Zent may meltdown on TGP.

riffy

• Members

Your point is taken. I understand completely. He does get pushed though...maybe, as you say, rightly so.

"Pushed"? Who exactly is "pushing" him to relentlessly post the same, EXACT ridiculous thread over and over again on several different forums only to inevitably lose his {censored} when people rightly start {censored}ing with him about it and suggesting that he back away from the whole zealot act a tad? This isn't even about the Axefx itself or the Great Tube v. Modeler Debate, it's about Zenty's loony "You just don't understand the future of music" fanboi rants and his inability to accept anyone disagreeing with him on the topic without becoming a cantankerous, butthurt old woman over it. Then, dude just takes his ball and goes home to another forum when people invariably start just tuning him out altogether.

Whatever valid points he makes about the :snax: are almost totally mitigated by his VERY off-putting delivery. I like Zenty, he's a {censored}ing funny dude most of the time, and a damn good player with some really good clips, but when it comes to his personal, relentlessly quixotic "Axe vs. The World" crusade, it's cute for a while, then the novelty quickly wears off and he starts coming off as an extremely obnoxious and condescending nutter who ultimately does more harm than good for his "cause" with his attitude about it.

Just sayin'...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Pushed"? Who exactly is "pushing" him to relentlessly post the same, EXACT ridiculous thread over and over again on several different forums only to inevitably lose his {censored} when people rightly start {censored}ing with him about it and suggesting that he back away from the whole zealot act a tad? This isn't even about the Axefx itself
or
the Great Tube v. Modeler Debate, it's about Zenty's loony "You just don't understand the future of music" fanboi rants and his inability to accept anyone disagreeing with him on the topic without becoming a cantankerous, butthurt old woman over it. Then, dude just takes his ball and goes home to another forum when people invariably start just tuning him out altogether.

Whatever valid points he makes about the
:snax:
are almost
totally
mitigated by his VERY off-putting delivery. I like Zenty, he's a {censored}ing funny dude most of the time, and a damn good player with some really good clips, but when it comes to his personal, relentlessly quixotic "Axe vs. The World" crusade, it's cute for a while, then the novelty quickly wears off and he starts coming off as an
extremely
obnoxious and condescending nutter who ultimately does more harm than good for his "cause" with his attitude about it.

Just sayin'...

Back from a great gig!

Now they are calling me obnoxious on TGP for calling what I see as a spade a spade.

Oh well, too bad.

I still think Zent is an idiot. Guess you guys can tell I don't care for him and his ways much.

• Members
And cue making fun of H-CAF. We're not immune either. It may be a little more...um...versatile, by design. But I assure you H-CAF is not immune. People may THINK it's not....but people at TGP don't either. LOL kinda.

Oh lord, for sure. In fact I'd say HCAF is far more lulz worthy in that respect, though everyone does love a good lawyer joke. :D

• Members

This is "Zentman on TGP" thread 3? 4?

Zent {censored}ing owns every one of you and you all know it.

its kinda pathetic....

really.

Zent has moved on...stop being a bunch of whinging cunts and move on too.

He's not moved on. He's just moved.

• Members

Zent's a cool guy. I have a snax and a {censored}load of other modelers too. None of them imo come anywhere close to my real amps. The new snax sounds are not much above what I've heard on Ultra or Standards either.

I do kind of go "things that make you go hmmm" when fanatic fanboyism over there starts the beat down on other competitive products, but can't take it in return.

I'm not worried nor will I be concerned about any digital takeover of tube amps.

The closest I have heard in digital relative to tube amps is that new Kemper profiler. I'm excited as ever about new gear. If its amps, or modeling gear.. I just wish I had enough cash for them all.

• Members

Zentman's clip was beautifully executed and sounded heavenly. :thu:
I could care less how it was recorded or what gear he used to record it.
If he likes the Axe-FX II, so what.
TPG is known for being so restricted in their thinking about tube amps, and other gear that it doesn't matter. That is why this forum is more fun.
Jim Soloway said it beautifully, when he said that in order for gear other then tube amps to become accepted by the player, his generation needs to die off.

While I am part of that genereation, at least I am open-minded and forward thinking.

• Members
Wasnt he the guy who lived in the family that used towels for toilet paper or something like that....

Yup, that's the dude.

I'll never forget those posts where he described in great detail how his family used to have to step around the piles of dog {censored} all over the carpet, that for some reason they would just let sit there until they dried out and turned to dust? :facepalm:

In fact, if you followed along closely to the content of his postings, I'd say that Zent is probably the biggest fecalpheliac I've ever had the displeasure of meeting online. :cry:

• Members

Yup, that's the dude.

I'll never forget those posts where he described in great detail how his family used to have to step around the piles of dog {censored} all over the carpet, that for some reason they would just let sit there until they dried out and turned to dust?
:facepalm:

In fact, if you followed along closely to the content of his postings, I'd say that Zent is probably the biggest fecalpheliac I've ever had the displeasure of meeting online.
:cry:

:freak:

W.T.F.?!!

• Members

Yup, that's the dude.

I'll never forget those posts where he described in great detail how his family used to have to step around the piles of dog {censored} all over the carpet, that for some reason they would just let sit there until they dried out and turned to dust?
:facepalm:

In fact, if you followed along closely to the content of his postings, I'd say that Zent is probably the biggest fecalpheliac I've ever had the displeasure of meeting online.
:cry:

Wait wat :confused:

His family doesn't use TP and leaves dog poo lying around???

• Members

Wait wat
:confused:

His family doesn't use TP and leaves dog poo lying around???

This ... and the fact that they never used to wash clothes, or hang them up. They purportedly were all thrown into one large pile in the middle of the floor, to which Zent recalled "when we'd go to school, we'd just go to the pile and pick something out..." There were some other :freak: family comments made, but they're not really coming to mind right now.

I'm sure someone would filter out the original post from Google, if it wasn't already deleted or sent to Thread Jail? It stuck we me, because as a self-identified "Type-A Virgo," I found the post disturbing in it's brutal honesty. Forever burned in my mind... :cry:

• Members

Really guys????? He posted in a Digital and modeling section of a forum and you guys get butthurt...again...? Isn't that what the section of the forum is supposed to be?

Can't wait till you guys get older and look back a face palm yourselves.

• Members

Really guys????? He posted in a Digital and modeling section of a forum and you guys get butthurt...again...? Isn't that what the section of the forum is supposed to be?

Can't wait till you guys get older and look back a face palm yourselves.

The point. You missed it.

• Members

No I got it...Some of you got tired of OPENING his posts...that he made you open...to read HIS OPINION of a product. So, you ran him off.

Ever wonder why a whole bunch of guys don't post here anymore?

Forum bullies win again. Yea

• Members

No I got it...Some of you got tired of OPENING his posts...that he made you open...to read HIS OPINION of a product. So, you ran him off.

Perhaps but he played up to it and you cant complain when it goes wrong if you do so.

• Members

You come off as very douchey in that thread.

Indeed. And then he comes here to try and make Zent look bad. Pretty much the definition of a douchebag. And both are middle aged men. I guess the mantra "with age comes wisdom" doesn't always apply.

• Members

No, you DIDN'T get it, and quite obviously, STILL don't. :facepalm:

{censored}ing reading comprehension, how does it work? :o

• Members

Just for discussion sake, the phrase "modelers or digital will replace tube amps" actually is true for some folks, like, me for example (see sig).

That doesn't mean I think modelers sound as "good" as tube amps, and that's why they will be replaced. It means that my application is MUCH more suited to a silent/direct unit instead of a conventional amplifier, that's all. They aren't mutually exclusive, a modeler doesn't have to do every little thing a tube amp does to "replace" it for someone. In fact, it has to do some things a tube amp CAN'T do, in order to warrant replacing a tube amp.

In my world (cover band), I've seen more and more guys using digital amps over the years. Unless I read it wrong, isn't Line 6 the top amp mfg in the world right now? I just sat in with a band in Vegas, dude was using a Spider and floorboard. Some other cats actually want more than 1 or 2 great tones, using a few great FX, that actually DON'T sound EXACTLY like their favorite tube amp, in a small setup. Not everyone is the same.

Just throwing that in there. I haven't paid enough attention to Zent to know if he means some of that, or if he is just saying that the snax simply sounds better on all accounts, and THAT'S why modeling will replace tube amps, but, like I said, sounding as good or better isn't the ONLY criteria for one thing replacing another.

Some of your parents or grandparents had tube-driven stereo (non 5.1) receivers and turntables, that sounded freaking awesome. Are you using that today? I bet most of you aren't.

Archived