Speaking of Cars what do you think of this electric one->

Lucius

• Members

Thinking about picking one up for my commute to work every morning. I spend about 250/month on gas on my 2002 Ford Focus right now. Yay or nay?? This is only for my commute, we rock a minivan for real transport? Or recommend something. Cheers, Lucius

Is your car paid off? If so, keep it. By the time you are done with car payment and insurance on a new car, that is probably way over the $250/month you are spending on gas.

• Members

So what happens to Electricity costs when these things flood the market (hypothetically)?

There's too much demand on teh ole grid so we're tripling your rates! ohh, and electricity speculators predict some clash with lightning, so we're going to quadruple the rates.. ohh and we have to raise rates for impending EMP soon to come.

There's the gas free future!

• Members

So what happens to Electricity costs when these things flood the market (hypothetically)?

There's too much demand on teh ole grid so we're tripling your rates! ohh, and electricity speculators predict some clash with lightning, so we're going to quadruple the rates.. ohh and we have to raise rates for impending EMP soon to come.

There's the gas free future!

The answer is household fission reactors.

• Members

Electric vehicles of any sort are a {censored}ing joke right now...no sort of range, and not to mention the amounts of fossil fuels that go into building/constructing and making them.

Some sort of bio-diesel seems to be the answer. Diesel engines are more efficient.

Not to mention that since our electricity doesnt come from magical voltage fairies and instead mostly comes from coal powered power plants its actually more efficient and arguably cleaner to just have a decently fuel economied car.

Archived