How fast is your internet?

soilent

• Members

I've always felt like my internet speeds were fast, but then when I'd go talk to friends about it they'd be like, "mine is way faster!" I was never able to tell if that was true or if they were just exaggerating. So just out of curiosity, how fast is your internet?

Mine:

Bellsouth DSL 6Meg service

Averages around 600-650kb/s when torrenting, has topped out at 700kb/s though.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I regularly get 3MB/s+ torrents. On a 30Mbit connection.

1816199541.png

I'm jelly dude. I'm lucky to hit 500kB...I was on a 1.5Mbps connection for 3 years until about 2 months ago when it went up to 3Mbps, and now it has gone up a little bit again. Not complaining because my bill stayed the same.

That said, I'm stuck in the sticks and DSL is the best I can get. For a tech dude though...christ it makes it hard to multitask :facepalm::lol:

• Members

I'm jelly dude. I'm lucky to hit 500kB...I was on a 1.5Mbps connection for 3 years until about 2 months ago when it went up to 3Mbps, and now it has gone up a little bit again. Not complaining because my bill stayed the same.

That said, I'm stuck in the sticks and DSL is the best I can get. For a tech dude though...christ it makes it hard to multitask
:facepalm::lol:

That blows man. I'm spoiled. I can't be on a slow connection without developing a twitch.

• Members

ran a speed test, 10ms ping and 8meg dl out of 20.

When I worked for comcast it was the worst when dealing with customers calling in about speedtest results. The company didn't recognise any of them as legit, so any time a customer got 1m out of 10 we had to tell them about the lack of accuracy of those websites and have them do the basic troubleshooting and then they were SOL. At least with my current company we use speedtest.net and have a standard "roll a truck if less than x" policy in place. Speedfreaks still irritate the {censored} out of me but at least I feel better knowing and may be actually to do something for them.

• Members

BTW to the OP, 6Mbit service is seriously slow. Why do you have DSL instead of cable?

Damn, looking at everyone else's numbers my internet IS slow. I don't know why we still have DSL, but I don't really pay for it so I guess I can't complain.

• Members

1816282168.png

Getting exactly what we're paying for at the moment...was really {censored}ty (like 3-400ms ping, 2Mb/s down, 0.2Mb/s up) all weekend though. Housemates love their streaming... :mad:

Archived