Dear Musician's Friend: Please sell Harmony Central to someone who cares

guitarbilly74

• Members

Capitalism isn't about caring. It's about sucking out the most you can from the least investment.

I love capitalism. It benefits me quite often.

Not the case here though. They made a HUGE investment on the 2.0 thing and pretty much killed their site. That's not capitalism, it's just poor management.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think it's HC's servers right now, it's the ads, google analytics and crap that are hosted on other servers. Get an ad blocker and block all that stuff and the site runs much better.

Of course then you don't get to see all the funny ads. I have no idea what you guys are laughing at :lol:

• Members

I don't think it's HC's servers right now, it's the ads, google analytics and crap that are hosted on other servers. Get an ad blocker and block all that stuff and the site runs much better.

Of course then you don't get to see all the funny ads. I have no idea what you guys are laughing at
:lol:

Has nothing to do with that. I have all of that blocked, and have since the beginning of Firefox/adblock, and it still lags...Hell it just did about 5 minutes ago.

• Members

Of course then you don't get to see all the funny ads. I have no idea what you guys are laughing at
:lol:

Still hangs for me even with adblock. Other sites don't perform this badly. It's not as bad as it was, but it still has problems.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Hi everyone,

Skaught from Musician's Friend here. I'm sorry to hear about the issues people are experiencing with the HC site. We absolutely care and I'll make sure your feedback gets to the right people. If anyone wishes to share more feedback about the problems, please email me at
. Thanks for your time!

Skaught |
|
|
|

Hey there. About 4 months I sent you some "feedback" regarding the state of this forum. It is now worse than ever, so here we go again:

Blank pages when trying to reply and reply is not posted (I have to copy every post or I lose all the text).

Crashing all the time

etc etc...

Basically, same thing as 4 months ago so apparently nothing was really done about it. It shouldn't be hard for a company as big as Musicians Friend to properly run a simple discussion forum.

Archived