This is why Carvin gets a bad rap about having ugly guitars...

grunge782

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the Carvin haters in this thread, I'd actually be curious (I'm dead serious) on your critique on my guitar. I love it no matter who says anything about it, so, please, be candid, I won't mind at all. It's just morbid curiosity. I'm talking looks, not features.

P1020942.jpg

P1020940.jpg

• Members

For the Carvin haters in this thread, I'd actually be curious (I'm dead serious) on your critique on my guitar. I love it no matter who says anything about it, so, please, be candid, I won't mind at all. It's just morbid curiosity. I'm talking looks, not features.

P1020942.jpg

P1020940.jpg

No silver sparkle paint. No gold hardware. Unique, but not ugly headstock (IMO). Tasteful zebra pickups.

I dunno what color it is, but I like it. :thu:

• Members

P1020942.jpg

P1020940.jpg

Hot as FUUU.

• Members

I just can't get past the headstocks. Just all look like headstocks that you see on cheap budget guitars. :idk:

Not too keen on the fact that you can't choose 3rd party pickups instead of those hideous looking Carvin ones

• Members

I just can't get past the headstocks. Just all look like headstocks that you see on cheap budget guitars.
:idk:

Not too keen on the fact that you can't choose 3rd party pickups instead of those hideous looking Carvin ones

It's pretty easy to swap out the pickups. They have quite a few headstock options these days. The carved top headstock is meant to look similar to the PRS headstock.

• Members

I just can't get past the headstocks. Just all look like headstocks that you see on cheap budget guitars.
:idk:

You mean like when you get to choose what pickups come with every other guitar you can buy? :o

• Members

seriously, you consider that bad? carvin makes some awful looking guitars, but that one isn't even in the running.

This. I mean, the V headstock and a strat body isn't great, and I'm not a fan of silver or sparkle anything, but that really isn't an ugly Carvin. There are some really poor looking ones on their website, and I know someone who had to be talked out of (I {censored} you not) seafoam green-to-silver burst.

The OP guitar is merely misguided.

• Members

P1020942.jpg

P1020940.jpg

Would. :eek:

But, I'm not a Carvin hater. Some of their guitars are ugly, but that's more akin to user error, I believe.

• Members

While i would never deal with them after my bass players amp debacle, i really think they should have some SD'd or something for pickup options, their stock pickups are awful.

How many different Carvin pickups have you tried? Something tells me it isn't even half of what they offer.

• Members

How many different Carvin pickups have you tried? Something tells me it isn't even half of what they offer.

Ive played a handful of their guitars, mostly their HSH guitars without the covers, they have all been pretty bright and/or brittle sounding to me. I havent tried any of their newer covered p'ups though.

• Members

hmmm, I guess they eliminated that option on their full line. You used to be able to get binding on nearly all their models.

wrong, they have never offered full binding on any of their line. It is only the couple all ready mentioned. The only binding they have offered is the natural binding effect.

• Members
wrong, they have never offered full binding on any of their line. It is only the couple all ready mentioned. The only binding they have offered is the natural binding effect.

that could be. But I know some type of binding look used to be offered at a hideous option cost. It used to be in their catalog's option list.But you couldn't order the binding along with rounded over edges, obviously.

• Members
Ive played a handful of their guitars, mostly their HSH guitars without the covers, they have all been pretty bright and/or brittle sounding to me. I havent tried any of their newer covered p'ups though.

the ones I've owned and played, the pickups were the highlight of the guitars. I don't mind the C22 or the old blade single coil.

• Members

P1020942.jpg

P1020940.jpg

don't like. But then I can't stand the looks of any Super Strat types of guitar.

Archived