my lazy, missing school/truant teenager

hcprimerib

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kids are gettin' mouthier and mouthier. Why is this? Doesn't anyone get their ass beat anymore?

The mouthy kids usually get away with it with their parents; but at some point theydo it to another person their age and get an enlightening ass whipping after school. This doesn't happen anymore?

• Members

Kids are gettin' mouthier and mouthier. Why is this? Doesn't anyone get their ass beat anymore?

The mouthy kids usually get away with it with their parents; but at some point theydo it to another person their age and get an enlightening ass whipping after school. This doesn't happen anymore?

Parents now I think are just afraid to woop their kids. Out of all my friends who have kids I am the only one who will actually spank their child. Funny how their kids just run all over them.

• Members

Filling my kids with fear for the future always worked for me. I just basically filled my kids with worries of living in poverty if they didn't succeed in college/ beat the {censored} out of their classmates in grades. It's not like there aren't enough news stories of the bad economy and people losing their homes living in poverty out there to show them. Look at that unemployment at 10%. Wanna be that 1 out of ten wondering how you'll pay your bills? How many kids in your class? 25? I guess that means about 3 of them right there in your class are going to be homeless bums. I wonder which ones? Maybe you? That doesn't leave the other 22 off the hook. You want better than just "not homeless"? A C average sure won't cut it. Hell...straight C grades probably won't get you accepted to college. With only a high school diploma you can maybe count on working in retail sales or a restaurant or something....maybe live in a trailer park etc....etc....

All my three of my kids get straight A's with maybe an occasional "B" in an advanced placement/honors class that they stew for weeks over when it happens. I never have to ask them to do a thing. They call me over every once in a while asking for help explaining their homework and I can't believe how complex and detailed in the sciences the {censored} is...and I have a doctorate degree.

The one thing you don't want them to have is a sense of security that if it all falls apart they can always just live with mom and dad...so don't worry. {censored} that. Get them to worry their ass off. Tell them at 18 they are out of the house...either in college (which I will throw money at as long as it's constructive) or they can get a job and wing it on their own. (Which isn't necessarily bad...college can be a waste of time and you can make millions without a degree...I'd help them there too if it made sense)

If you think this is harsh, tough {censored}. Raise your kids anyway you like. My kids will be your kid's boss someday. Or maybe your kid can work at Starbucks or something. It the world we live in. eat or be eaten. My kids know that serious like a heart attack.

• Members

I second the boot to asses thing... My dad instilled the fear of God almighty in us growing up without ever being violent about it (I got spanked twice while I lived under my parent's roof- that was enough :lol:). Was all about tone and your life was on lockdown if we were out of line.

However, I had a cousin that was the same way as your son. Skipped school, dropped out, stole shit from the campus, all sorts of mess and his parents/my aunt and uncle were great. Not sure how he even got his GED. Now of those 3 cousins, he's the most "normal" of he and his siblings and has the most stable job, house situation, etc.. Different strokes.

Can't wait to have kids. :facepalm:

• Members

- be the big bad dad and kick his butt = he'll despise you

- be the nice guy and do nothing = your best friend

My dad kicked my ass into gear. I respect the hell out of him. He might not have been my favorite person then... but now I see why he did it.

• Members

I never really did this {censored}. I grew up homeless for my childhood and then my mother married an ex-navy seal commander in my teenage years.

Take him to your nearest ghetto. Try prisons. Try counseling. There's obviously some {censored}ed up {censored} going on - he's 14.

• Members

I never really did this shit. I grew up homeless for my childhood and then my mother married an ex-navy seal commander in my teenage years.

Take him to your nearest ghetto. Try prisons. Try counseling. There's obviously some fucked up shit going on - he's 14.

[video=youtube;Jre2aqo1GT8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jre2aqo1GT8

@ 3:18

:lol:

"Here we are, MopTop! "The Hood!"

lulz

• Members

I second the boot to asses thing... My dad instilled the fear of God almighty in us growing up without ever being violent about it (I got spanked twice while I lived under my parent's roof- that was enough
). Was all about tone and your life was on lockdown if we were out of line.

I got ONE solid ass whipping as a kid, and I still remember it. Your parents sound like mine. Of course, as kids, we didn't have xbox or whatever. My parents thought it'd turn our brains to mush; so instead we got skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, etc. We also played sports year-round. A lot of that taught us discipline and that making mistakes = pain. So think shit through.

My 3 brothers and I never really got into trouble. As a matter of fact, we were quite respectful. Always had to wear a suit and tie to picture day (fuuuuuuu) with parted hair (fuuuuuuu). Still have the class picture from 6th grade where every kid is in shorts and t shirts, except me.

If we didn't say sir/ma'am our parents would stop us and physically turn us around to go back and say it.

We turned out fine, my brothers and I never had problems unless we stepped out of line. I actually enjoyed going to school. All my friends were there, I had great interest in science and then I'd get to goto baseball/football practice or get to box. Life was great. :D

WTF is wrong with kids anymore?

• Members

Seriously? I hated waking up for school, but 'not going' wasn't an option. Half the time when I was sick, my mom made me go anyway.

You're the adult/parent in this situation. It's an easy fix. You hold all the power, money, and make all the decisions - you're child does what you will him to, otherwise the hammer crusheth the life from his {censored}ty little soul.

Seriously, throw him out of the house and tell him you'll wait with him at the bus stop if he doesn't do it on his own. That should be embarassing enough to force him to go. Also have the,"I know you probably think I'm a moron, but I knew kids who are doing what you're doing when I was your age, and now they pump gas for a living at the age of 45."

This.

• Members

I got ONE solid ass whipping as a kid, and I still remember it. Your parents sound like mine. Of course, as kids, we didn't have xbox or whatever. My parents thought it'd turn our brains to mush; so instead we got skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, etc. We also played sports year-round. A lot of that taught us discipline and that making mistakes = pain. So think shit through.

My 3 brothers and I never really got into trouble. As a matter of fact, we were quite respectful. Always had to wear a suit and tie to picture day (fuuuuuuu) with parted hair (fuuuuuuu). Still have the class picture from 6th grade where every kid is in shorts and t shirts, except me.

If we didn't say sir/ma'am our parents would stop us and physically turn us around to go back and say it.

We turned out fine, my brothers and I never had problems unless we stepped out of line. I actually enjoyed going to school. All my friends were there, I had great interest in science and then I'd get to goto baseball/football practice or get to box. Life was great.
:D

WTF is wrong with kids anymore?

All of this. We didn't have big screen TV's and cable. We had a small pool and a trampoline and bikes and dogs. During summers our housekeeper was actually instructed to lock us outside from about 10AM until about 4PM when my Mom got home so she could clean up and us not dirty up the house. :lol: We even had to eat lunch outside. Those are memories I'll have forever with my siblings and having friends over during summer for a week at a time. Not playing on the computer or video game consoles. Scars on your stomach for wrecking your bike on the concrete off of a homemade ramp FTW bro. :thu:

Also, both my spankings were from the age of 7 and under.

• Members

All of this. We didn't have big screen TV's and cable. We had a small pool and a trampoline and bikes and dogs. During summers our housekeeper was actually instructed to lock us outside from about 10AM until about 4PM when my Mom got home so she could clean up and us not dirty up the house.
We even had to eat
lunch
outside. Those are memories I'll have forever with my siblings and having friends over during summer for a week at a time. Not playing on the computer or video game consoles. Scars on your stomach for wrecking your bike on the concrete off of a homemade ramp FTW bro.
:thu:

Also, both my spankings were from the age of 7 and under.

I think mine was around 1st grade. Yeah, it was. I was throwing rocks at 5th grade girls, you know that horrible age range when girls are stronger than you. :cry:

It was pretty standard operating procedure. Sat in my room all day knowing that as the sky got darker the closer I was to an ass whipping. Dad came home, heard my mother tell him. Heard him rummaging through his closet for 'the belt,' (why does every dad have that one belt designed for ass whippings?). He came in and there was a meeting between my ass and his belt. Feelsbadman.

Never did it again.

Anyways, my dickhead brother told on me, they were in his class. Son of a bitch. :mad:

• Members

I think mine was around 1st grade. Yeah, it was. I was throwing rocks at 5th grade girls, you know that horrible age range when girls are stronger than you.
:cry:
It was pretty standard operating procedure. Sat in my room all day knowing that as the sky got darker the closer I was to an ass whipping. Dad came home, heard my mother tell him. Heard him rummaging through his closet for 'the belt,' (why does every dad have that one belt designed for ass whippings?). He came in and there was a meeting between my ass and his belt. Feelsbadman.

Never did it again.

Anyways, my dickhead brother told on me, they were in his class. Son of a bitch.
:mad:

Bro.

BRO.

Mine was pretty much exactly like that. This girl was sitting in front of me in either 1st or 2nd grade and would NOT STFU. I popped her in the back of the head (I caught mostly ponytail but of course she was instantly in tears :lol:) and my teach about flipped the fuck out. Went to principal's office, sat there WHILE they called my Dad at work, and as soon as the receiver clicked down I knew hell was coming a la Kurt Russell in Tombstone. :lol:

I still remember my Mom's look when she picked us up that afternoon. That was the longest and most quiet dinner of my lifetime hahahahaha.... My bro and sister didn't say a word, were just staring at me bc they knew what was coming.

• Members

Every kid doesn't grow up to be a doctor. just sayin'.

The fact that everyone is expected to go to college is the plight of modern society.

Yes, the world needs ditch diggers too.

original.jpg

But even ditch diggers need to get off they asses and do something. That seems to be the root issue here.

• Members

Really, you only have to provide the basics. Food, Shelter & Clothing. Everything else after that is ou of the kindness of your own heart.

Remind him of that by removing all but the "necessities". I mean remove everything from his room except his bed & dresser. When it's dinner time, you get steak & lobster, and he gets a PB&J, raw broccoli (gotta have veggies)& water to drink. Etc... You get the idea.

Show him what you have earned, (all your stuff) and explain that school & grades are they way he earns things. make him earn his things back (as well as his social life) and he will appreciate them.

• Members

Bro.

BRO.

Mine was pretty much exactly like that. This girl was sitting in front of me in either 1st or 2nd grade and would NOT STFU. I popped her in the back of the head (I caught mostly ponytail but of course she was instantly in tears
) and my teach about flipped the fuck out. Went to principal's office, sat there WHILE they called my Dad at work, and as soon as the receiver clicked down I knew hell was coming a la Kurt Russell in Tombstone.
I still remember my Mom's look when she picked us up that afternoon. That was the longest and most quiet dinner of my lifetime hahahahaha.... My bro and sister didn't say a word, were just staring at me bc they knew what was coming.

FUUUU :lol:

I forgot the quiet ride home/quiet dinner part. I remember being all upset over being in trouble and the teacher was like, "You should be mad about hurting xyz." I remember saying I wasn't even worried about the girl/school being mad, I was worried about what my dad was going to do.

My older brothers (5th and 6th grade at the time) were good at taunting.

Oh man, the good ol' days.

• Members

Really, you only have to provide the basics. Food, Shelter & Clothing. Everything else after that is ou of the kindness of your own heart.

Remind him of that by removing all but the "necessities". I mean remove everything from his room except his bed & dresser. When it's dinner time, you get steak & lobster, and he gets a PB&J, raw broccoli (gotta have veggies)& water to drink. Etc... You get the idea.

Show him what you have earned, (all your stuff) and explain that school & grades are they way he earns things. make him earn his things back (as well as his social life) and he will appreciate them.

None of this will work; this {censored} only works on kids that are

srs.

And how do teenage kids get bullied? WTF, does he not know how to stand up for himself?

• Members

Why are kids so afraid to punch a bitch in the face? Bullying, it seems like this has taken a HUGEEEEEEEEE leap in popularity the past 2-3 years. Whatever happened to a kid just fighting back?

What does a kid learn about not taking the initiative for himself? Is he going to go run and tell an adult when he's 30?

Archived