its that time again. post your job thread!!!!!

murdock

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Former IT consultant / Engineer for VoIP and networks, My specialty was trading systems at investment banks (I worked in London, Tokyo and Berlin). Great job long hours but paid well.. Then 2008 happened and all the banks shed staff. I was a contractor and got another job quickly. But it was not the same longer hours for less money and the constant fear of loosing your job as there was so many IT people out of work ready to replace you for less money.

So now I run a business with my wife in south Japan (in the subtropics). I live 5 min from a surfing beach and spend a lot more time with my son. Its nice but a little part of me misses the city so I don't think I will stay in this part of Japan more than a few years.

I am also delving more and more into day-trading. I got a lot of great tips working on a lot of trade floors in a lot of large investment banks.. From Barclay's to Morgan Stanley.

• Members

Senior Systems Engineer & Principal Computer Scientist, depending on which job I'm working. My SSE work is in aerospace, mostly spacecraft along with some work on Unmanned Aerial Systems (drones to the news media).

My PCS work has been going on for nearly four years in mobile software, mostly Android systems. Develop customized variants of the OS and specialized apps for gov customers and for my aerospace work.

• Members

Senior Systems Engineer & Principal Computer Scientist, depending on which job I'm working. My SSE work is in aerospace, mostly spacecraft along with some work on Unmanned Aerial Systems (drones to the news media).

My PCS work has been going on for nearly four years in mobile software, mostly Android systems. Develop customized variants of the OS and specialized apps for gov customers and for my aerospace work.

This sounds so interesting to me, my inner geek is buzzing :lol:

Archived