Cops gun a dude down in carls jr parking lot (vid)

Gary Cohn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^ unfamilliar with the use of force continuum.
:cop:

he's an idiot for going at the cops with a crowbar, but we really should expect more out of the people carrying the guns

there was more options on the table than just 11 shots to center mass

justified or not legally, this is ethically disgusting

• Members

Don't go to Hardees (Carls Jr) and you won't have this problem.

Don't carry a crowbar and attempt to kill a cop with it.

There were plenty of options for the dead guy to live. He disregarded them.

I'm kinda glad he's not draining the taxpayers pockets sitting in jail/prison right now. :thu:

• Members

Don't go to Hardees (Carls Jr) and you won't have this problem.

Don't carry a crowbar and attempt to kill a cop with it.

There were plenty of options for the dead guy to live. He disregarded them.

I'm kinda glad he's not draining the taxpayers pockets sitting in jail/prison right now.
:thu:

HEY!!!!!!

carl's jr is {censored}ing delicious.

• Members

he's an idiot for going at the cops with a crowbar, but we really should expect more out of the people carrying the guns

there was more options on the table than just 11 shots to center mass

justified or not legally, this is ethically disgusting

you have a continuum of force: words >hands > baton/spray > tazer > firearm.

you can see what level was required. a crowbar is a deadly weapon. one strike to the temple could have killed an officer. life for a life. if on PCP, with a face tazering having no effect, leg shooting wouldnt do anything. its also against training to shoot other than center mass.

if pcp-man would have put that crowbar in the officers head, this thread woul read "shoulda shot him"

• Members

you can see what level was required. a crowbar is a deadly weapon. one strike to the temple could have killed an officer. life for a life. if on PCP, with a face tazering having no effect, leg shooting wouldnt do anything. its also against training to shoot other than center mass.

if pcp-man would have put that crowbar in the officers head, this thread woul read "shoulda shot him"

shooting someone in the leg will always have an effect, pcp or not

It's against training, but maybe training should be altered to include the non lethal use of a firearm

dude was no doubt an idiot for doing this, but gunned down in a parking lot when there's three other cops and a dog there....sorry, won't ever think that's right nor should it be

he raised the crowbar, but he wasn't moving quickly at all, the officer could have kept some distance between himself and the suspect

there were options other than getting in this face, within striking distance, and then putting him down

guy was high, cops acted poorly

• Members

Yea, I'm pretty sure police are trained to shoot to incapacitate so that would rule out limb shots.

• Members

It's against training, but maybe training should be altered to include the non lethal use of a firearm

dude was no doubt an idiot for doing this, but gunned down in a parking lot when there's three other cops and a dog there....sorry, won't ever think that's right nor should it be

he raised the crowbar, but he wasn't moving quickly at all, the officer could have kept some distance between himself and the suspect

there were options other than getting in this face, within striking distance, and then putting him down

Maybe we should tell people not to attempt to kill cops, lest they themselves be killed?

Nah. :thu:

Have you ever been high? Did you attempt to murder a cop? Why?

• Members

i think we can agree on some of these points. in the timeframe though, you have to shoot where it counts. no time to {censored} around with limb shots. you miss, oops. target was moving and too small to hit. torso would have been better. you hit, no effect, {censored}. hes in threat zone now. shouldve gone torso.

see what i mean? there are always different ways to handle it. the current rules of engagement handle them all as best as possible, but certainly not best case in every scenario.

• Members

I'm not an expert with guns or anything, but unless the muzzle was against skin, I'm goig to assume shooting a knee that has a face of about 4-5" wide is a pretty difficult shot while holding a dog with one hand.

also, this. try shooting one handed. i shoot low and left. you may differ.

• Members

Maybe we should tell people not to attempt to kill cops, lest they themselves be killed?

Nah.
:thu:

Have you ever been high? Did you attempt to murder a cop? Why?

never done PCP, but anything else that I've been high on didn't put me in the murdering mood...much the opposite

teach the cops some martial arts/self defense, not everything has to be answered with a {censored}ing bullet....they get paid to put their lives on the line, not to just kill anyone in the vicinity of dangerous

Archived