Customer service so bad you'd never buy from said company again.

EricJohn

• Members

AT and {censored}ING T. I've had countless issues with their customer service, but the absolute worst, was with U-verse TV (which I no longer have). Their DVR wouldn't process audio through my home theater when it was plugged in with HDMI. I looked up the issue, and the problem was supposed to be with the hardware. I called customer service to ask, got popped around to 4 different departments. Finally, a CSR told me that they came out with a new revision of the hardware that fixes the problem. I left work early so a tech could come by my house to bring/install the new dvr. When the tech came by, he told me that there isn't a new revision at all. He called his supervisor, who also said "wtf??". He brought in a new dvr, same issue. Called ATT and cussed up a mother{censored}ing storm.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chevrolet: Customer support from India.

Me: Yo, my starter isn't starting my Equinox.

Indian Lady: That's normal, thats how it is. Deal with it.

Me: But, I keep trying to start my car over and over.

Indian Lady: Yeah, ummm... what?

Me: Can I talk to your Supervisor.

Indian Lady: I am the supervisor.

Me: ..:: Head explodes::...

At least I wrecked the car a few months later. Got an import. Will never buy Chevrolet again. Ok, maybe a corvette
:)

I'm curious as to why you called customer support because it wouldn't start?

Capital One. I have a card with them, only, I don't as they closed the account. But, they didn't close it, its just restricted, so I have an account I just can't use it. Last time I was on the phone for forty-five minutes, talked to five different people, gave the account number and my info 4 times and after being on hold for 10 minutes while waiting to talk to a sixth person I said {censored} it, I don't want to talk to you.

Eventually I will have to talk to them again to close it for good. But never again will I have a Capital One credit card.

• Members

Dougs Tubes

Yep, bought some tubes from him had a meltdown and called him to make sure it wasn't a tube situation, basically licked my sack when I bought the tubes and turned into a complete c*nt when I asked him if his tubes could have caused the problem. Add extra points to the screaming kids in the background of our conversation; sounded like he worked at a {censored}ing daycare:lol:.

• Members

U.S. Airways. Flying home from L.A. with a plane change in Phoenix. Get to Phoenix and they tell me the flight has been cancelled. Go to counter to get re-booked on next available flight. After waiting in line for 90 minutes, finally get to the counter. They tell me the next available confirmed seat they have to anywhere within 6 hours of my final destination is in 5 days. I literally had to say WTF before the dude behind the counter realized that a 5 day delay might be a problem. Went online and was home the next day on a different airline. U.S. Airways suck.

• Members

Have you ever dealt with a company in which your customer service experience was so awful that you never would buy from them or pay for their services again?

I am 41 years old and have ridden or driven in a Toyota vehicle my entire life. This year we purchased a Toyota minivan. The experience has been so terrible that my wife and I have decided we're trading it in for something that's not a Toyota. At this point I'd drive a Kia over a Toyota.

SPRINT

always issues with billing when adding services or removing services

terrible customer service

impossible to cancel account

their customer support sucks balls.

• Members

{censored} AT&T !!!! They had a rep call our shop and tell us they had internet for our area so we signed up for it. Well a week later they come out and say we can't get it our area, but we had signed all the paperwork sent via fax. Well they sued us for $1,100 dollars for the contract of a years internet., that they could not provide and they won. We had to pay the total amount agreed in the contract even though they could not provide internet services for us. Their excuse was that the rep that called us was sub contracted and they don't take responsibility for their reps, but yet they could not provide the service sold to us. Damn I get pissed just typing this out!!!

• Members

Well my buddies and I went to a pho noodle joint nearby, and I ordered wonton noodle soup. My friends got their stuff like ten minutes before me and powered through it hungrily. By the time I got mine they were almost done. Man.

I think I'd buy from them again though, just because they're close.

• Members

{censored} AT&T !!!! They had a rep call our shop and tell us they had internet for our area so we signed up for it. Well a week later they come out and say we can't get it our area, but we had signed all the paperwork sent via fax. Well they sued us for $1,100 dollars for the contract of a years internet., that they could not provide and they won. We had to pay the total amount agreed in the contract even though they could not provide internet services for us. Their excuse was that the rep that called us was sub contracted and they don't take responsibility for their reps, but yet they could not provide the service sold to us. Damn I get pissed just typing this out!!!

Holy {censored}ing {censored}.

I would have contacted the media on that one.

• Members

Apple. Good luck gettin them to replace something when it's still under warranty. First they said I didn't register AppleCare and tried refusing service. Finall after three multiple hour trips to the apple store, I fought them hard enough to get a replacement for my non-functional home button on my iPhone. Sorry you "geniuses", but a factory restore cant fix broken hardware....especially after the first two visits.

• Members

A bunch...

Ford: I'm loathe to buy another thing after my Mondeo experiences. How you can make certain engine components out of plastic and still call it OK is beyond me. My plastic swirl plates in my intake fell apart at 50k and took out the top end of my engine. It's a common problem. I had too many other "common problems" on my Mondeo and my Mom's Focus to ever get back into another Ford car. I have a Mercedes A-Class now which is apparently the worst car in history for reliability, yet it's passed every MOT and is still running like a champ at 119k miles.

Apple: I owned a G5 back in the day and when I needed the use of Applecare and the Applestore technicians, all I got was snidey remarks, people talking to me like I was a 5 year old and hoardes of elitist wankers who, on explaining the problem and wanting a solution, all they could muster up was "should have a had a backup". {censored}ing wankers. Apple users of today are no different; features on the iPhone and iPad are stolen from other companies and when you point out a shortcoming in these wonder-devices (such as upgrading to IOS 5 on iPads decimates your company network settings requiring 500+ support calls from users to remedy the issue - {censored}ing really?) you only ever get some wank-toothed {censored}face going "Yea, I don't need to do that so it's all fine". Apple and Apple users need a flogging!

BT: Had home broadband from them; was paying for 20mb broadband and despite several expensive tech support calls and two engineer visits, I could never get over 4mb. They claimed it was my fault for living in a house so far from their exchange. I demanded reimbursement of what I'd spent for wasting my time as two neighbours had VirginMedia and were getting their 20mb broadband. They refused. I held out on paying the total of my final bill but then had no choice as they were going to trash up my credit rating. I had to pony up

• Members

The Fort William Procurator Fiscal.

Some dick drove his campervan into me on my motorbike and put me in hospital.

He never apologised even though we were sitting at the side of the road for 30 mins waiting on ambulance and he never told his insurance company either (pain in ass)

He got charged for careless driving.

I tried to find out if he ever got convicted for it. Called the procurator fiscal and they said they couldn't tell me over the phone and to submit it in writing.

I've written a letter a year since 2008 and never heard a peep.

Dicks - they're part of the civil service too.

So yeah, {censored} the procurator fiscal's - I won't use their services any more

hobo-with-a-shotgun-game.jpg

• Members

Got a contract phone. The phone had issues with bad reception, (turned out this was a common issue with that phone), but 3 didn't want to know. I was stuck with a useless phone for 18 months. Then I called to give them 30 days notice of cancelling my contract, got through to a call centre in India, eventually after a long time on hold was able to give them cancellation notice. All of a sudden they were as nice as pie, trying to get me to stay with 3, and I was like "sorry, you didn't want to help me when I was locked in the contract, I'm not going to listen to you now that I'm not".

The next month they continued to bill me. At that point I cancelled the direct debit and instructed the bank not to allow any further payments to them.

The following month 3 called me telling me I hadn't paid my bill. I told them I had cancelled the contract 2 months ago, they were just to stupid to listen. They then told me that I'd need to give them another 30 days notice. I told them they weren't getting another penny out of me as I had already given them notice, and then hung up.

Morons.

O2 on the other hand have English call centres and have been easy to deal with.

• Members

Music Ground in London. They sold me a JV Strat which actually turned out to not be a JV Strat at all. It was made up of different squier parts from different years just with a JV neck plate. They've also been in court for selling stolen high value guitars.

3 Mobile Network. Their head office is based in India I think and I can never understand anything they say and on top of that they don't do their paper work properly. I'm with Orange now and one of their head offices is only 1/4 of a mile from where I live and they've been great.

Harvey Nichols in London. A bunch of up tight snobs who probably earn less than I do yet still think you're {censored} and that you're wasting THEIR time while they could be waiting for that one rich person to come through and buy tonnes of over priced {censored}.

• Members

Got a contract phone. The phone had issues with bad reception, (turned out this was a common issue with that phone), but 3 didn't want to know. I was stuck with a useless phone for 18 months. Then I called to give them 30 days notice of cancelling my contract, got through to a call centre in India, eventually after a long time on hold was able to give them cancellation notice. All of a sudden they were as nice as pie, trying to get me to stay with 3, and I was like "sorry, you didn't want to help me when I was locked in the contract, I'm not going to listen to you now that I'm not".

The next month they continued to bill me. At that point I cancelled the direct debit and instructed the bank not to allow any further payments to them.

The following month 3 called me telling me I hadn't paid my bill. I told them I had cancelled the contract 2 months ago, they were just to stupid to listen. They then told me that I'd need to give them another 30 days notice. I told them they weren't getting another penny out of me as I had already given them notice, and then hung up.

Morons.

O2 on the other hand have English call centres and have been easy to deal with.

I had the EXACT problem with them. It took them 6 months of calls to get it that I wasn't going to pay them when my contract had ended. It ended with a very harsh phone call on my side telling them to pull their head out of their arse and get it that the contract had ended and they will not get any money from me.

• Members

TeliaSonera. I couldn't cancel my cell phone contract with them even though it had expired because I had agreed by phone to some bull{censored} "talk for 1 euro all Sunday" plan that was apparently a 12 months plan. They went to court for this {censored} and I don't think it's settled even now. The customer service basically told me to go {censored} myself. So I had a useless cell phone plan for nearly a year and had to pay 2e (minimum amount) a month for nothing. It's not a lot of money but it pisses me off that companies can get away with that kind of {censored}.

• Members

Dodge/Chrysler...

Had a 2001 Dakota with about 15k on it, still under full warranty etc. Doing about 10-15 mph exiting a parking lot, the front wheel snapped completely off!!! Ran into the grassy area nearby, and hit a small landscaping tree (maybe 1.5-2" in diameter). The vehicle ended up with a warped frame, and was declared total. We thought for sure that this was a warranty issue, and would be dealt with accordingly. NOPE...

Chrysler denied all liability, so the insurance had to pay for it. Which not only jacked the premium through the roof...but down the {censored}ter went the Ford Explorer that was traded in for it; and the 8 months worth of payments invested. Thank god the dodge dealership it came from were stand-up guys about the situation...they offered a brand new ram 1500 WELL below cost, just because they felt i had gotten screwed. I ended up buying a used honda from them instead, which they were also more than fair with me on.

• Members

Music Ground in London. They sold me a JV Strat which actually turned out to not be a JV Strat at all. It was made up of different squier parts from different years just with a JV neck plate. They've also been in court for selling stolen high value guitars.

Music Ground had all sorts of issues with faking high-end guitars and amps in-house and selling them off as the real thing. They also had a lot of fake Hiwatts.

They own the JMI name too, and they're doing a lot of "re-issue" stuff that has nothing to do with the originals.

They changed their name on ebay after they were found faking Marshalls, Hiwatts, Dumbles and rare/vintage guitars. They still trade under a number of names, but I'm not sure if it's the same management or other people just keeping the old name.

• Members

Atomic amps. I had one of the first reactor amps and it would not work with my pod mounted and then smoked and burnt up 5 minutes after using it with the power amp in. They sent me another one and it still did not work with my pod. I got another one and it still did not work. Apparently there was a design flaw in the mounting chassis. After many repeated calls and complaints, I never got a working amp or even a fix or answer on what to do. I was nice about it through the whole thing, I really wanted the amp. They just abandoned me and I couldn't even get help on sending the amps back. So I just sold the 2 good ones for profit, and then sold the broken one to a guy who could fix it and ended up with way more money than I started with. I still won't do business with them again.

Archived