** Official HCAF Skyrim Thread **

FastRedPonyCar

• Members

the lay out is definitely funky on a console, but on a pc I have to imagine its cake. on diablo 2, I would have 5 spells that I would typically toggle through during PVP, and that was cake with hot keys. on xbox, it blows having to go to your favorite menu, scroll then switch, then return, but I have it down. thankfully it pauses the game. but in my favorites I have

mace with fire

mace with ice

mace with soul capture

3 shouts

conjure flame guy

healing

freezing

health potions

so its cluttered, but easier to navigate than everything else in my inv.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

did I waste perk points on soul siphon? I have no idea what a death blow is apparently because my {censored} keeps needing recharging lol.

Skill up whatever spell skill is enchanted. If you have a fire enchant, it's Destruction. This will give you better efficiency. Would be much better if the perk worked on all enemies, not just monsters.

• Members

:lol:

Awesome. I'm itching to make a new guy. Like seriously bad.

OOOOH, a question since I'm gonna make a magic user....what's the best way to trap souls as a caster? I mean, do I have to have soul trap equipped as a spell and then my offensive spell in the other hand? That'd kinda suck....

You could cast frenzy and then cast soul trap on all the monsters while they attack each other or your minions.

• Members

I will dual wield some bitches

The single right handed power attack is also really powerful. A shield with some perks can do a lot of damage. I think dual wielding's a good idea if you wanna enchant the hell out of both weapons. This way you can save some perks by keeping your base melee damage low.

• Members

Favorites...yeah....I use those... (does not use those cause he is an idiot noob)

You gonna get raped.

actually, I don't do very badly, I have maxed out armor and my axe does ~360 damage. I'm only on adept difficulty. I'm not one for a challenge :idk:

• Members

so any pure melee fighters out there? should I be pumping up stamina so I can still keep delivering power blows?

I would alternate between health and stamina each time you lvl up. Also I would suggest you dual wield so you don't have to waste points on 2handed or blocking. I really don't have a choice now since my 1handed is almost maxed and my 2handed does half the damage.

Also Onmund went back to Winterhold...I got Morokei back! So the lesson is if you ever lose a follower just wait a few days and they will be back at their original location (doesn't work if they die)

• Members

almost forgot, patch 1.5 drops sometime today. Included with it is a high res texture pack for the PC guys and official modding/creation tool kit and steamworks mod publishing.

It's a case of too little to late though IMO. The size of the texture pack indicate here

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1218031p1.html

tells me that it's not even 1/3 the size of my textures folder filled with high res 3rd party textures. Now, the real question I have though is whether or not they're just really compressed or something and once extracted in game, they'll be higher or what.. either way, I'm not holding my breath. I'm anticipating these will simply be filling in the gaps that the community texture packs haven't gotten to yet.

• Members

I went on the "sneak into the embassy party" mission last night. :lol:

My character is probably the un-stealthiest guy ever. Bodies ended up everywhere. It was awesome.

Does anyone know if you decapitate someone can you pick up their head? I was looking for the head of one of the guys I killed since I was hiding the bodies in a closet (didn't want someone to come along and find them in the hallway) and couldn't find it. Does it just sorta disappear or did I unwittingly kick it somewhere?

• Members

I went on the "sneak into the embassy party" mission last night.

My character is probably the un-stealthiest guy ever. Bodies ended up everywhere. It was awesome.

Does anyone know if you decapitate someone can you pick up their head? I was looking for the head of one of the guys I killed since I was hiding the bodies in a closet (didn't want someone to come along and find them in the hallway) and couldn't find it. Does it just sorta disappear or did I unwittingly kick it somewhere?

No, you can't, as far as I know. That said, I haven't really tried. I hope you can, though. My dining room of Breezehome needs some new decorations.

• Members

No, you can't, as far as I know. That said, I haven't really tried. I hope you can, though. My dining room of Breezehome needs some new decorations.

I know, I was thinking I might keep it if you could. I'm pretty sure it just disappears though after you walk away. I'm gonna watch that tonight.

I was so regretting not giving the guy more of my gear to take inside. I ended up having to strip a guard's light armor so I'm charging around with 1 of my awesome maces and a bare bones elven mace in light armor. It wasn't pretty, but I got the job done. :lol:

• Members

I know, I was thinking I might keep it if you could. I'm pretty sure it just disappears though after you walk away. I'm gonna watch that tonight.

I was so regretting not giving the guy more of my gear to take inside. I ended up having to strip a guard's light armor so I'm charging around with 1 of my awesome maces and a bare bones elven mace in light armor. It wasn't pretty, but I got the job done.

Yeah, when I figured out that he's your way of getting your gear into the embassy, I reloaded right before talking to him for the first time and gave him everything. Rambo'd my way through that quest lol

• Members

finally got me a house! did the house of horrors quest (LOL), and then shortly there after finished the winterun college quests. Now I got that swagged out arch mage quarters! {censored}ing enchanter in my crib bitch!

when melee'ing I am wearing Elite Dwarven armor head to toe (nothing enchanted yet) with dual epic dwarve swords (the maces are 2 points higher, but slow as {censored} compared to swords. I look like a benihana worker choppin {censored} up now!).

If I get into a mage war I have been rocking the arch mage robe thing, savens amulet, a +20 magicka ring, +40% res fire boots, then frost rune in one hand, fire in the other, and frost breath for my shout. Frost rune {censored}ing kicks ass, just this little land mind :lol:

I need to find bigger soul gems though. I cannot afford to keep buying them. any tips?

oh and I was so hoping that the Alftand ruin would respawn everything (I made close to 100 dwemer ingots and 15 soul gems) but nooooooooo.... any areas that are good to get grands, or do I have to just buy them?

• Members
finally got me a house! did the house of horrors quest (LOL), and then shortly there after finished the winterun college quests. Now I got that swagged out arch mage quarters! {censored}ing enchanter in my crib bitch!

when melee'ing I am wearing Elite Dwarven armor head to toe (nothing enchanted yet) with dual epic dwarve swords (the maces are 2 points higher, but slow as {censored} compared to swords. I look like a benihana worker choppin {censored} up now!).

If I get into a mage war I have been rocking the arch mage robe thing, savens amulet, a +20 magicka ring, +40% res fire boots, then frost rune in one hand, fire in the other, and frost breath for my shout. Frost rune {censored}ing kicks ass, just this little land mind

I need to find bigger soul gems though. I cannot afford to keep buying them. any tips?

oh and I was so hoping that the Alftand ruin would respawn everything (I made close to 100 dwemer ingots and 15 soul gems) but nooooooooo.... any areas that are good to get grands, or do I have to just buy them?

Grand/black gem drops are level dependent. Wait a while and they become pretty common. Also, just save them up until you have a respectable enchantment level (70+); you're just wasting them otherwise.

• Members

but if I can even slightly bump up the gear I have, how is it wasting them?

Well there's quite a few to be had throughout the game, but if you want to do the uber-enchanting thing later on (double enchantments, various sets of items for fortifying smithing, alchemy, combat, magic etc) there aren't enough that you can afford to waste loads on mediocre enchantments early on. You want to save at least 15 I would say. If you want to enchant stuff in the meantime you could use greater souls instead.

Archived