This is why Walmart is winning.

Crunchtime

• Members

sorry, no one will convince me that {censored}hole is worth going to. there's nothing there I need that bad. like I said in my original post in this thread... buy 2 decent tire gauges, 1 time. one for home, and one for the car. I've had the same tire gauge in my car since high school (read: 14 years now) and it still works. I also keep my cars organized and clean, so things like my tire gauge are easy to find. Don't treat everything as though it were disposable.

Cool:thu: Just realise that for some people, it is worth it. It doesn't make them stupid or white trash or communists.

I havn't been to a Walmart in a long while.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man I'm jealous of all you guys with Kroger now. Since they started selling Donatos take-n-bake pizzas. Closest Kroger is 100 miles away, I have to buy them in bulk whenever I visit my mom in Atlanta.

Shop in local grocery. Buy foreign auto.
:lol:

while that sounds good and all, check to make sure the foreign car he drives isn't actually made in America. I know they're not all like this, but the BMW roadsters and X series SUV's are all made about 10 miles down the road from me. Not only are there hundreds of local employees getting paid great salaries and benefits to build them, but there are literally dozens of businesses in the area that supply the BMW plant that employ hundreds more. Not to mention there's some kind of Nissan warehouse nearby. I also know there's some kind of big Toyota plant somewhere in TN, and I'm sure there's plenty more like it.

• Members

Wal Mart caps hours of their employees to prevent having to pay benefits. They also treat their employees like {censored}. Adults that need insurance like the rest of us.

Funny this was my exact same experience working at K Mart.

Moral of the story is just don't {censored}ing work retail.

• Members

They shaved $12 per box off by cutting health insurance, employee wages and customer service. When your company decides to take that stuff from you, in order to keep up with the lowest bidder, you can feel happy knowing someone out there is getting a deal at your expense.

Is it Wal-mart shaving $12 off of a $40 product, or Gander Mountain marking up a $28 product to $40? I hate shopping at Wal-mart, and I won't drive the extra three blocks to save a buck or two, but I sure will for $12 on a single item if that $12 represents a 30% difference in price. It's a box of brass, so the only customer service I expect is for someone to unlock the display case and hand it to me. Hell, I even "have to" pay for it at the sporting goods desk, which spares me the pleasure of standing in line waiting for the People of Wal-mart to navigate their go-carts up to the register and struggle to comprehend swiping a plastic card through a little scanner and pushing a button. Gander Mountain employees try to go all Guitar Center and sell service plans or up-sell. I bet they make about the same hourly wage and get the same benefits, if any. They sure as hell aren't making 30% more, their service isn't 30% better, so I'm not paying 30% more. But they might trick me into buying some specialty item that I absolutely don't need, and if they manage that, then I guess someone gets to eat prime rib instead of Spam that night.

I know, I know. Going shooting is mandatory, and it's not like you could just go less often. Spare me.

Watching TV and eating Twinkies are equally mandatory, and Wal-mart sells both of those too. Spare me.

• Members

Also, WTF is a Kroger? :lol:

Googled it and apparently Litman Jewlers is the same company? haha

Anyhow, there are non to be found in my area or even within an ok drive. But I do my grocery shopping at Wegmans, I LOATH walmart.

• Members

This is not only Wal-Mart and Home Depot responsible for this. I used to work with a gentleman that was an engineer for Black and Decker. They own another "high level" tool company, I believe it's DeWalt. He said they repackage (the case) the exact same guts of the B&D into the DeWalt. Not true for the whole entire line of course. A top of the line hammer drill by Dewalt is surely more solid than B&D. Point being, the manufacturers are in on this too.

regarding Wal Mart, we like our cheap {censored}, don't we? I agree with someone who said "toothpaste, cleaners, soaps"....if Wal Mart has a better price on stuff like that, well have at it. I personally rarely shop there, but I was looking for a campus bike for my daughter, and we found a nice commuter Schwinn for about 220. I told her it was unlikely we'd find a bike at that price point in the bike shops but let's go look anyway.

Most shops were indeed around 500 bucks and up. No way, not for sitting outside at campus. One of the guys showed us a real nice rental bike (Jamis) that he let us have for 200. We all beat Wal Mart that day!

Thats why you buy Hilti, dawg.

• Members
Kroger and HEB here jack up the prices for household goods and cleaners bc they know people are like most here and won't go to Walmart for any reason and the nearest Target is a good 10 miles out of the way. To me it's about a $10-15 if not more difference when I'm buying non-grocery items, every week or so.
:idk:

Yo bawss - next time you're at HEB/Central Market go buy some of their pre-shredded private label 8oz cups. I made that product line happen :thu: Same thing with the rest of you Texans.

• Members
Dude, Kroger fuel stations are the shiz. 50 pts for each script filled, plus groceries = I haven't paid over $3/gallon in over a year.

hell, search Craigslist for a used bike if your daughter just needs a campus cruiser. or spend a bit extra and support a local shop, more than likely owned by someone in your community. Sounds like you did.

yeah...searched and searched. People selling their bikes are worse than amp sellers.

"You want 75 bucks for...THAT? :freak: "

Bunch of freaks and weirdos.

But it worked out fine anyway. We felt MUCH better giving our money to the shop and not Wal Mart.

• Members

I don't care about that. I don't shop at Wal Mart because I don't want to give them money. The White Trash that shops there were white trash well before Wally world. They're not white trash
because
they shop there, and I don't think I'm better than them.

Stick it to the man.

Some people cant afford to stick it to the man. Thats all im really saying. :idk:

• Members
Stick it to the man.

Some people cant afford to stick it to the man. Thats all im really saying.
:idk:

I don't buy it for the majority of people. Most have the 'everyone else is doing it, so why not me' mentality and just don't care that much.

I certainly feel for the people that thing wal mart is their only alternative to starving. I don't believe that either.

The normal response I get from my friends is something along the lines of being able to buy more stuff. I just do without the useless stuff. Food/Grocery items aren't really that much cheaper at Walmart. Maybe for the {censored}ty frozen dinners and stockpiles of cookies/chips/soda, but I compared fresh veggies to Kroger/Sprouts and no difference except Kroger/Sprouts actually looked edible. Wal Mart meat is disgusting.

• Members
The "more stuff" doesnt have to be from walmart.

{censored}ing slap chops:lol:

you don't support Vince? :mad:

actually I just hate everyone right now. i've gotten 5 hours of sleep in the past ocuple nights. {censored} em all. Except Vince. That nobel beater of hookers.

• Members

But didn't you spend at least $4 on gas and about an hour trying to save about $7?
:facepalm:

No. I was going down that street anyway. Did not really cost me any gas. Did cost a little time. Not worried about the time, call me ghey but, I like to look at tools and car {censored}. Also, this whole episode took 10 min.

• Members

Funny this was my exact same experience working at K Mart.

Moral of the story is just don't {censored}ing work retail.

This!

Walmart, Kmart, Target, Ames, and lately Sears all operate about the same. Best Buy is another one with the same m.o.

Load up with mostly part timers, have high turnaround, treat employees as bad as a fast food restaurant.

They know those jobs are a means to an end and there are tons of applicants always in the pool.

Archived