** Official HCAF Skyrim Thread **

FastRedPonyCar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Once you get to a high level I agree it makes virtually no difference as your armour rating will be huge, but early on blocking in combat is pretty crucial.

Only if you remember to do it. I lugged around a shield for about 4 levels until I realized I was never blocking in combat. :facepalm: So, ditched the shield for another weapon and never looked back.

Now, if you aren't gaming challenged like me, then yes, blocking would be a big asset early on. :lol:

• Members

Ok so help me out here (I'm on a PS3). I had Onmund with me and let him wear Morokei since I have Volsung AND the Jagged Crown on at the same time (must be a glitch because my head is invisible) anyway he kept getting pwnt in a battle in a tower so I told him to "wait here" and cleaned the place out without him and walked outside thinking he was going to be beside me...nope. So I went back in and made sure he didn't get killed somewhere along the way and found all the bad guys bodies but not his and he was nowhere to be found either. Where did he go and how do I get Morokei back? I already checked his room in Winterhold and he's not there...unless he could be walking back there from where I left him or walking around the campus somewhere...I don't give two {censored}s about him I just want my mask back!

Oh and just FYI it was Treva's Watch where I left him. Those guys sitting at the table in the last door on the right before you go up the tower stairs to the left are a PITA even at higher levels because they all attack at once, a couple have plate armor and a couple have strong lightning magic. Onmund couldn't hang in close quarters combat.

• Members

Ok so help me out here (I'm on a PS3). I had Onmund with me and let him wear Morokei since I have Volsung AND the Jagged Crown on at the same time (must be a glitch because my head is invisible) anyway he kept getting pwnt in a battle in a tower so I told him to "wait here" and cleaned the place out without him and walked outside thinking he was going to be beside me...nope. So I went back in and made sure he didn't get killed somewhere along the way and found all the bad guys bodies but not his and he was nowhere to be found either. Where did he go and how do I get Morokei back? I already checked his room in Winterhold and he's not there...unless he could be walking back there from where I left him or walking around the campus somewhere...I don't give two {censored}s about him I just want my mask back!

Do you own a house? If so, check there.

• Members

I started leveling up my archery last night. I've made a daedric bow with absorb health and I'm using about a billion steel and forsworn arrows. I just fast travel to giant camps and start snapping off arrows from as far back as I can. Shoot shoot, run. Shoot shoot, run. It's pretty fun, actually.

And if {censored} hits the fan where I have 2 mammoths, 2 giants, and a dragon attacking me (which happened last night. mega lulz), I just bust out my daedric sword (soul trap) and battleaxe (absorb health) and start cutting everything down.

• Members

Yes I checked my house in Whiterun but I'm also the Arch Mage...and the leader of the Companions...and the leader of the Thieves Guild...

HA. He might be on a road back to any one of those places. Wait about a week and see if he turns up.

• Members

HA. He might be on a road back to any one of those places. Wait about a week and see if he turns up.

That's what I'm thinking too...just like when I 4x4 it over a mountain and he has to take the long way around. I will kill that POS when I find him. Also I'm with Kenny about wasting a perk point on Soul Siphon...if that {censored} works I'll kiss your ass. I've also NEVER got soul trap to work...you cast it while they're alive right? I've tried both ways and have yet to capture a soul with it.

• Members

That's what I'm thinking too...just like when I 4x4 it over a mountain and he has to take the long way around. I will kill that POS when I find him. Also I'm with Kenny about wasting a perk point on Soul Siphon...if that {censored} works I'll kiss your ass. I've also NEVER got soul trap to work...you cast it while they're alive right? I've tried both ways and have yet to capture a soul with it.

You have empty soul gems in your inventory, right?

It works best if you enchant a weapon with it. If you kill a human or an orc, or whatever, those can only be trapped in Black Soul Gems. Otherwise, yeah, go out and slay some dragons and fill your grand soul gems.

• Members

You have empty soul gems in your inventory, right?

It works best if you enchant a weapon with it. If you kill a human or an orc, or whatever, those can only be trapped in Black Soul Gems. Otherwise, yeah, go out and slay some dragons and fill your grand soul gems.

I actually have a {censored} ton of soul gems and I have been using a bow that captures souls to fill them 99% of the time. I've been kicking some Mammoth ass lately to fill my grand gems. I have the black star but for some reason I can't get it to store any souls...how do I use it. I killed a bunch of humans and still get the "You have no soul gem large enough to store this soul" BS.

• Members

did I waste perk points on soul siphon? I have no idea what a death blow is apparently because my {censored} keeps needing recharging lol.

tbh, yes. It only charges a tiny bit. Even petty souls recharge it much more and are common as dirt.

• Members

thats what I was afraid of. oh well two points down the drain. I feel good about my other investments so not too big of a deal. and its a "passive" effect, right? or do I have to enchant something with it? maybe thats what I am doing wrong.

btw, I did the quest where you have to go through the drewmen mine or whatever, holy {censored}, I {censored}ing loaded up on soul gems and drewmer scrap. made 79 ingots. made a full dwarven armor set for lydia, including a bow with cold damage, and then a shield and sword combo with fire damage. her gauntlets have +25% bow damage. everything upgraded to flawless (while wearing a +12% smithing ring). she is doing alright!

I really want to DE my smithing ring, but I am afraid I wont be able to get stats as high on my items. for instance, I had an "increase magicka by 20 points" item, and the highest I have been able to enchant was like 2 or something. I havent tried in a while though.

does the size of the soul gem impact that? is it just my enchanting level? is it the item?

• Members

thats what I was afraid of. oh well two points down the drain. I feel good about my other investments so not too big of a deal. and its a "passive" effect, right? or do I have to enchant something with it? maybe thats what I am doing wrong.

btw, I did the quest where you have to go through the drewmen mine or whatever, holy {censored}, I {censored}ing loaded up on soul gems and drewmer scrap. made 79 ingots. made a full dwarven armor set for lydia, including a bow with cold damage, and then a shield and sword combo with fire damage. her gauntlets have +25% bow damage. everything upgraded to flawless (while wearing a +12% smithing ring). she is doing alright!

I really want to DE my smithing ring, but I am afraid I wont be able to get stats as high on my items. for instance, I had an "increase magicka by 20 points" item, and the highest I have been able to enchant was like 2 or something. I havent tried in a while though.

does the size of the soul gem impact that? is it just my enchanting level?
is it the item?

Grand, Greater, Common, Lesser, Petty

The bigger the gem, the better the enchanting level. But just as important is your enchanting lvl.

DE that ring, son. You can put it on a ring, a necklace, gauntlets and armor if you do.

• Members

I actually have a {censored} ton of soul gems and I have been using a bow that captures souls to fill them 99% of the time. I've been kicking some Mammoth ass lately to fill my grand gems. I have the black star but for some reason I can't get it to store any souls...how do I use it. I killed a bunch of humans and still get the "You have no soul gem large enough to store this soul" BS.

If it's giving you that message, then the Black Star already has a soul in it.

• Members

Also I just want to Efistbump my fellow knurdz because this thread alone has helped me get my Skrimming skillz to l337 lvlz and when I decide to start over (in a year or so when I complete everything on the game) I'll have my technique down and everything...I won't be ticklin or nothin...

• Members

Finally got myself a full suit of dragon armor. Gave lydia my kickass ebony stuff after accidentally slaughtering here with one powerful hit from behind in combat. (WHY DOES SHE INSIST ON CHARGING IN FRONT OF THE BLOODTHIRSTY ORC WILDLY SWINGING TWO MACES?!??)

I realized she was lacking a bit in the defense area and I needed to do something about that.

I'm getting the itch to finish up the game with this character and start a new one. I've done a lot of exploring, but there are whole areas of the game I haven't gotten near yet and I sort of want to save them even though I know the game has more than enough to do for ages and ages. :lol:

I did get the dragon mask which is pretty sweet. Resist fire, ice, and shock 30% with a pretty good Armor Rating isn't shabby though my dragon helmet beats it now.

Since I'm sick and not going to the gym tonight I get a few more hours playing in after work! WOO HOO!

• Members

Started a new character and got him up to level 35 already. Redguard with a focus on stealthy dagger attacks. Naturally, I named him Ray Lewis.

:lol:

Awesome. I'm itching to make a new guy. Like seriously bad.

OOOOH, a question since I'm gonna make a magic user....what's the best way to trap souls as a caster? I mean, do I have to have soul trap equipped as a spell and then my offensive spell in the other hand? That'd kinda suck....

• Members

why would that suck? just toggle to your alternative selection. {censored} I do that as an orc. I will dual wield some bitches, then if I am getting low on health, switch one hand to healing. or run in with conjure that flamey thing, then to ice, freeze some people, then rush in dual wielding.

• Members

why would that suck? just toggle to your alternative selection. {censored} I do that as an orc. I will dual wield some bitches, then if I am getting low on health, switch one hand to healing. or run in with conjure that flamey thing, then to ice, freeze some people, then rush in dual wielding.

I hate switching during combat. I like my weapons amps and ready to go. I will switch from bow to maces, but I pretty much never use magic healing while enemies are about unless I've eaten all my food and drank all my potions.

I think its cause it ruins my rhythm during a fight. I pretty much suck with the controls. It'd be hilarious watching me try to play a sports or fighting game. :lol:

Archived