Customer service so bad you'd never buy from said company again.

EricJohn

• Members

Have you ever dealt with a company in which your customer service experience was so awful that you never would buy from them or pay for their services again?

I am 41 years old and have ridden or driven in a Toyota vehicle my entire life. This year we purchased a Toyota minivan. The experience has been so terrible that my wife and I have decided we're trading it in for something that's not a Toyota. At this point I'd drive a Kia over a Toyota.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ford - The wifes 2006 Fusion engine went toast and had to get it replaced a month or so ago. Ford took no ownership on it at all....Look on the net and that same engine that was used in 2006 and 07 fusions, along with a bunch of Mazda cars have had them failing one after the other....

• Members

Apple. The customer service is so bad, and all the apple fans I know tell me that when their {censored} breaks... apple just tells them to buy a new computer. Then for some reason, they buy a new apple computer anyways... then break it two days after the manufacturer warranty expires.

Their customer service reps told me to {censored} off over the phone, four times. It took an hour long phone call to the head of apple canada to get my brother's {censored}ing iMac fixed when it {censored} the bed.

• Members

GE/Hotpoint appliances. Bought a fridge (made in China). 1 year and 1 month later, water valve goes out-no ice. No waranty left. $200 parts and labor. Next year, replaced water valve sticks open, frozen waterfall in freezer. $200 Parts and labor. Next year ice maker eats itself up. New ice maker $300. Next year compressor poops the bed. Fridge goes out to trash. Buys Mexican made Frigidaire with extended 3 year waranty. 2 years in, no problems. GE used to make decent stuff in the USA. Not anymore.

• Members

Kia - my 2003 Sorrento is a piping hot piece of {censored} but the dealer I went through was even worse than the car.

Come to think of it...... I loathe all car salesmen. Only thing worse is a lawyer. Oh {censored} I hate them too.

To review...... the hell with Kia, car dealers, car salesman and lawyers. Oh, and Ed Roman too.

• Members

Samash online sales - never again!

Total bait & switch. Last Christmas they had a sale on PRS singlecuts, and I ordered a honeybust with tremolo.

I talked to three SamAsh customer support reps who all confirmed I was going to be getting a PRS singlecut honeybust with tremolo.

A week later the guitar arrived - and it was a PRS Singlecut SE hardtail. ; (

Had a bit of hassle dealing with SamAsh customer service, attempting to obtain an RMA and a refund - the best they would offer was send the PRS back, and change the order for a Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster - at higher cost!

Luckily the Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster was backordered - and a few days later i cancelled the order - and finally I was credited with a refund.

Took 3 weeks.

• Members

Ford - The wifes 2006 Fusion engine went toast and had to get it replaced a month or so ago. Ford took no ownership on it at all....Look on the net and that same engine that was used in 2006 and 07 fusions, along with a bunch of Mazda cars have had them failing one after the other....

I hate to say it....but the car is 5-6 years old. They aren't obligated to do anything. That's why there are extended warranties.

I'd be super pissed as well, but cars break. {censored}, BMW and VW are having major issues with there HPFP's. People still buy them and they'll get fixed IF under warranty.

Plus, I think I remember you said you bought it used. I'd definitely consider warranties on used cars going forward.

• Members

it was a snowboard shop that was relatively new (open for maybe a year). I dropped a lot of {censored}ing money there, and one time I had to make an exchange. boring details bypassed, but it lead to me calling the owner of the shop a "stupid {censored}ing c.unt." which I had NEVER said in my entire life up to that point... he eventually understood what was going on, and everything worked out. I was left with such a bad {censored}ing taste in my mouth, I never even stepped foot in that store. It closed down 3 years later.

• Members

Verizon. I called to cancell TV and they said "cool we will send you a return box for your boxes".

About 3 days later I get 1 box, I need 2.

Call again, they are on strike ({censored}ING {censored}ING {censored}ING {censored}ING {censored}, SHUT THE {censored} UP YOU {censored}ING {censored}S YOU HAVE A JOB SHUT THE {censored} UP DAMN IT) ragegasm.

Call again, get someone they say NP we will send a box.

Wait a week, still no box.

Call again, NP we will getcha a box.

Wait another week, still no box.

Call again, ask to speak to manager.

Wait 3 days, I get a box.

2 months later, I find out they decided to charge me $10 a month for 50gigs of online backup storage. :lol:

I call, I'm irritated they tried to slip this on me without telling me (trust me, I'm on top of my {censored} like a hawk).

They say, np it will be credited next bill and dropped.... still waiting to see if this happens. Not very confident given my experience with just getting a piece of cardboard mailed.

Anyhow, they have failed sucked really bad in the past month. But for some reason I hate time warner even more, plus their net is garbage compared to FiOs so I just suck it up and deal with the bull{censored}.

• Members

Europcar: I rented a car in France for 5 days and all was well with the car (nice and clean, no issues). I drop it off in the parking garage the night before I flew home and dropped the keys in the drop-box. When I got home and carried on about my business, I checked my credit card and they had charged it 10 days after I returned it. When I wrote an email and called, they said that since I booked through a 3rd party company to get the cheapest rate, the issue was to be raised with them. This, of course, is total BS because it said EUROPCAR right on my statement. I called my credit card company, reporting the fraud and emailed them again telling them that there was no reason to hold my deposit and that my contract was followed accurately.

A month and a half passes and I call to see if they have their {censored} together because I hadn't gotten an email back or a call, nor a refund of the charges. They say that there was damage to the vehicle and that they were holding on to my deposit. They couldn't tell me much more since the offices are in a different country and they would have to get the paperwork from the location. They called back a couple days later saying that the location wasn't getting back to them and that their claim period had passed, so anything that they tried to claim towards my account was no longer applicable, so I would be getting a refund in 3-5 business days. Sweet, but when the charges came back to my account, there was another unexplained charge of $70 for no plausible reason. Complaint tax, I guess.

Terrible experience that took a very long time to get sorted out and it never did get completely sorted because they were either fabricating information, hoping I wouldn't notice $1500 worth of fraudulent charges on my account or tell me what they began to hold onto it for in the first place.

• Members

Best Buy.

Back in 2002, during a videogame purchase, Best Buy signed me up to an MSN account (back when MSN was competing with AOL) without my knowledge, resulting in a string of automatic bills for a service I never asked for. They lost my loyalty with that breach of privacy. Turns out I wasn't the only one -- Best Buy had signed hundreds, maybe thousands, of unsuspecting customers to mysterious MSN accounts. I used to spend thousands of dollars every year at Best Buy. I loved the prices and the great deals. Now I don't trust them. I hardly visit their stores anymore, and I don't miss it at all.

• Members

Chevrolet: Customer support from India.

Me: Yo, my starter isn't starting my Equinox.

Indian Lady: That's normal, thats how it is. Deal with it.

Me: But, I keep trying to start my car over and over.

Indian Lady: Yeah, ummm... what?

Me: Can I talk to your Supervisor.

Indian Lady: I am the supervisor.

Me: ..:: Head explodes::...

At least I wrecked the car a few months later. Got an import. Will never buy Chevrolet again. Ok, maybe a corvette :)

Archived