its that time again. post your job thread!!!!!

murdock

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did work in e-commerce web development...then for the state DOT's web division...then I quit to take care of my (now 13 month old) little girl because my wife started making about 3 times my salary as a university instructor while finishing her PhD. It was either that or basically let some nanny raise her while we both worked, which did not sit well with me.

This parenting crap is a lot harder than I expected, but infinitely more rewarding than surfing the web on the taxpayer's dime :o . I actually thought I could pick my freelance web dev stuff back up while I was doing this but there is no way. I have turned down 4 unsolicited contracts in the last two months.

• Members

tax guy

if it has tax, i probably deal with it

if i ever married an atty i'd start my own estate planning thing on the side and she can just sign all the legalese crap and i'll do the work. will be big biz here in the next 10-15 years.

• Members

Marketing Director for a realty firm. Basically, builders come to us, and I design marketing plans that get their homes sold. Am I passionate about it? No, but I do like the company that I work for, and they treat their employees well (like paying 100% of the best of the best insurance money can buy).

I also have a small start up that I'm working on involving mobile application development/publishing. The plan is for that to become my full time gig once it's up and running.

• Members

I'm a trim carpenter. I have a general cantractors license but make to much money trimming out multi million dollar homes for a regional high end builder.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

I am looking to semi retire/ slow down within 5years.

I'm 37 btw.

Archived