive a Kia over a Toyota.

I was going to say Toyota too.

• Members

ansgear.com

They are the biggest online store for paintball and airsoft {censored} in the USA. I play paintball as another hobby.

The company is run by a bunch of asshat aretards. Customer service tends to be insulting and they insist on {censored}ing up your order. Or they backorder {censored} to infinity and hold your money hostage. Issuing a refund takes 3 weeks, if you need to return something to get it replaced because they are incompetent with their shipping expect to wait for them to get it (even if you have given them a tracking #) take 3 days processing it and another 2 days packing up the replacement.

I'm not talking out of my ass, this is my experience with this company. Un {censored}ing believable right?
:lol:

Auburn Musician (Auburn NY):

The owner is completly out of {censored}ing touch on how to sell instruments, his stock is garbage and I have gotten the run around EVERY time I'm in that scum hole. He is a clueless old {censored}.

Here are his gems, every time I should know better but I keep telling myself "maybe"
:

example 1:

me "what drum heads do you carry"

him "have the white ones and the clear ones with the black dot in the middle"
:facepalm:

example 2:

me

him "are you going to buy that"

me "maybe"

him "well we don't sell used gear here so put it back"

example 3:

(he is a peavey dealer)

me "can you order me a 5150 foot switch?"

him "yes but I need the serial of the amp and peavey doesn't make them that often so it will be like an 8 month wait and it will be $60"
:lol::facepalm:

example 4:

me "do you have any direct boxes (bearing in mind he has PA {censored} all over his store)?"

him: "no sorry"

example 5:

EVERYTHING is marked at list, and yes he expects to get that price.

I'm convinced the only way he has stayed a float is due to the fact that he is a fixit place for gear like Behringer and the like because otherwise I don't get how he stays in business.

God damn, that sounds almost exactly like a store called Melody Mart in my town.

2 gems from my experience with them....

Was asking them about tube amps back when I was getting into guitar. They told me that when tubes go bad, they explode inside the amp and you have to pay to get it cleaned. This is why they only carried SS Peavey amps.

Was checking out an Ibanez TC220 Talman they had in the shop. I haden't seen this guitar in there shop before and it was after they were discontinued so I assumed it was used. The price seemed a bit high so I asked if they would move on it. The owner said they don't move on the price of a new guitar. I asked him how it could be new. He said that it was a rental so it had been at someones house for the last 9 months and just returned to the store but it was totally new since no one had bought it. I said {censored} it and went home. Ended up grabbing a TC420 (a model higher) for half their asking price with a HSC on eBay a day later. {censored} them.

• Members

Direct Tv.

Wow...I really disagree with this. I am very picky about customer service and DirecTV is one of the few companies where I have been able to count on great customer service for many years now. When they haven't been able to fix or rectify an issue they have refunded me or pro-rated me money back. In general, I've had nothing but great luck with DirecTV.

For me it was my old Saturn wagon who's engine blew up sky high 1 week after it was paid off and it's warranty expired. I was very pissed off about that and the fact that they had the gall to even try to talk me into buying a replacement engine for it. One of the few places I've ever actually cussed out.

My prescription drug plan from work is through a company called Medco. You have to mail order your prescriptions and there is always a {censored}ing headache of some sort causing them to not fill the prescription or to only partially fill the prescription. They won't deal directly with the doctors so I have to act as a go between whenever one of these {censored}ups occur (and they always do). If i didn't need meds I would drop this so fast...but I'm stuck with them.

EDIT: I forgot United Airlines. I have to use them as they are my company airline, but they deliberately overbook flights and I have been stranded at the airport countless times because of them. They also show no interest in getting you on the next available flights. I've been stranded for up to 3 days at O'hare because of them before.

• Members

God damn, that sounds almost exactly like a store called Melody Mart in my town.

Was asking them about tube amps back when I was getting into guitar. They told me that when tubes go bad, they explode inside the amp and you have to pay to get it cleaned. This is why they only carried SS Peavey amps.

Was checking out an Ibanez TC220 Talman they had in the shop. I haden't seen this guitar in there shop before and it was after they were discontinued so I assumed it was used. The price seemed a bit high so I asked if they would move on it. The owner said they don't move on the price of a new guitar. I asked him how it could be new. He said that it was a rental so it had been at someones house for the last 9 months and just returned to the store but it was totally new since no one had bought it. I said {censored} it and went home. Ended up grabbing a TC420 (a model higher) for half their asking price with a HSC on eBay a day later. {censored} them.

:lol: @ rentals being considered new.

• Members

Dougs Tubes

What happened? And, for the record, I've done ALOT of business with Doug, and never a problem with an order. But, last few times I've emailed him for recommendations, he's been a real smart ass. In fact RUDE. Not sure what's happened, but I haven't bought from him since. NEVER had a problem with his service, his attitude has just gone to {censored}.

• Members

i just wanted to mention ive bought tubes from dougstubes 4 times and never had any problems.

Did you have a problem with his tubes? If not you're good in his book, have a question regarding his tubes in a negative way? Step back and watch the piss fly.

• Members

Apple. The customer service is so bad, and all the apple fans I know tell me that when their {censored} breaks... apple just tells them to buy a new computer. Then for some reason, they buy a new apple computer anyways... then break it two days after the manufacturer warranty expires.

Their customer service reps told me to {censored} off over the phone,
four times
. It took an hour long phone call to the head of apple canada to get my brother's {censored}ing iMac fixed when it {censored} the bed.

Apple has been the worst customer service experience for me and other family members too.

• Members

So your the one who that happened to :lol:. I remember reading that story here a long time ago, but didn't know who it was. I still crack up at that story.

• Members

What happened? And, for the record, I've done ALOT of business with Doug, and never a problem with an order. But, last few times I've emailed him for recommendations, he's been a real smart ass. In fact RUDE. Not sure what's happened, but I haven't bought from him since. NEVER had a problem with his service, his attitude has just gone to {censored}.

I think a few others have already chimed in about his attitude when a tube goes bad or problem arises. He acts like a baby. I bought some el34s that as soon as I put them in my amp it blew. Took out a SGR. I was willing to accept it was just my amp. I repaired the amp, put the tubes back in with the bias at lowest setting and it blew it up again. Ok, definitely bad tube. Call him, he tells me its impossible that its a bad tube and after a bit more of convincing him the tube was the culprit, he says send them back. I do, a few Weeks pass, still no tubes. I finally call him, he says they'll be going out that day. So it takes 2 weeks and a phone call to get my replacement tubes on their way. Also has to try and rub in that he has the tubes I sent back on his tester running strong for a week or some B.S. Whatever, just send me some replacements. I get them 5 days later. They are some of the coldest EL34s, because my xxx which has a big sweep in bias on el34 mode can barely get biased proper. Matched poorly. And they sounded like {censored}... Also his tube recommendations are a joke. Always the same.. Like all amps benefit from the same tubes. Come on, he didn't even know the xxx could run el34s. Oh yeah, that was another reason my amp blew up, it can't run EL34s. Lol

So the moral of the story, shop Tube Depot for tubes. The absolute best... Customer service x10. Good prices, quick ship..

Archived