Since when have eBay charged a final value fee of 10%???!?!!!?!

Marshredder

• Members

You're paying a convenience fee to move your product, and ebay is allowing you to move that product at maximum price the market will bear. Compare 10% to a consignment shop where the store commission is usually 35-40% or more. Ebay hate is lame, but it's about par for the course for a society that seems to have entitlement issues.

• Members

It'll be more like 13.4%

10% FVF and 3.4% Paypal fee.

I would try Gumtree first, but be prepared for 'low bowlers', lunatics and general time wasters.

You could take the camera to a camera shop and ask them to put it on display/sale for you. The problem is that they will charge you about 20-25% of the sale figure.

I'm not a fan of ebay/paypal but to be honest for the exposure (pun intended) that your camera will get, 13% isn't too bad - if it sells quickly.

• Members

Yeah, I was like :eek: recently too.
I did sell some pedals and amp at the end of the last year after pretty long selling-break.
After that I got bill to pay and I was pretty shocked: 9% of the sell value (+ listing fees).
Short to say: bye, bye Ebay, I don't see me selling anything through them anymore :facepalm:

Archived