Dear Musician's Friend: Please sell Harmony Central to someone who cares

guitarbilly74

• Members

Seriously, how hard it is to run forum software? I'm sick of waiting forever for pages to load, having to press submit thread several times to create a new thread etc etc

Obviously, MF does not care about this enough to make a minimum investment to get {censored} running the way it's supposed to. So just sell it to someone who gives a {censored} and let them run the forum. This is the coolest music forum and it's getting {censored}ed just for the lack of basic maintenance.

Regards,

Billy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also, there are many other forums running this same software. The software is fine. This has to be a server capacity problem. Which makes little to no sense considering the bankroll MF has...Upgrade your servers you lousy polesmokers!

Yes. And it makes perfect sense: they don't give a {censored}.

• Members

I think it's your computer bro. You got some viruzez?

Nah, it's the same {censored} here in the office, at home, cell phone. The site just hangs from time to time and it {censored}ing sucks, it seems to me they're running this {censored} in a {censored}ing {censored}ty and/crowded server because they're too cheap to get a dedicated server for it.

• Members

Nah, it's the same {censored} here in the office, at home, cell phone. The site just hangs from time to time and it {censored}ing sucks, it seems to me they're running this {censored} in a {censored}ing {censored}ty and/crowded server because they're too cheap to get a dedicated server for it.

don't blame the tools, mang.

:p

• Members

it's hit or miss for me. right now it be working fine, but here after bit...who knows...

yeah same here... right now it's fine.. when I tried to submit the Godin thread the site was taking me to a blank page and wouldn't post the thread :mad: then I'd hit the back button and all my typing was gone :mad:

After the first try, I smartened up and copied all the {censored} I typed, which was a good thing because it took me 4 tries to post a {censored}ing thread...

So yeah, hit or miss, but more miss than hit.

• Members

yeah same here... right now it's fine.. when I tried to submit the Godin thread the site was taking me to a blank page and wouldn't post the thread
:mad:
then I'd hit the back button and all my typing was gone
:mad:

After the first try, I smartened up and copied all the {censored} I typed, which was a good thing because it took me 4 tries to post a {censored}ing thread...

So yeah, hit or miss, but more miss than hit.

Don't you hate it when you spend several minutes typing a response and then you lose it. The other day I spent like 15 minutes typing up what George Lynch used on Back for the Attack. I lost it and was like {censored} it, I'm not retyping all that.

• Members

dont know how long they've been doing this, but MF is using harmony-central review data on their site. So they probably care a little, at least about that piece. too bad the 2.0 split kind of messed up participation in the review part of this site.

• Members

dont know how long they've been doing this, but MF is using harmony-central review data on their site. So they probably care a little, at least about that piece. too bad the 2.0 split kind of messed up participation in the review part of this site.

They've been doing that since about the time that the reviews changed here, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

• Members

The 2.0 {censored}ed up the review site completely. They lost years of cool reviews of some gear that people don't even post about anymore. HC was the place to go every time I needed info on some obscure gear and sure enough, there was a review there. Now there is nothing and you can barely navigate that {censored}. Way to {censored} up with decades of great, free information.

Archived