Dear Musician's Friend: Please sell Harmony Central to someone who cares

guitarbilly74

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What in the blue {censored} is wrong with this place? Seriously, it's like they've got their platform all set up and running, but somehow they've got the main line running through a single light switch that a 5 year old kid has access to....when he gets bored, he goes over to it and starts turning it on and off while mumbling, "Ooooo, pretty."

• Members

Seriously, how hard it is to run forum software? I'm sick of waiting forever for pages to load, having to press submit thread several times to create a new thread etc etc

Obviously, MF does not care about this enough to make a minimum investment to get {censored} running the way it's supposed to. So just sell it to someone who gives a {censored} and let them run the forum. This is the coolest music forum and it's getting {censored}ed just for the lack of basic maintenance.

Regards,

Billy

Yep for how much traffic this site gets it's completely unacceptable how {censored} it is. Bunch of amateur bs.

• Members

I started this thread 8 MONTHS AGO. Got the admin and the MF guys to come here and say "thank you for the feedback, we care blah blah" .

8 months later, it's still the same {censored}. I pretty much lost any hope that MF will ever do something about it, they just don't give a {censored}.

So as per thread title: sell it to someone who does. This is one of the oldest and most traditional music gear communities on the web and you guys are killing it.

I swear that if HC is gone, MF will lose my business forever. This is just too {censored}ing ridiculous. Corporate greed at its worst.

• Members

Other music retailers like AMS, SW, etc have their own forums too, but they are not as fun and not anywhere near as liberal about content as they are at HC..

I'm sure MF budget is not that high for running this site where it's users say shop somewhere else. :lol:

• Members

Other music retailers like AMS, SW, etc have their own forums too, but they are not as fun and not anywhere near as liberal about content as they are at HC..

I'm sure MF budget is not that high for running this site where it's users say shop somewhere else.
:lol:

HC was not MF's forum from the get-go though, it existed way before MF bought and honestly, it was MUCH BETTER before they got involved.

They bought a working site and they're killing it. They are in their right to do so, but it's {censored}ed up nonetheless.

• Members

If only sweetwater picked up this site...

Though I'm not sure how many music companies would really want to

There is actually huge potential on this site. If they had an editorial staff at the level of say Premier Guitar, they would be highly profitable.

The original folks were great and took the site from a single page right in the beginning of the internet to a real wealth of information and I bet they made bank when they sold it, justifiably so. It's this current administration that is turning this site into {censored} because they neither have the ability to run a good music forum nor they give a {censored} about it.

• Members

HC was not MF's forum from the get-go though, it existed way before MF bought and honestly, it was MUCH BETTER before they got involved.

They bought a working site and they're killing it. They are in their right to do so, but it's {censored}ed up nonetheless.

Like I said, It's probably a budget thing. Wanna see budget friendly? Try Digitech's Sound Community. They still can't get it right for 100 members :lol:

At least the banners work.. which I suspect those revenues are the only resources for this place.

• Members

Are the Sweetwater forums that strict? Not sure how other companies would deal with the site any differently then.

That leads me to believe that the only way this site can stay fun is if the company doesn't give a {censored} about it.

Our forums are really underdeveloped. The amount of time we work on them is correlated to the amount of interest over there.....we don't really do much with ours, but there's no point in deleting it...:lol:

• Members

You wouldn't have anything close to the freedoms and this would have to be Walmart viewer modded.

Are the Sweetwater forums that strict? Not sure how other companies would deal with the site any differently then.

That leads me to believe that the only way this site can stay fun is if the company doesn't give a {censored} about it. :lol:

• Members

i imagine the entire IT / programming dept running this site consisting of one 350lb half wit sitting there eating a bag of cheetos watching reruns of Jerry Springer. its funny you guys think they care about this forum, i am sure no one at MF gives one single {censored} about this entire forum.

• Members

That leads me to believe that the only way this site can stay fun is if the company doesn't give a {censored} about it.

You don't have the same liberties at other MI forums. Given they are retail stores, I'm sure they have consideration in regards to content from their MI vendors as well. Other MI retail specific forums have to be more content friendly, more filtering, and modding. Although HC might be owned by MF/GC, it's not branded as MF forums.

Again, my guess is they have {censored} for budget to run this area.

• Members

i imagine the entire IT / programming dept running this site consisting of one 350lb half wit sitting there eating a bag of cheetos watching reruns of Jerry Springer. its funny you guys think they care about this forum, i am sure no one at MF gives one single {censored} about this entire forum.

I disagree. I'm sure they have a limited minimal budget staff, and like many here that surf the web on their bull{censored} day job, they are probably doing the same {censored} and not paying attention to their work. :lol:

Archived